Onboard of cadett training sailship 286 Lê Quý Đôn

maxresdefault.jpg

Lam-le-thuong-co-tren-tau-buom-hien-dai-bac-nhat-the-gioi-5.jpg

Lam-le-thuong-co-tren-tau-buom-hien-dai-bac-nhat-the-gioi-10.jpg

21052018pv1234567.jpg

c3a8cf46ddd6d4da21850cd1a0b1ddcf057de1d3_720_auto.jpg

the sailship visit to the Philippines

upload_2018-5-21_18-49-45.png

Sorry dude, but one thing defeats your analysis.....a competent military will evaluate its own strategies and tactics by thinking whats the worst way the enemy can attack it (and do this iteration a few times more up the chain to the relevant levels possible). Everyone that uses trenches today has factored all of those results in already, by thinking how they themselves would do their best to attack such...and hedging with all the counters available. Whatever can go through this process and still be valid/useful, will be employed....no matter how it might optically look like.

=======================================

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...xercise-with-vietnam/articleshow/64241913.cms

BTW @Viet any vietnamese news regarding this? @Viva_Viet @Aqsuperman @xiao qi

With an eye on China, India to hold naval exercise with Vietnam

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Three Indian warships will enter the Tien Sa Port (Danang) on Monday
  • From May 21 to 25, there will be a professional interaction between personnel of the two navies
  • India is also set to train Vietnamese fighter pilots to fly the Sukhoi-30 fighter jets

NEW DELHI: India will hold its first naval exercise with Vietnam next week, as part of the overall strategy to steadily build military ties with nations in the Asia Pacific region with an eye firmly on a confrontationist and expansionist China, even as defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman is slated to visit Hanoi next month.

Three Indian warships on operational deployment to South East Asia and North West Pacific region, stealth frigate INS Sahyadri, missile corvette INS Kamorta and fleet tanker INS Shakti, will enter the Tien Sa Port (Danang) on Monday.

“From May 21 to 25, there will be a professional interaction between personnel of the two navies, official calls and interaction with dignitaries of the Vietnamese Government. On completion of the harbour phase, warships from the two navies would be undertaking the exercise,” said Navy spokesperson Captain D K Sharma.

With defence cooperation being a vital component of the “comprehensive strategic partnership” between the two countries, Sitharaman is scheduled to visit Vietnam in June to further bolster bilateral military ties. The chief of general staff of the Vietnam People's Army and the commander-in chief of Vietnam People's Navy are also slated to visit India later this year.

The two countries are wary of China’s aggressive tactics in Asia-Pacific, especially the contentious South China Sea, and have steadily cranked up their bilateral military ties over the last few years. There have also been a series of high-level visits to Vietnam, with PM Narendra Modi visiting Hanoi in September 2016 and announcing a new $500 million defence line of credit.

After inking a “joint vision statement on defence for 2015-2020” in May 2015, the two countries also decided to elevate their “strategic partnership” to “comprehensive strategic partnership” during Modi’s visit in September 2016.

India has also offered the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles as well as the Akash surface-to-air missile defence systems to Vietnam.

India is also set to train Vietnamese fighter pilots to fly the Sukhoi-30 fighter jets, much like it has been tutoring sailors from that country on the complex art of operating Kilo-class submarines for the last four years, as earlier reported by TOI.

Apart from regular port calls by warships, the Indian Navy cooperates with the Vietnam People’s Navy on a wide range of issues from operational interactions and training to logistics support and exchange of experts.

India, of course, has also stepped up defence cooperation, ranging from expansion in military visits and exercises to training and technology-sharing, with other Southeast Asian countries like Singapore, Myanmar, Malaysia and Indonesia.

As for the South China Sea, India has repeatedly stressed the need for all to respect the freedom of navigation in international waters, right of passage and overflight, unimpeded commerce and access to resources in accordance with the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea.

For now, there is only a confirmation that there is going to be a naval excercise between the Indian ships and two ships from Vietnam People Navy. We don't have anything solid yet but given the scale of the visit, I think the ships mentioned are going to Gepards, probably the newest pair: HQ-15 Tran Hung Dao and HQ-16 Quang Trung. Oh and here are some pictures of the receiving ceremony.

33043204_1882060298760072_8444370754404876288_n.jpg

33081681_1882060338760068_5405276325529255936_n.jpg

33149352_1882060482093387_1712316127050203136_n.jpg

33057848_1882060558760046_7659508001237106688_n.jpg

Hai @Viet and @Aqsuperman :)

How are you buddies ? :-)

Why there is still few Vietnamese in PDF ? I left PDF 1,5 year ago and now Vietnam Defence Forum is still quite empty. I though many Vietnamese now have high speed internet access.

