What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

I wonder what is the curious interest of Israel to give you cheap rifle and give you jobs
cheap? $170m is only the cost for the license. The new weapons fabric is owned by the Vietnamese army. Israel delivers the technology.
Aks don't have this? Is this more or less reliable than aks?
well, I think Vietnam had carefully tested both rifle variants from Russia and Israel before opting for Galil. here is a pic showing a fire training with Galil sniper rifle and Negev machine gun. Israel has a very sophisticated defence industry. Hopefully more to come from them in the future.

Vietnam is too much dependent on Russia.

IWI_Israeli_Galil_sniper_rifle_Negev_machine_gun_in_the_Vietnamese_army_640_001.jpg

I wonder what is the curious interest of Israel to give you cheap rifle and give you jobs

@500

Must be compared with technical specs and the results of field tests between both of the rifles, can't just say mine is more ergonomic than yours and so on.

Not only price, ACE is more ergonomic and adaptable:

- left side charging handle
- ambidextrous controls
- integral Picatinny rails
- adjustable telescoping buttstocks
- comfortable pistol grips

Israeli_Gali_ACE_31_and_ACE_32_assault_rifles_to_replace_Russian_AK-47_in_the_Vietnamese_Army_640_001.jpg
yes, and it looks more modern than the AK.

I thinks bcz Washington obstruct Israeli high-tech exports to China, so Israel need a new market and VN is the good choice . VN also need high-tech weapons with cheap price, thats the win-win deal :tup:
Fukuoka said:
Bcz VN weather is wet with the high humidity level, so VNese still think AKs is the better choice coz Galil only be tested mostly in dry weather.

But Galil's price is good, and we still can buy next-gen Russia riffle if they offer a much better price :P

One of the reasons is about different production technology: AK uses metal stamping and Galil - milling. Milling is cheaper with modern programmed tools.

Aks don't have this?
- left side charging handle
- ambidextrous controls
- adjustable telescoping buttstocks

These three AK does not have. Rest in some versions.

Is this more or less reliable than aks?
Galil ACE uses AK mechanism, so reliability is exactly the same.

Bcz VN weather is wet with the high humidity level, so VNese still think AKs is the better choice coz Galil only be tested mostly in dry weather.
Israel has very high humidity level. 80% is typical here.

@500

Must be compared with technical specs and the results of field tests between both of the rifles, can't just say mine is more ergonomic than yours and so on.
I am not just "saying", I am bringing facts, like left side charging handle. If you dont understand what does that mean, its your problem.

Last edited:
I thinks bcz Washington obstruct Israeli high-tech exports to China, so Israel need a new market and VN is the good choice . VN also need high-tech weapons with cheap price, thats the win-win deal :tup:

But Galil's price is good, and we still can buy next-gen Russia riffle if they offer a much better price :P
Great deal indeed, i hope the israelis will sell you also heavier weapons like missiles as the russians do

Great choice also the 7.62 caliber for a such light rifle, i wonder why China still use 5.56 caliber

don't know, Galil ACE is not that great when compared and pitted against other modern assault rifles, such as HK 416 and G-36. They've lost against HK 416 in our competition to supply the most reliable modern assault rifles to our Kopassus SF and Rider battalions.

don't know, Galil ACE is not that great when compared and pitted against other modern assault rifles, such as HK 416 and G-36. They've lost against HK 416 in our competition to supply the most reliable modern assault rifles to our Kopassus SF and Rider battalions.
1) ACE is not a new rifle, its modified AK.
2) In terms of reliability ACE is better than HK 416 and G-36, simply because nothing can beat AK here.
3) In terms of ergonomics and modularity ACE is worse than new guns like HK416 and G-36 but much better than standard AK and better than AK-103.

Actually i think Ace is a great gun in term of price and reliability
But i think it's more expensive than the price they have given for Vietnam

It's for political reasons that they have sold it so cheap

And it fires higher caliber than hk416, but the HK416 is also reliable and is more efficient and probably more accurate

what is standard rifle of Indonesian army? and can you produce them domestically?

Great deal indeed, i hope the israelis will sell you also heavier weapons like missiles as the russians do
Vietnam has about 1,000 tanks, most of them are old, many of types T-54/55. Since more 1 year or so Israel is doing some upgrades on T-55 tanks. it would be nice, if Isreal does more in other fields, especially for the navy.

Vietnamese armed forces modernize its fleet of main battle tanks T-55 to standard T 54/55M3 2503124 - Army Recognition

T-54_T-55M3_main_battle_tank_Vietnam_Vietnamese_army_640_001.jpg

Last edited:
I like the modular armor, i wonder why Russia use ERA that looks not very efficient

what is standard rifle of Indonesian army? and can you produce them domestically?

SS-1 and SS-2 assault rifles

For SS-1 based on FN-FNC has been produced by PT PINDAD and adopted by Indonesian Armed Forces since 1986
SS1-V1.jpg

For SS-2, developed indigenously by PT PINDAD and has been chosen as a replacement for SS-1 since 2006, right now almost all regular infantry and combat unit using SS-2 and her derivatives variants

ss2ngaa.jpg

Bulp-up variant of SS-2

bulpup1copy.jpg

Para variant of SS-2

SS-2-Pindad-520x390.jpg

SS-2 V5

ss2v5commando1.jpg

I think we need from Russia more modern submarines and frigates, not rifles.

your assumption about America obstructs Israel hitec export to China seems correct. here is a report of voice of Russia confirming it.

America demands Israel to stop delivering of modern weapons and military cooperation with China. So Israel has to look elsewhere to sell, and found the new customer Vietnam. Interesting, the US still holds arms embargo on Vietnam, but allows Israel to help modernizing the Vietnamese army.

The article says Israel not only helps to modernize the tanks (Russian-made T-55 and Chinese variant T-59), but also since year 2000 delivers Vietnam a number of weapon technologies, including missiles, artillery munitions and digital bombs. the deal of Gaglil assault rifles can be the breakthrough for Israel in Vietnam.

Nach US-Tabu für Chinas Waffenmarkt: Israel versucht sein Glück in Vietnam - Nachrichten - Politik - Stimme Russlands

SS-1 and SS-2 assault rifles

For SS-1 based on FN-FNC has been produced by PT PINDAD and adopted by Indonesian Armed Forces since 1986
SS1-V1.jpg

For SS-2, developed indigenously by PT PINDAD and has been chosen as a replacement for SS-1 since 2006, right now almost all regular infantry and combat unit using SS-2 and her derivatives variants

ss2ngaa.jpg

Bulp-up variant of SS-2

bulpup1copy.jpg

Para variant of SS-2

SS-2-Pindad-520x390.jpg

SS-2 V5

ss2v5commando1.jpg
Ur riffle use 5.56x45 mm NATO ?? I think u should change all to 7.62 caliber coz 5.56 is ineffective. VN war prove that. AK with 7.62 caliber is superior in jungle warfare coz it can kill enemy even behind the big tree when 5.56 can not

Back
Top Bottom