What's new

Vietnam Economy Forum

why are did hybrid cars flopped? Because there enough oil in the world with shale oil and enough enrgy with shale gas, but no one wants a desktop PC that is loud.

Intel and AMD are both american companies no one cares about who will win over the other but a lot of people will care about security of data

Data security will always be a myth till other big countries invest heavily in the ground work needed to make systems from scratch.

Intel dies in Chinese' dream, but live in reality. Consider 80% of chip market share, if Intel dies the market will collapse. Intel cannot die, can only be replaced, however so far no corporate have the resource to be able to compete with Intel yet.

The Chinese in here just got no idea how much money and scientists needed to have a firm like Intel. Even their Chinese 3 large IT firms Lenovo + Huawai + Xiaomi + bunch other craps are no match for Intel.
hey welcome to the forum!
producing the CPU is a major step for our IT industry.

Kyle, let define and summarize some facts:
- To Kyle, Intel dying, some Intel Fab must close. for example 2010 opened Fab68 in China would be sold to Hynix. mean that Fab bring no profit or has no order? after just few years of operating
- Intel celebrate the first Haswell CPU made in Vietnam this month, Vietnam facility would provide 80% of global demand for that type of CPU.
-------
1. Is it possible that Intel found new chance on production in Vietnam? it's not discrepancy to close other fabs in China or USA at the same time.

Desktop is loud because of CPU? lol
CPU's are found in smart phones and tablets too.
desktop is loud because it has hardware, why having hardware if you can stream to devices who are silent? Most of our time on the internet we spent are on application that are streamed, the site youre looking at right now is a stream from servers

Data security will always be a myth till other big countries invest heavily in the ground work needed to make systems from scratch.
russia and china are, japan also used for its latest super server CPUs made by fujitsu

desktop is loud because it has hardware, why having hardware if you can stream to devices who are silent? Most of our time on the internet we spent are on application that are streamed, the site youre looking at right now is a stream from servers

russia and china are, japan also used for its latest super server CPUs made by fujitsu
Tablets have hardware too, so why aren't they loud?

Loud desktops are from the fan running to cool down powerful parts (or people neglecting to clean off the dust). Tablets are silent because their processors and other components are lower powered which doesn't require a fan to cool it.

Desktops will always have a place in the gaming community, they are only losing shares to more casual computer users. But that is aside the point.

Intel is not dying. They are losing market share, their main technology is SLOWLY becoming obsolete but with how much assets they possess, they can transition to other technologies in the future.

A new NiceGuy wannabe. He sounds angry.
You've contributed absolutely nothing to this thread except spam. If you want to keep arguing with NiceGuy, do it as private message.

There's something I've always wondered about how Vietnamese business and entertainment operates, I don't mean to sound offensive but sometimes it bothers me alot.

Whenever I go to a Japanese or Korean supermarket, it is clean, produce are fresh, lots store variety, everything is displayed neat and nice. Fishes kept inside glass display case to keep the store from smelling. Many people like to shop there (White Americans, Koreans-Americans, Chinese Americans, even Vietnamese Americans)

Whenever I go to a Vietnamese store, everything is bland, not many variety, smells bad sometimes because fishes are put in open display on ice (I'm used to it but many White-Americans hate it), not well kept. ONLY vietnamese people shop there.

I can understand that making the store more well kept is more expensive, but having not so clean store does not help bring in more customers either.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

American restaurants are kept clean, waiters and cashiers are (usually) polite. Often times, new menu items are attended to keep the restaurant new and to attract new customers.

Vietnamese restaurants often have flies in it, waiters and cashiers are too informal. American waiters say "Hi, what would you like today". Vietnamese waiters say "Muon gi?" (What do you want?), sometimes they just don't say anything at all, quietly take my money and handed me change. Same menu items for years. Many Vietnamese businesses where I live (Little Saigon) are starting to close down due to their inability to adapt.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Korean music industry, singers try to sing in tones that sounds more appealing to non-Koreans. Vietnamese sing in this southern/nothern accent that sounds unappealing to many. Koreans hire choreographers and fashion designers from other countries to help with dance moves and outfit. Vietnamese don't do that as much, leaving the singers to wear outfits that even I, a not very fashion conscious person, can tell is horrible.