You lost @William Hung here, he is quite a good defender of Vietnam in PDF :partay:

Thanks for APEC 2017
https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%2Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%2Fimages%2F8%2F2%2F9%2F5%2F10575928-32-eng-GB%2F20171111_apec-leaders.jpg

Why there is still few Vietnamese in PDF ? I left PDF 1,5 year ago and now Vietnam Defence Forum is still quite empty. I though many Vietnamese now have high speed internet access.

You lost @William Hung here, he is quite a good defender of Vietnam in PDF :partay:

Thanks for APEC 2017
https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%2Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%2Fimages%2F8%2F2%2F9%2F5%2F10575928-32-eng-GB%2F20171111_apec-leaders.jpg

We have up and down, I guess. Military is not exactly a hot topic in my country.

In Vietnam now as I type this. On a bus to Chau Doc. Cambodia tomorrow. I seen the suffering of your people from the Americans. May you never have another war. Love Vietnam. Love the people
After 20 year in war agaisnt US till 1975, VN also sufferred US-CN sanction till 1990 (year of Soviet collapse). Thats the price for a small country but wanna live in independence, bro.

After 20 year in war agaisnt US till 1975, VN also sufferred US-CN sanction till 1990 (year of Soviet collapse). Thats the price for a small country but wanna live in independence, bro.
I went to the remenent museum I Saigon I was so angry. Waned to cry.
Americans are evil

Thanks for APEC 2017
WH is the worst troller I have ever seen. He probably spends hours reading all of my posts to seek unsharp statements and begins debates about it. Once he claims Vietnamese people come from the Khmer land because I post a report from the Havard medical school stating the Viet came from Taiwan based on genetic evidences.

I guess you like him because he finds Muslim people “cool”. Ok.

Viet people generally hate militarism. We are proud of the army, our major streets are named after the national heroes, but we rarely talk about military in daily life.

There were more Viet posters in the past, they are not interested of anymore. Understandable, the Chinese have turned a discussion forum into trash bin.

Vietnam military spending in absolute sum is among the lowest in the world. Considering the threat we are facing, our spending is rediculous.

More rediculous: we are not in any military pact. No wonder the Chinese clowns threaten Vietnam with war in regular interval.

In respect to Indonesia, I find your country does little to nothing to maintain peace in the region. Very regrettable.

WH is the worst troller I have ever seen. He probably spends hours reading all of my posts to seek unsharp statements and begins debates about it. Once he claims Vietnamese people come from the Khmer land because I post a report from the Havard medical school stating the Viet came from Taiwan based on genetic evidences.

I guess you like him because he finds Muslim people “cool”. Ok.

Viet people generally hate militarism. We are proud of the army, our major streets are named after the national heroes, but we rarely talk about military in daily life.

There were more Viet posters in the past, they are not interested of anymore. Understandable, the Chinese have turned a discussion forum into trash bin.

Vietnam military spending in absolute sum is among the lowest in the world. Considering the threat we are facing, our spending is rediculous.

More rediculous: we are not in any military pact. No wonder the Chinese clowns threaten Vietnam with war in regular interval.

I also see @BoQ77 is still banned. Carlosa is absent either. Actually, there are many good Vietnamese writer in Quora.

Ya, I guest Indonesia doesnt want to act alone. Today China has become the other SEA members as well with his militarized man made island. By the way, Indonesia under Jokowi is still much better than during Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. You can check on this:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/jakarta-pushes-for-patrols-by-s-e-asian-nations-in-south-china-sea

PUBLISHED
MAR 17, 2018

SYDNEY • Indonesia has lobbied South-east Asian countries to carry out maritime patrols in the disputed South China Sea, claimed in most part by China, to improve security, Defence Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu said yesterday.

Indonesia said it is a non-claimant state in the South China Sea dispute. However, it has clashed with China over fishing rights around the Natuna Islands, and has expanded its military presence in the area. It has also renamed the northern reaches of its exclusive economic zone, asserting its own maritime claim.

Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop and Defence Minister Marise Payne held talks yesterday with their Indonesian counterparts Retno Marsudi and Mr Ryacudu in Sydney, ahead of an Asean summit starting today.

"For the South China Sea, I went around to friends - Asean defence ministers - so that each country that faces the South China Sea patrols up to 200 nautical miles, around 230km," Mr Ryacudu told reporters at a joint press conference.

Indonesia is focusing on three areas, notably the Sulu Sea, the Malacca Strait and the seas around the coast of Thailand, Mr Ryacudu said, referring to existing cooperation with Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia and the Philippines.

