What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Ballistic missiles are not going to help defend the islands, Its a weapon of retaliation.
Shaddock missiles and Su-22 can't penetrate a modern air defense system. Su-22s only carry short range missiles, Its a suicide mission.

The S-1000 is not overpriced, Its actually very cost effective and a capable design. VN was very interested in it, the Italians came to Hanoi to discuss the sale but nothing else has been heard.

Yes but it's made in italy. These guys havent won a single battle since the fall of the roman empire. They were the biggest joke in both world wars. The only reason people give shit made in italy any attention is the price. They produce crap and slap a ridiculous price on it and people think price=quality.

Ballistic missiles are not going to help defend the islands, Its a weapon of retaliation.
Shaddock missiles and Su-22 can't penetrate a modern air defense system. Su-22s only carry short range missiles, Its a suicide mission.

Its impossible to defend those small islands, Ballistic missiles are used to destroy enemy's hardware, air base in enemy's islands.

In 80s, Su 22 was the best choice, bro. Our Su 22 didnt fire to Cn ship just bcs our economy situation was to bad that time. Now, our economy is quite good and Su 30 will replace Su 22 in that mission.

We will not hesitate to destroy enemy's islands and sink their ships if they attack our islands again.

A Chinese film trailer about battle of LaoSon between China and Vietnam in 1986

LaoShan or LaoSon is a part of Vietnam territories, It was occupied by Chinese force in 1986, Vietnamese tried to counter-attack, two sides competed to gain each meter land in there and make it becomes one of the most fierce battles happened in 1986.

A Chinese film trailer about battle of LaoSon between China and Vietnam in 1986

LaoShan or LaoSon is a part of Vietnam territories, It was occupied by Chinese force in 1986, Vietnamese tried to counter-attack, two sides competed to gain each meter land in there and make it becomes one of the most fierce battles happened in 1986.

Chinese governments are some of the dumbest goddamn idiots alive. Not just the current ones, but throughout history. They suppress the talents of their people, who are capable as any, and force their greedy ideals on civilians.

Just look at their history, the people would build china up to be a super power only to have the ruling party destroy everything their people work for. I mean, chinese leaderships have made the most disasterous mistakes of all time, repeatedly.

I wonder why chinese dont hang those POS in power.

Chinese governments are some of the dumbest goddamn idiots alive. Not just the current ones, but throughout history. They suppress the talents of their people, who are capable as any, and force their greedy ideals on civilians.

Just look at their history, the people would build china up to be a super power only to have the ruling party destroy everything their people work for. I mean, chinese leaderships have made the most disasterous mistakes of all time, repeatedly.

I wonder why chinese dont hang those POS in power.
Don't agree on some issues, in other aspects, their government is so smart not an idiot. From what I see in history, the Chinese leaders have not been controlled by emotions like Vietnamese leaders. The invasion of Vietnam makes the chance for China today, shake hand with American and capitalist nation while the Vietnamese invasion of Cambodia because of a big part of the Vietnamese leader's emotions after Polpot's attacking in South VN. See the difference.

Only Chinese soldier who sends to the battle is so misery, they don't understand why the fought and die for what. The Chinese government calls the war as 对越自卫还击战 but self -defense for what.

BTW, I like the traller film because It is so real same as these things I hear from Vietnamese veteran. In the first of trailer, I also hear a Chinese soldier said: wo zhen de hao pa, I'm really scared and want to go home. Maybe It is the reason why this film was banned in China. Unfortunately

money can’t buy competent, courage, operational readiness , combat experience,
thanks for your comment. I agree with your point fully that money alone can not buy a strong and competent military force!

So instead of "buy everything from foreign countries", what PLA doing is:
1) indigenous development of all defense systems;
2) extensive/close-to-real military exercises

In terms of the indigenous development of all defense systems, what we usually see on the screen is the final product itself, e.g. the complete J20, or Type 052D destroyer. But what not easily seen is the efforts that China makes for develop the sub-systems, or the components of the sub-systems, or the machines to produce these components. Below are just two tiny examples, one is the 80,000-Ton press machine developed by China to produce the large-size structural parts of the military plane; another is the titanium part of an unnamed military plane. The titanium part is produced by 3D printing (laser direct manufacturing)

J202.jpg

J201.jpg

With respect to military drills, PLA does not have the chance to do a real modern combat, so the only compensation PLA could do is to put its soldiers in extensive/close-to-real military exercises. Here is just one small example.

