What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

the Battle of Tsushima (1905)

On February 8 1904, the bilateral relation between Japan and Russia began to deteriorate, following the Russian rejection of a Japanese plan to divide Manchuria and Korea into spheres of influence. a physical confrontation became unavoidable. and the Cam Ranh played a tragic part of the decisive battle. When the combined russian fleet after a long voyage anchored at the Cam ranh bay, seeking to refuel, loading food and water, the vessels were only allowed to stay for a short period by the French authority. the morale of Russian sailors sunk to new low. hungry and tired, the Russian warships headed into the battle. into a disaster.

Russian battleship Oslyabya

800px-Oslyabya1903Bizerte.jpg

long voyage for the fleet before stopping at the Cam ranh bay

2379869_orig.jpg

6050380_orig.png

March 31,1905. Arrival of Russian warships in the Cam ranh bay

upload_2016-7-1_14-43-22.png

Departing of Japanese warships for Tsushima Strait

may-27-battle-of-tsushima-strait.jpg

Japanese_Fleet_Proceeding_Toward_The_Baltic_Fleet.jpg

the battle that decides empires.

ru_osliabya_tsushima_grande.jpg

Last edited:
So the Hai Duong Thermal Power Plant Project is not helping development? That is just an example.
With the food safety, this happened also in China and elsewhere; it's nothing but opportunist, don't use one example to punish the many hardworking.

You need arms to nation build. I've been over this.

Vietnam has a science program running - only in 2014 when the economy was picking up, it really started to fund science, though the fund is too small. If you don't know home grown scientist from Vietnam win awards here
here. Also VCP developed the Ta Quang Buu Awards for scientist. Vietnamese students do very well, they publish research and findings into international sites.

OK sure your right, so investors poor money into countries where a coup may take place because of weak paranoid Government :hitwall:. What you say is true, no foreign country would invest in Vietnam. At least you know I'm not in business or investing and maybe a gangster.

Good for you but I've never heard of you or your quotes.

Maybe you are right about VCP here, but it's the only governance Vietnam has, you want to usurp power - you have to go through a transition of civil war how long that last is dependent on how fast foreign powers can take over the country.

So a PHD will take care of R&D:o:. So no infrastructure, materials, finance - I'm building suspicion of you.
Be keeping with context please, we was talking about planes and tanks.
I'm not mad at you dude, don't be mad at me we both want whats best for Vietnam :cheers:

Haha I'm not mad. But you really don't read between the lines. I don't think you understand it at all. Let me simplify my point. When you have clowns running a country, the results are jokes. It's not easy man. Everything takes time. You need smart, creative, innovative people to build a smart,create, innovative country. This is why it is important for the government to let the people lead innovation and businesses. USA is a perfect example (they aren't prefect either but they are doing a hell lot better than anyone in the world).

Regardless, you need smart, intelligent people to do R&D. Sure, you can hire monkeys to run R&D, the results would be banana peels. Obviously, you need good leadership for that to happen. The monkeys working for VCP aren't the right people/leaders. They eat bananas and throw the peels at people that are smarter than them. These guys are old and outdated and have no education so when they see a smart person, they get paranoid and threatened. The solution for them is to purchase second hand weapons for defense. Because they just don't understand how technology and manufacturing works. So they don't know how to layout the structure. They get fked in the ars trying to hire people to do what they are incompetent. But that's where they get screwed because they just don't know the structure. lol

Anyways, you need real life experience to understand what I'm talking about.

VCP is a joke. People on here from Vietnam would never get it because they have never live or exposed to US's culture. They have no clue about US's history and WWII. Communist education system teaching history are corrupted and biased about the west. My only hope for Vietnam is to elect younger generation with higher level of education so they can better defend the country. Not these old clowns.

India firming up military ties with Vietnam
By Manu Pubby, ET Bureau | Jul 02, 2016, 01.09 AM IST

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ry-ties-with-vietnam/articleshow/53014998.cms

NEW DELHI: India is firming up several military contracts with Vietnam— with progress on at least two major naval projects — weeks ahead of a crucial verdict in the Hague on Beijing's territorial claims in the South China Sea.

Besides renewed discussions on the Brahmos missile system — a versatile missile that can operate both as a ship killer and a shoreattack weapon — two projects that will add more firepower to Vietnam People's Navy are now in the final stages.

India is set to assist Vietnam in weaponising two of its Petya class frigates for an anti-submarine role. The frigates, which were procured from Russia, have been operating with reduced capabilities and Vietnam is keen to get them modernised to meet the challenging requirements its navy faces in the region.

Sources have told ET that the package to upgrade the ships would include a new sonar system , torpedo launchers, a fire control system and a new antisubmarine rocket launcher system. While Vietnam has a total of five Petya class frigates, the initial order is to upgrade two and a larger contract may come up at a later stage. The initial contract is expected to be close to Rs 200 crore.

Vietnam is also set to get at least 10 new patrol boats from India under the line of credit route. Sources said that a contract for at least 10 new interceptor craft to be built by L&T is in the pipeline and is expected to be finalised shortly.

The interceptor craft, a version of which is also being used by the Indian Coast Guard, are designed to meet coastal surveillance and security requirements. The contract, valued at around Rs 600 crore, could be inked within the next three months.

