What's new

Vietnam, India strengthen strategic defence ties

Yeti

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The seventh Vietnam-India Strategic Defence Dialogue took place in the Indian capital city of New Delhi on September 26.

Vietnamese Deputy Defence Minister Lieut. Gen. Nguyen Chi Vinh and Indian Defence Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma co-chaired the event.

The two sides exchanged views on the current situation of global and regional security, the regional security structures as well as the bilateral defence ties.

They agreed to strengthen the cooperation between the two ministries within the framework of the Vietnam-India Strategic Partnership.

The same day, Vinh was received by Indian Defence Minister AK. Antony and National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon.

At the reception, the Vietnamese deputy minister expressed his belief that the two ministries’ cooperation in the fields of defence industry, military technology, officer training and experience sharing will be further reinforced and developed.

Both sides said they are determined to realize the agreements reached by the two ministries.

http://english.vovnews.vn/Home/Vietnam-India-strengthen-strategic-defence-ties/20129/142501.vov

Good news :D
: This thread is going to be a mess :D

TH14_CITY_ANTONY_268566f.jpg

Makes me wish to visit Vietnam now :cheers:

This is all so boring:

Thursday, Sep 27, 2012, Posted at: 14:01(GMT+7)

Chinese National Day celebrated in HCMC

A meeting was held in Ho Chi Minh City yesterday, September 26, at the Offices of the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organization and the Vietnam-China Friendship Organization in Ho Chi Minh City to mark the 63rd anniversary of Chinese National Day (October 1).

Addressing the ceremony, Duong Quan Ha, Chairman of the HCMC Office of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee cum Chairman of HCMC Vietnam-China Friendship Organization, congratulated the Chinese community who are working and studying in the City, on occasion of their National Day.

He stressed that Vietnam and China are two friendly neighboring countries and the two people share a common desire for peace and prosperity as well as a time-honored traditional relationship.

The exchange of visits by leaders of the two countries and discussions on matters of mutual concern has contributed to the consolidating and strengthening of bilateral relations, he added.

The two countries’ economic and trade ties have grown increasingly. Two-way trade reached US$40 billion in 2011, and $22.2 billion in the first half of 2012, up 23 percent over the same period last year.

On his part, Zhuo Lei Ming, China’s Consul General in HCMC, said he believes that the Vietnam-China relations will overcome all current difficulties for a better future.

What's the value of bilateral trade between Vietnam and India?? :coffee:

Like it or not,there are far more Vietnameses studying、working or living in China than in India。

Less you Indians don't know,the very name “Vietnam” (Yuenan in Chinese phonetics)was bestowed by the Emperor Jiaqing of the Qing Dynasty。

Same for Japan(Nippon in Chinese or Japanese,and by an emperor of the Tang Dynasty)

Perhaps both should change their respective country name。:yahoo:

I am pretty sure Vietnam will be the first country to get the exported version of Brahmos once we have filled our own orders, that will be a big step in the Vietnam-India Strategic Partnership.

I dont understand something,if their is demand for bharmos why dont we increase the production of bharmos and sell it to friendly countries.

I dont understand something,if their is demand for bharmos why dont we increase the production of bharmos and sell it to friendly countries.

We must first fill our own orders before we can start to export it to third parties but Vietnam I believe will be one of those first on the list for the missile.

Press Information Bureau English Releases

Presently, the Brahmos missiles are being produced for meeting the requirements for Indian Army, Navy and Air Force on priority. Export will start only after meeting minimum requirements of India.

However Brahmos 2 will be only for India and Russia

The two countries’ economic and trade ties have grown increasingly. Two-way trade reached US$40 billion in 2011, and $22.2 billion in the first half of 2012, up 23 percent over the same period last year.

On his part, Zhuo Lei Ming, China’s Consul General in HCMC, said he believes that the Vietnam-China relations will overcome all current difficulties for a better future.

What's the value of bilateral trade between Vietnam and India?? :coffee:

Like it or not,there are far more Vietnameses studying、working or living in China than in India。

Less you Indians don't know,the very name “Vietnam” (Yuenan in Chinese phonetics)was bestowed by the Emperor Jiaqing of the Qing Dynasty。

Same for Japan(Nippon in Chinese or Japanese,and by an emperor of the Tang Dynasty)

Perhaps both should change their respective country name。:yahoo:

:hitwall: most stupid chinese i ever seen. :blah: what's the country name have anything to do with war? i think they are same vietnamese who killed almost 50000 PLA army , and the nippon's are thesame person who were famous for killing chinese. :yahoo: they didnt chaged thr country name , but still killd you like rats , :taz:

Back
Top Bottom