The following news from China Central Television mentions two interesting things:
1) In Autumn 2016, a confrontation drill between the PLA Rocket Force (PLARF) vs. the Air Defense units of PLAAF. Within this single drill, PLARF launched 10 ballistic missiles; and PLAAF launched several tens of air defense missiles to intercept the ballistic missiles (maybe 2~3 air defense missiles for every ballistic missile?). I think the amount of the missiles consumed in this single drill alone (10 ballistic missiles + 20~30 HQ-9/S300 alike missiles) is close to the total missile inventory of most countries.

2) PLARF did 20 Tianjian-series (天剑/Sky Sword) drills in 2016. And nearly 100 ballistic missiles fired in these Tianjian-series drills. Considering the Tianjian exercises are just part of the drills that PLARF joins, I won't be surprised that PLARF consumed 200 ballistic missiles, or more, in different drills in 2016. I.e the ballistic missiles consumed by PLARF in one single year, has been more than the total inventory of most countries.

Of course such drills can not fully imitate a real modern combat, but this is already the best that could be performed in peaceful time. Compared to other countries, who lacks of the experience in a real modern combat neither, meanwhile still reluctant to fire real missiles (in large quantity) in military exercises, I'm happy to see PLA is moving in the right path.

The PLARF video mentioned:
http://tv.cctv.com/2016/12/27/VIDE3MYVTOf7Yrq2uCaUANzy161227.shtml

Last edited:
900 mm penetration is of DU round.

Turks also fielded Pattons.
the Turks lost 10 Leopard 2A4 within few days. Autsch! the Leo2 is a typ of tank that lacks protection from the flank and is vulnerable to anti missile and ambush. T90 is better protected.

312094352.jpg

Don't agree on some issues, in other aspects, their government is so smart not an idiot. From what I see in history, the Chinese leaders have not been controlled by emotions like Vietnamese leaders. The invasion of Vietnam makes the chance for China today, shake hand with American and capitalist nation while the Vietnamese invasion of Cambodia because of a big part of the Vietnamese leader's emotions after Polpot's attacking in South VN. See the difference.

Only Chinese soldier who sends to the battle is so misery, they don't understand why the fought and die for what. The Chinese government calls the war as 对越自卫还击战 but self -defense for what.

BTW, I like the traller film because It is so real same as these things I hear from Vietnamese veteran. In the first of trailer, I also hear a Chinese soldier said: wo zhen de hao pa, I'm really scared and want to go home. Maybe It is the reason why this film was banned in China. Unfortunately
Thailand is similar to Vietnam in geography and population. How many times the Chinese attacked the Siamese? Zero. How many times they attacked Vietnam? Too many times to count. Correct, Vietnam is generally too stupid too emotional giving the Chinese too many pretexts and excuses for aggression. The Thai generally act smarter in diplomacy.

The Chinese attacked Vietnam killing our people destroying our country because we retaliated against Cambodia aggression. In contrast the Chinese did not lift a finger when Thailand attacked Cambodia and even annexed the country.

the Turks lost 10 Leopard 2A4 within few days. Autsch! the Leo2 is a typ of tank that lacks protection from the flank and is vulnerable to anti missile and ambush. T90 is better protected.

312094352.jpg

Thailand is similar to Vietnam in geography and population. How many times the Chinese attacked the Siamese? Zero. How many times they attacked Vietnam? Too many times to count. Correct, Vietnam is generally too stupid too emotional giving the Chinese too many pretexts and excuses for aggression. The Thai generally act smarter in diplomacy.

The Chinese attacked Vietnam killing our people destroying our country because we retaliated against Cambodia aggression. In contrast the Chinese did not lift a finger when Thailand attacked Cambodia and even annexed the country.
How can Thai would be Chinese target when they could not defeat Myanmar, In South East Asia, You cant ignore the role of Myanmar, their history book is thick same as our. Your comparison make people think we envy with Thai while we almost dont care Thai . We have thing to proud, dont need to compare to anyone, If we want to compare with someone, Im sure Thai in the end list

How can Thai would be Chinese target when they could not defeat Myanmar, In South East Asia, You cant ignore the role of Myanmar, their history book is thick same as our. Your comparison make people think we envy with Thai while we almost dont care Thai . We have thing to proud, dont need to compare to anyone, If we want to compare with someone, Im sure Thai in the end list
Thai army sucks but they are smart in diplomacy. They are the only one country that successful avoided colonialism. No offense but the Siamese are shameless having no pride. They cooperate with everybody that brings benefits. They change friends and enemies like other people changing underwear. Sometimes I think We should learn from them, their way of dealing with crisis.

Look, when they heard we conquered Champa making the populace to slaves, the Siamese were quick to send envoy to Vietnam to voluntarily surrender. Why? They wanted to avoid a Vietnamese invasion, knowing they had no chance in an encounter with Vietnamese army.