What I'm trying to get at is why does Vietnamese people not seem to deviate from what they usually do, why do they always want cheap+quantity rather than some quality? Why do they seem to not adapt as fast as the successful American, Koreans, Japanese businesses? As a person who wants to own a business/small company in the future, all these things about my people often bothers me.

That's not all true. Most Vietnamese restuarants I've been to are doing very well here in Canada in fact we are replacing a lot of Chinese restaurants which are located in China town. I don't know about the Vietnamese Americans but the Vietnamese Canadians are doing very well for themselves here.

@Rechoice , @Viet , @Carlosa , @Battle of Bach Dang River , @xesy

japan_ZXVC.jpg

Japan's Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida (L) and his Vietnamese counterpart Pham Binh Minh raise a toast after a signing ceremony at the Government Guesthouse in Hanoi August 1, 2014. Photo credit: Reuters

Japan will give six navy boats to Vietnam to boost its patrols and surveillance in the East Sea (aka South China Sea), Japan's foreign minister said on Friday, in the latest sign of a strengthening of alliances between states locked in maritime rows with China.

The used vessels, worth 500 million yen (US$4.86 million), would be accompanied by training and equipment to help the coastguard and fisheries surveillance effort, Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida said after talks with Vietnamese counterpart Pham Binh Minh.

The deal represents a notable shift in the two countries' close diplomatic and investment ties towards defense, a move likely to irk an increasingly assertive China that is pressing hard on claims to nine-tenths of the potentially energy-rich sea, and worrying much of the region.

"Japan's actions are understandable, since all claimant countries suffer from Chinese assertiveness," Yun Sun, a China security policy expert with the Stimson Center, a Washington-based think tank, told Thanh Nien News.

"But then certainly, such 'alignment' of positions is perceived as hostility by China," she said.
Kishada told a news conference in Hanoi.on Friday that international security is getting more "complicated."
"Prosperity only comes with stability in the South China Sea and the East China Sea," he said. "I hope this equipment will strengthen the ability of Vietnam's coastal enforcement authorities."

Vietnam enjoys tight business ties with Japan, its biggest investor, but relations with Hanoi's largest trade partner, China, are at their worst in three decades.

Beijing's May 2 deployment of a drilling rig in waters Vietnam's 200-nautical-mile exclusive economic zone lit the fuse on simmering anti-China sentiment in Vietnam, worsened by accusations that the southeast Asian country's fishing boats were deliberately rammed by Chinese vessels.

Live-fire drills

That led to protests, rioting and arson in Vietnam aimed at Chinese factories, although Taiwan facilities were worst hit.

The rig was moved out of Vietnamese waters on July 16, a month before schedule. China said the rig was shifted because its mission had been completed.

China is not showing any sign of easing off on its maritime push. It will hold live-fire drills for five days from Tuesday off its coast in the East China Sea opposite Japan and in the Gulf of Tonkin, which borders both China and Vietnam, according to the Ministry of National Defense.

The Japanese support for Vietnam will include radar equipment and the vessels are to be handed over by year end, according to a Japanese government source in Tokyo, who requested anonymity.
Japan's already fragile ties with China have soured over their competing claims to a string of uninhabited East China Sea islets that Beijing calls Diaoyu and Tokyo refers to as Senkaku.

China also has overlapping East Sea claims with Taiwan, Malaysia, Brunei and the Philippines, to which Vietnam has recently cozied up, and says may follow in pursuing international legal action against China.

Japan offers vessels to Vietnam to boost its sea strength | Politics | Thanh Nien Daily

I was just about to post this. Good for Vietnam!

Pacific Partnership 2014 was a really great way for the 7th Fleet and JMSDF to coordinate humanitarian efforts and civilian confidence building initiative around South East Asia. In particular Viet Nam, the Philippines.

The flowering of Viet Nam's attitude is welcoming !

Back
Top Bottom