What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

A lot of Cali Viets also said that about the arms embargo..........before the Obama admin lifted it.

Yup, can't give the right weapon to the wrong person when that person doesn't represent the country but himself.

In case you guys wonder, the lifting of arms embargo means Vietnam can buy weapons from US allies, not just the US themselves.

Long before this lift, Israel has sold several modern weapon systems to Vietnam. Excluding the similarity and close relation between two countries, I doubt the US would let it slip under their noses.

Alot of Caliviet also said the US won’t lift the arms embargo....but the Obama admin did.

Lifting ban is only the first step. Selling the weapon is another. Americans aren't that naive. Of course, they learnt it the hard way with the middle eastern countries. Americans are in for their best interest.

Last edited:
Its seem you still like to show off to people when you dont know anything eh ? RC toy ? Oh you happen to be on the development board of HS-6L or director of some UAV manufacturing companies ? If so let me ask you about the wing span of the MQ-9. Can you provide some comparison between the wingspan of the VN UAV wingspan and the MQ-9 Reaper ? You seem quite passionate about the wingspan since you use it to decide which is a RC toy right ? Just for your "ultra limited" brain, HS-6L has the wingspan, or sải cánh in Vietnamese, of 22 meters. The MQ-9 UAV only got 20 meters. You can google all of this on the Internet but no, you gotta show off something just for the heck of it. Or we commonly call "ném shit hội nghị". Or if you prefer, we will go deeper and see what are the criteria for you to decide if a machine is a RC toy and not a UAV. Hope its wont turn out like the silly crap you have about the Thailand Armed Forces.

A bit of international news, Philippine president has done it again. President Obama has cancel a meeting with him because Duterte has directly insult his counterpart right before it. I gotta say 1 thing: Is this guy high or something ?

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/09/05/world/asia/ap-as-obama.html?_r=0
Mate, it's not about 22 meters or 20 meters. The thing is that the "uav" shown in the pic and the claimed 22 meters thrown out by your political commissar looks like a 5-meter wingspan to be more realistic.

Now look at the front wheel and the two back wheels and count how many pieces of floor tiles in between them? About 5 pieces of floor tiles. One floor tile is about 1 feet so from the front wheel to the back wheels of the uav is 5 feet; if we give it 3 feet from the back wheels to the end of the tail another 3 feet than the length of the uav from the front wheel to the tail is about 8 feet.

Now let's say that the wing span is twice the length of the uav then then wing span is 16 feet in all. 16 feet is even less than 5 meters my friend; not the b.s claim of 22 meters (or 72 feet). Is there any 5-meter wing span "uav" out there that flies that far, fast, and high like the uav in the pic that vn claims? LOL

In case you guys wonder, the lifting of arms embargo means Vietnam can buy weapons from US allies, not just the US themselves.

Long before this lift, Israel has sold several modern weapon systems to Vietnam. Excluding the similarity and close relation between two countries, I doubt the US would let it slip under their noses.

Its news to me that USA would care for human rights if their geopolitical / commercial interest goes in the opposite direction and there are dozens of cases to prove it including the strong support for dozens of bloody dictators like Suharto in Indonesia, etc, etc and lets no even talk about the middle east and the human rights in Saudi Arabia and the other wahabi lookalikes or supporting and arming so called "moderate" beheaders in Syria.

Compared to Saudi Arabia, Vietnam is a human rights paradise, but I don't see restrictions in arm sales to Saudi Arabia.

22 meters wingspan
I can tell that is an impossibility if you look closely at the uav in the pic

Alot of Caliviet also said the US won’t lift the arms embargo....but the Obama admin did.
Lifting is one thing; what type of weapons the U.S sells is another. What kind of export version the U.S sells to Vietnam is another consideration; is the export version a super downgraded version, lightly downgraded, or closely resemble the domestic version? Just look at the F-35 EXPORT versions, not all American's allies are getting the same; the U.K and Australia get the best version that closely resemble the domestic version of the U.S, while the rest get lesser advanced version than the British and Australian.

As for Vietnam, the U.S can't risk giving away technologies that Vietnam can give it right back to china for inspection. Can't trust a swinger to be more blunt.

Its news to me that USA would care for human rights if their geopolitical / commercial interest goes in the opposite direction and there are dozens of cases to prove it including the strong support for dozens of bloody dictators like Suharto in Indonesia, etc, etc and lets no even talk about the middle east and the human rights in Saudi Arabia and the other wahabi lookalikes or supporting and arming so called "moderate" beheaders in Syria.

Compared to Saudi Arabia, Vietnam is a human rights paradise, but I don't see restrictions in arm sales to Saudi Arabia.
that tells u the u.s trust the bloody arab terrorists than trusting a swinger like vietnam who can give away u.s tech to china n russia for inspection. Vn has no one to blame except itself for not having a firm stand International politics

Is there was any chance of USA stopping the chinese from doing land reclamation in Scarborough Shoal, Duterte Harry just blew it big time. Now the chinese will do it for sure.

Another one in the long list of PH screw ups.

Do the Philippines have the defence pact with US like SK, Japan and Australia hold ? If not, then why blaming US? US not legally bound to protect Philippines.

If Philippines want to live in cookoo land, thats there problem. Not of US or Japan or of Australia.

Time will tell, but I doubt the US military-industry would pass a multi billions dollar market.

And clearly our butthurt RVN boy (you know who) haven't heard of scale model. That's why our boy is trying to bite things he knows nothing about. Keep licking your master's *** and hoping he'll give you some airsoft guns for "parade", while we enjoy our indigenous weapon systems =))

Do the Philippines have the defence pact with US like SK, Japan and Australia hold with US? If not, then why blaming US? US not legally bound to protect Philippines.

If Philippines want to live in cookoo land, thats there problem. Not of US or Japan or of Australia.
They have a mutual defense treaty since 1952 or 1953. But as far as I remember, it only covers the mainlands and excludes any islands and reefs in SCS.

Is there was any chance of USA stopping the chinese from doing land reclamation in Scarborough Shoal, Duterte Harry just blew it big time. Now the chinese will do it for sure.

Another one in the long list of PH screw ups.

And frankly speaking, nobody give a shit about Philippines. Maybe in ASEAN or South Korea.
In geopolitics of Russia, India, Japan and Australia , Philippines not even in dictionary.

For sake of argument, If the China done so this with Vietnam. I can tell you situation would be pretty different, actually totally different.

They have a mutual defense treaty since 1952 or 1953. But as far as I remember, it only covers the mainlands and excludes any islands and reefs in SCS.

I can tell you that was only limited to counter terrorism,

About Coalition of Willing, Philippines (even after signing 2014 agreement) still not reached the level of interoperability and joint combat missions.

And frankly speaking, nobody give a shit about Philippines. Maybe in ASEAN or South Korea.
In geopolitics of Russia, India, Japan and Australia , Philippines not even in dictionary.

For sake of argument, If the China done so this with Vietnam. I can tell you situation would be pretty different, actually totally different.

I can tell you that was only limited to counter terrorism,

About Coalition of Willing, Philippines (even after signing 2014 agreement) still not reached the level of interoperability and joint combat missions.
That's not surprising, given that the Philippines Armed Forces are only capable of fighting the rebels and they couldn't even do a decent job with that task. But well, Philippines is the idol for some Vietnamese people as they always have a big mouth toward China, instead of subtly and silently confronting the Chinese vessels on the SCS.

Anyway, during the visit to Vietnam of president Hollande, no military agreement was publicized. However, he reportedly mentioned about the "FREMM" multi-purpose frigate, not sure how it would materialize in the future though.

Back
Top Bottom