Have you ever been to Thailand? Chinese and Thai people are a perfect pair.

Thai army sucks but they are smart in diplomacy. They are the only one country that successful avoided colonialism. No offense but the Siamese are shameless having no pride. They cooperate with everybody that brings benefits. They change friends and enemies like other people changing underwear. Sometimes I think We should learn from them, their way of dealing with crisis.

Look, when they heard we conquered Champa making the populace to slaves, the Siamese were quick to send envoy to Vietnam to voluntarily surrender. Why? They wanted to avoid a Vietnamese invasion, knowing they had no chance in an encounter with Vietnamese army.

Have you ever been to Thailand? Chinese and Thai people are a perfect pair.
Thai history before WW2 is not bad, they lived and fought between two giant empire Khmer and Myanmar. They can live and develop like nowadays, Actually their soldiers tradition are good but their habit from WW2 make them badly now. No. I never have been to Thai. Only in Vietnam, foreigners are dangerous :)) In VN, you only can be died by traffic. when I was child people always said if im not good, i will be sold to China, hi

Thai history before WW2 is not bad, they lived and fought between two giant empire Khmer and Myanmar. They can live and develop like nowadays, Actually their soldiers tradition are good but their habit from WW2 make them badly now. No. I never have been to Thai. Only in Vietnam, foreigners are dangerous :)) In VN, you only can be died by traffic. when I was child people always said if im not good, i will be sold to China, hi
Traffic in VN is not for weaklings.

I tend to say Chinese clown but calling the Siamese as clown is an understatement. Anyway, personally I have nothing against the Thai. They eat food by chopstick like our people, so that's ok we should be friends. Sis You are told will be sold to China if you are bad? Really? Ha ha ha ...That is harsh. In the western world the kids are told to be kidnapped by black men if they don't behave.

Seriously, the army needs more money more modern tanks, warships and airplanes.

Islands in midst of ocean as launch pad for ICBM.

Two new domestic made corvettes enter service. Vietnam needs more. A lot more.

IMG_3803.JPG
IMG_3804.JPG
IMG_3805.JPG
IMG_3806.JPG
IMG_3807.JPG
IMG_3808.JPG
IMG_3809.JPG
IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3812.JPG
IMG_3813.JPG
IMG_3814.JPG
IMG_3815.JPG

Traffic in VN is not for weaklings.

I tend to say Chinese clown but calling the Siamese as clown is an understatement. Anyway, personally I have nothing against the Thai. They eat food by chopstick like our people, so that's ok we should be friends. Sis You are told will be sold to China if you are bad? Really? Ha ha ha ...That is harsh. In the western world the kids are told to be kidnapped by black men if they don't behave.

Seriously, the army needs more money more modern tanks, warships and airplanes.

Islands in midst of ocean as launch pad for ICBM.

Two new domestic made corvettes enter service. Vietnam needs more. A lot more.

View attachment 430331 View attachment 430332 View attachment 430333 View attachment 430334 View attachment 430335 View attachment 430336 View attachment 430337 View attachment 430338

View attachment 430341 View attachment 430342 View attachment 430343 View attachment 430344

What Vietnam needs is less corruption, everything is corrupted, including the military. Its a cancer.

1.5 million usd to buy a post at the national assembly. How about that? And when the news come out, the judge tries to hide it. So much for anti corruption campaign.

Thai army sucks but they are smart in diplomacy. They are the only one country that successful avoided colonialism. No offense but the Siamese are shameless having no pride. They cooperate with everybody that brings benefits. They change friends and enemies like other people changing underwear.

Totally correct.

They don't even have any problem with the fact that they are the whorehouse of the world. If it bring money, no problem. National pride and reputation are non issues.

What Vietnam needs is less corruption, everything is corrupted, including the military. Its a cancer.

1.5 million usd to buy a post at the national assembly. How about that? And when the news come out, the judge tries to hide it. So much for anti corruption campaign.

Totally correct.

They don't even have any problem with the fact that they are the whorehouse of the world. If it bring money, no problem. National pride and reputation are non issues.
I don't believe this such campaign, almost It wants to eliminate the opposite to get more locations for themselves.

I don't believe this such campaign, almost It wants to eliminate the opposite to get more locations for themselves.

Yes, I know, the VCP secretary is getting rid of former PM Dung's allies.

Corruption is a big cancer no doubt, VN will never progress if corruption persists. I wonder how someone has $1.5 million left to buy a seat at the parliament? With that amount I can buy a nice apartment in Germany ha ha ha.

Sharpshooter

IMG_3819.JPG
IMG_3818.JPG

Back
Top Bottom