What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Ur riffle use 5.56x45 mm NATO ?? I think u should change all to 7.62 caliber coz 5.56 is ineffective. VN war prove that. AK with 7.62 caliber is superior in jungle warfare coz it can kill enemy even behind the big tree when 5.56 can not

not really, SS-1 with their 5,56 caliber is quite battle proven here and our terrain is not all predominated by jungle alone. In Indonesia accuracy and stopping power is all matters

The article says Israel not only helps to modernize the tanks (Russian-made T-55 and Chinese variant T-59), but also since year 2000 delivers Vietnam a number of weapon technologies, including missiles, artillery munitions and digital bombs. the deal of Gaglil assault rifles can be the breakthrough for Israel in Vietnam.
Interesting, is it guided artillery shells?

It may come from the stocks that the USA provide for Israel. They give their ally so many that they can even sell it.

(Google) -U.S. Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis (2006 war against Hezbollah)
-Israel Asks U.S. to Ship Rockets With Wide Blast
-US to renew Israel munitions stock to make up for Gaza war

BTW, i've never heard of digital bombs

Interesting, is it guided artillery shells?

It may come from the stocks that the USA provide for Israel. They give their ally so many that they can even sell it.

(Google) -U.S. Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis (2006 war against Hezbollah)
-Israel Asks U.S. to Ship Rockets With Wide Blast
-US to renew Israel munitions stock to make up for Gaza war

BTW, i've never heard of digital bombs
I just translated from the article which is in German. Digital bombs could mean laser guided bombs.

Air Platforms
Singapore Airshow: Vietnam in talks over Camcopter S-100 purchase
James Hardy, Singapore - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
10 February 2014

Camcopter_-_main.jpg

Vietnam is in talks to buy the Camcopter S-100, seen here undertaking maritime trials off France's Ile du Levant in 2010. Source: Schiebel

Schiebel is in talks with the Vietnam People's Navy (VPN) to supply its Camcopter S-100 rotary-wing unmanned aerial vehicle, company officials confirmed at the Singapore Airshow.

Andrew Byrne, regional sales director for Asia-Pacific at the Austrian firm, told IHS Jane's that the company had briefed Vietnam about the S-100 and was planning to hold a multinational demonstration of the system's capabilities in the region later in 2014.

"Every southeast Asian country is informed" of the S-100, Byrne said, adding that as well as Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam had shown interest in the platform. Australia and New Zealand were also examining the system, with the latter's navy taking part in a demonstration for New Zealand power company Transpower in September 2013.

If purchased by Vietnam, the S-100 would be deployed from the VPN's two new Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) Sigma-class (Type 9814) corvettes, Byrne said. DSNS said in August 2013 that it had agreed to sell the ships to Vietnam: the second sale of the ship to the region following a previous contract with Indonesia.

Byrne added that Schiebel was in discussions with the Dutch shipbuilder about integration of the Camcopter's systems aboard the two corvettes during the manufacturing process.

The S-100 on display at Singapore was fitted with the L-3 Wescam MX-10 EO sensor, an unidentified SIGINT sensor and the Selex ES PicoSAR AESA surveillance radar. Byrne described the S-100 as having a 200 km operational radius, within which the sensor range was 40 km at an altitude of 2,000 m. It is also fitted with a C-band datalink.

An S-200, which Byrne described as being about "three times the size of the S-100", has been designed but a demonstrator has yet to be built, he said.

Last edited:
Actually i think Ace is a great gun in term of price and reliability
But i think it's more expensive than the price they have given for Vietnam

It's for political reasons that they have sold it so cheap.

And it fires higher caliber than hk416, but the HK416 is also reliable and is more efficient and probably more accurate
your assumption is correct. Israel wants to increase the foot print in Asia, especially in Vietnam. Selling the rifles at cheap price, and hoping to sell more expensive things in the future. an usual marketing strategy.

Singapore Airshow 2014: Israel seeks more Asian defence industry collaboration - IHS Jane's 360
"Our first objective is to integrate Israel's military technologies into our national security plan, meaning that we use these technologies to create partnerships with countries that we think we need to be affiliated with or partnered with," said the official.

Actually i don't think money is the first motivation, as they have all the weapons they need from USA and they have the unconditionnal support too, wich means a lot of things, starting with billions of help each year.

Actually i don't think money is the first motivation, as they have all the weapons they need from USA and they have the unconditionnal support too, wich means a lot of things, starting with billions of help each year.
I think US politicians wanna support VN weapons to counter China, but they can not bcz base on their laws, they r not allowed to sell lethal weapons to 'unfriendly' country like VN, so US indirectly sell to VN throught Israel :)

marking 20 years of normalisation betwen US and Vietnam in Washington

Ky%20niem.jpg

Kilo sub HQ-183 Ho Chi Minh on the way to Vietnam
tug boats and an icebreaker break the ice. The submarine began leaving St Petersburg to Kaliningrad on January 17 on harsh weather conditions.

t%204.jpg

t%203.jpg

t%202.jpg

t%201.jpg

Senior Lieutenant General Ty, chief of the General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army, at defence meeting summit with Indonesian Military Commander General Moeldoko, Hanoi, February 12-15.

indonesia1.jpg.ashx

Back
Top Bottom