"If we look at the (borders) from Vietnam down to Indonesia and to the Philippines, we can see we have secured almost half of the South China Sea (in areas) we are already patrolling," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And Australia has rejected the idea last year

MARCH 7, 2017 / 10:23 AM / A YEAR AGO

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-southchinasea-indonesia-australia-idUSKBN16E0D0

In an interview with the Australian newspaper last month, Indonesian President Joko Widodo said he would like to see joint patrols and intended to raise the idea with Turnbull, but only if it did not further inflame tensions with China.

“We are not going to undertake any actions which would increase tensions in the South China Sea,” said Turnbull, when asked by a reporter whether Indonesia had raised the prospect of conducting joint patrols.

I also see @BoQ77 is still banned. Carlosa is absent either. Actually, there are many good Vietnamese writer in Quora.

Ya, I guest Indonesia doesnt want to act alone. Today China has become the other SEA members as well with his militarized man made island. By the way, Indonesia under Jokowi is still much better than during Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. You can check on this:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/jakarta-pushes-for-patrols-by-s-e-asian-nations-in-south-china-sea

PUBLISHED
MAR 17, 2018

SYDNEY • Indonesia has lobbied South-east Asian countries to carry out maritime patrols in the disputed South China Sea, claimed in most part by China, to improve security, Defence Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu said yesterday.

Indonesia said it is a non-claimant state in the South China Sea dispute. However, it has clashed with China over fishing rights around the Natuna Islands, and has expanded its military presence in the area. It has also renamed the northern reaches of its exclusive economic zone, asserting its own maritime claim.

Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop and Defence Minister Marise Payne held talks yesterday with their Indonesian counterparts Retno Marsudi and Mr Ryacudu in Sydney, ahead of an Asean summit starting today.

"For the South China Sea, I went around to friends - Asean defence ministers - so that each country that faces the South China Sea patrols up to 200 nautical miles, around 230km," Mr Ryacudu told reporters at a joint press conference.

Indonesia is focusing on three areas, notably the Sulu Sea, the Malacca Strait and the seas around the coast of Thailand, Mr Ryacudu said, referring to existing cooperation with Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia and the Philippines.

"If we look at the (borders) from Vietnam down to Indonesia and to the Philippines, we can see we have secured almost half of the South China Sea (in areas) we are already patrolling," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And Australia has rejected the idea last year

MARCH 7, 2017 / 10:23 AM / A YEAR AGO

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-southchinasea-indonesia-australia-idUSKBN16E0D0

In an interview with the Australian newspaper last month, Indonesian President Joko Widodo said he would like to see joint patrols and intended to raise the idea with Turnbull, but only if it did not further inflame tensions with China.

“We are not going to undertake any actions which would increase tensions in the South China Sea,” said Turnbull, when asked by a reporter whether Indonesia had raised the prospect of conducting joint patrols.
Carlosa is on Twitter. BoQ is banned forever because he repeatedly offened the Chinese especially the German Mod guy. I had appealed him several times to stop but he refused to listen. Trolling is ok but what he did was ways too much. When I troll the Chinese, they even don’t notice it.

Big country should shoulder big responsibility. So should Indonesia and Australia. But both do too little. It can’t be that Vietnam holds the first line and the last line of defense.

The rise of Rome collided with the hegemony of Carthago. If the rise of China can’t be checked, we ALL would be doomed. Vietnam and Indonesia. So the fate of Carthago.

Carlosa is on Twitter. BoQ is banned forever because he repeatedly offened the Chinese especially the German Mod guy. I had appealed him several times to stop but he refused to listen. Trolling is ok but what he did was ways too much. When I troll the Chinese, they even don’t notice it.

Big country should shoulder big responsibility. So should Indonesia and Australia. But both do too little. It can’t be that Vietnam holds the first line and the last line of defense.

The rise of Rome collided with the hegemony of Carthago. If the rise of China can’t be checked, we ALL would be doomed. Vietnam and Indonesia. So the fate of Carthago.
Aussie start buying more seafood, fruit, steel from VN as both VN-Aussia are TPP members, things getting better now, bro

Oil tanker INS Shakti of India Navy anchores at Tien Sa Port in Da Nang city.

According to latest statistics, Vietnam has about 4 billion tons of crude oil and gas reserves in the waters. so about 33.8 billion barrels.

20180523115940-6.jpg

Japanese warship JS Osumi (4001) anchores at Cam Ranh bay.

a0618e178e9660c83987-1526961151921299325086.jpg

US hospital ship USNS Mercy anchores at Nha Trang bay.

dsc02994-15269611519241544558744.jpg

Back
Top Bottom