What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Even if Vietnam is poor, it is a much more advanced country than other poor countries like Philippines or India.
come on man, I'm no fan of Vietnam, but to compare Vietnam that has a military to one that use fishing boats as navy and trainer air crafts as air force is a joke.

@Viet

dude I saw those pictures, you guys got to get into the 21st century, those uniforms are soviet. Vietnam is trying to become a manufacturing powerhouse anyways, why not switch uniforms to a more modern one.

The fact Vietnamese more or less looks East Asian means you represent all of us, if you look bad, we all look bad.

U mean like this?
CwNqhBu.jpg

1474399_438055026317463_1901869601_n.jpg

Sorry, but still look like an old style for me
26.gif

at least get the new camo and vest armor, like this

Indonesian Paratroopers Division

terjun.jpg

021712pod02_J.jpg

tni1.jpg

8055876478_c61ca6ac8b_c.jpg

8055891434_56489686bd_c.jpg
nice dress and military devices

come on man, I'm no fan of Vietnam, but to compare Vietnam that has a military to one that use fishing boats as navy and trainer air crafts as air force is a joke.

@Viet

dude I saw those pictures, you guys got to get into the 21st century, those uniforms are soviet. Vietnam is trying to become a manufacturing powerhouse anyways, why not switch uniforms to a more modern one.

The fact Vietnamese more or less looks East Asian means you represent all of us, if you look bad, we all look bad.
ha ha ha...I know you are not a fan of Vietnam. Your dream is to conquer Vietnam and the entire SE Asia.
I don´t get it why China looks bad if Vietnam looks bad?

You should feel happy that our army is ill-equipped.

Last edited:
ha ha ha...I know you are not a fan of Vietnam. Your dream is to conquer Vietnam and the entire SE Asia.
I don´t get it why China looks bad if Vietnam looks bad?

You should feel happy that our army is ill-equipped.

How well Vietnam is equipped is not relevant, just like the US VS UK, the difference is there, regardless of how hard the UK tries. Same deal here, except more so.

Plus I don't want to conquer any nation, seems pointless, but I do want to kick the US out, head a few organizations made up of Asian nations, that's all. China has no plan of incorporating nations into China, that's a fools errand and everybody knows.

I know communist, these are crazy fanatics that wouldn't give up under any circumstance, are you forgetting I'm Chinese? You can't fool me like you could the Americans. Yea, come to Vietnam it'll be a short and fun war, yea right, if we stay we'll be bogged down forever, until we leave.

Vietnamese looks like east asian, the difference is not huge, if even one of us looks bad, we all get a bad image. One bad photo and it's bad press for all.

How well Vietnam is equipped is not relevant, just like the US VS UK, the difference is there, regardless of how hard the UK tries. Same deal here, except more so.

Plus I don't want to conquer any nation, seems pointless, but I do want to kick the US out, head a few organizations made up of Asian nations, that's all. China has no plan of incorporating nations into China, that's a fools errand and everybody knows.

I know communist, these are crazy fanatics that wouldn't give up under any circumstance, are you forgetting I'm Chinese? You can't fool me like you could the Americans. Yea, come to Vietnam it'll be a short and fun war, yea right, if we stay we'll be bogged down forever, until we leave.

Vietnamese looks like east asian, the difference is not huge, if even one of us looks bad, we all get a bad image. One bad photo and it's bad press for all.
he he he...you are Chinese, then you should know the old saying: a good man does not become a soldier.

Vietnam embraces this culture. Generally the Viets dislike militarism. You rarely see military parade on the street in Vietnam, despite we have many reasons for celebrations as the numerous victories over our enemies show. Apart of times of wars, the army plays only a minor role in public life. It is a mentality.

As for bad image, the world knows Vietnam has one of the best armies in the world. Rest assured, in times of wars, we know how to quickly get modern weapons. For instance, during the America-Vietnam war in the 1960s, the MIG pilots of North Vietnam scored more air victories than the US pilots in dog fights.

Sure, you are right. Vietnamese army looks poor equipped and needs to step up urgently the modernization. The region is very unstable today, with disputes perhaps going out of control soon.

Sorry, but still look like an old style for me
26.gif

at least get the new camo and vest armor, like this

Indonesian Paratroopers Division

8055876478_c61ca6ac8b_c.jpg
Nice gears, bro.
But "at least ..." LOL. What do you mean with that !?
We're still choosing our new standard assault rifle, test our new digital camo ...
Our top priority is modernization Air force, anti-air and Navy.

he he he...you are Chinese, then you should know the old saying: a good man does not become a soldier.

Vietnam embraces this culture. Generally the Viets dislike militarism. You rarely see military parade on the street in Vietnam, despite we have many reasons for celebrations as the numerous victories over our enemies show. Apart of times of wars, the army plays only a minor role in public life. It is a mentality.

As for bad image, the world knows Vietnam has one of the best armies in the world. Rest assured, in times of wars, we know how to quickly get modern weapons. For instance, during the America-Vietnam war in the 1960s, the MIG pilots of North Vietnam scored more air victories than the US pilots in dog fights.

Sure, you are right. Vietnamese army looks poor equipped and needs to step up urgently the modernization. The region is very unstable today, with disputes perhaps going out of control soon.

Times have changed, a soldier is a career. A good one too. The saying back then is because of constant wars and going into the army pretty much death.

As to militarism, Chinese parade only happens on major events, which is once a couple years, and the big one is about once a decade.

The army plays no role in Chinese government, it can no more topple the government than doctors. Especially today when all the officers and about a little less than half of soldiers are university graduates.

As to pass glories, China can boost those too, in Korean war, we used a old WW1 plane that somehow shot down a jet. But that's just that past glory. Ethiopia defeated Italy in WW1, in WW2, Italy brushed them aside like bread crumbs. Don't confuse past glory with present situation, for as many heroes you have we have, we are both communist, Ho Chi Minh was once part of Chinese communist party, before he returned to Vietnam.

As for unstable region, you army won't help what will help is diplomacy, but as I said I would rather invade Japan and America than Vietnam, invading a communist country is a bad idea. it'll never work. I believe we can easily brush your army aside, but the real war starts after the battles.

F-15 is way too expensive and the cost does not justify it. The Korean bought 60 of those at $120 million/piece is outright robbery. Viet Nam is better off with one battalion of S-300 with 6 launchers for $120 million or 1 su-35 and 1 su-30 for $120 million than 1 F-15 for $120 million

F-15 is way too expensive and the cost does not justify it. The Korean bought 60 of those at $120 million/piece is outright robbery. Viet Nam is better off with one battalion of S-300 with 6 launchers for $120 million or 1 su-35 and 1 su-30 for $120 million than 1 F-15 for $120 million

Dude F-35 is 120 million, without weapon systems. There's no way F-15 is that much, the Silent eagle maybe.

Besides, S-300 is getting phased out, with the new stealth fighters, the strategy is to destroy all anti air batteries and then comes the 4th gen fighters and bombers.

So anti air may not be the investment you think it is.

Back
Top Bottom