Besides, India and Vietnam have had 'fruitful' discussions on the possible sale of high-speed heavy weight torpedo 'Varunastra', which has recently been inducted into the Indian Navy as well. India is seeking to export the torpedo — designed for both anti-submarine and surface ships operations — and Vietnam is a lead contender.

Senior defence ministry officials told ET that the 'Varunastra' was discussed at length during the visit of defence minister Manohar Parrikarto Vietnam in June. "They are certainly interested in the torpedo. In the recent visit they showed interest in acquiring it as they have a large demand for such torpedoes. Now that it has been inducted into the Indian Navy, we will take this forward," a senior defence ministry official who was part of the Indian delegation told ET.

Roscosmos to expand cooperation with Vietnam
June 29, 2016 Alexander Korablinov, RBTH
MoU signed with the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.

indiaspace.png

The memorandum calls for expanding cooperation in outer space exploration. Source: Roscosmos

The Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.

The MoU calls for expanding cooperation in outer space exploration, satellite positioning and satellite launch services, and research, Roscosmos said in a press release on June 28.

Roscosmos and the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology will set up a joint group on outer space cooperation to implement joint projects.

23 September 1966

America deployed the first of M105 (175mm) artillery battalions, heading to Da Nang following the escalation of the Vietnam war.

Reactivation06.jpg

train02.jpg

Day104.jpg

175%20training%204.jpg

Day106.jpg

800px-M107_Firing_Vietnam_2.jpg

jims%20gun%204.jpg

and the big brother M110 and M115 howitzer (203mm) capable firing nuclear weapons. in the end phase of the wars, the French and the United States were considering nuclear weapons to avoid the defeats. Luckily it never came.

US_Nuclear_Artillery.jpg

Last edited:
the Navy seriously needs to increase the number of surface warships. with real big warships as frigate or destroyer. the current 5 Petya class light frigates are pretty old. very OLD. built in the USSR in the 1960s. from design to weaponry aboard., the ships won´t survive any sea modern battle today. the news India offers to upgrade the Petya is even from last year.

http://www.janes.com/article/55748/bharat-larsen-toubro-make-joint-bid-for-vietnam-s-frigate-upgrade

Petya_Andreas+Sporri_3.jpg

Petya_Andreas+Sporri.jpg

suc-manh-kinh-ngac-cua-doi-tau-san-ngam-viet-nam_131040358.jpg

Petya_1.jpg

Petya_4.jpg

Petya_8.jpg

Petya_10.jpg

Petya_11.jpg

I was thinking the same thing, I'm not sure is worth it to upgrade such an old ship when they can buy new ships from India quite cheap.

M10
I was thinking the same thing, I'm not sure is worth it to upgrade such an old ship when they can buy new ships from India quite cheap.
It is more reasonable to buy or build modern warships than upgrading the Petya. If cheap we can buy from India why not. But if upgrade necessary why can't we do ourselves but need India? I don't understand our people. India assembles submarines, frigates and destroyers, while we nothing. Very disappointing.

M10
It is more reasonable to buy or build modern warships than upgrading the Petya. If cheap we can buy from India why not. But if upgrade necessary why can't we do ourselves but need India? I don't understand our people. India assembles submarines, frigates and destroyers, while we nothing. Very disappointing.

I hear you, feel the same, its almost like if they are afraid to try or they feel that they are not capable or the typical vietnamese feeling that "imported is always better than made in Vietnam". Viettel on the other hand, they showed what they can do when given the chance. I think the problem is the mindset of those higher ups that make the decisions.

I hear you, feel the same, its almost like if they are afraid to try or they feel that they are not capable or the typical vietnamese feeling that "imported is always better than made in Vietnam". Viettel on the other hand, they showed what they can do when given the chance. I think the problem is the mindset of those higher ups that make the decisions.
bro it is the mindset of vietnamese people in general, not only in the army leadership. Vietnam under the Nguyen for example had a very active military complex, having a respectable number of warships. probably the largest in the region. the naval shipyard Ba Son goes back to that period. basically our army had been modelled to tackle China threat, mostly focusing how to stop chinese aggression. but when a foreign great power, the French launched invasion of Vietnam, we suffered a total blow. everybody suddently noticed how backward our warships were built and how weak military doctrine were based upon. and since then, there is a loss of trust to our equippments. hardly to overcome. or may take some time to overcome.

time has changed since then, hasn´t it?

true, Viettel is a prime exampe what we can achieve. another example is FPT Corps, it has very capable people too.

915d1445754799-chi-nhanh-van-phong-giao-dich-fpt-toan-quoc-viet-nam-phong-giao-dich-fpt-toan-quoc.jpg

courtesy to @fsayed

https://defence.pk/threads/india-fi...vietnam-will-offer-varunastra-torpedo.437516/

India offers heavy weight torpedo Varunastra. an India made anti submarine torpedo. weight 1.25 tons, 250 kg warhead, top speed 40 knots, unit cost $1.77 million, operational range 40 km (25 mi). maximum depth 400 metres (1,300 ft), wire-guided, active-passive acoustic homing. According to India media, the ‘Varunastra’ was discussed at length during the visit of defence minister Manohar Parrikar to Vietnam in June.

what the Navy needs is to acquire submarine hunter airplanes and platforms to launch such heavy torpedo. it may be the best solution if we come with brand-new built multirole surface warships. and the hunting season can begin.

hai-quan-bb-baaacZ0Nn1.jpg

VCP is a joke. People on here from Vietnam would never get it because they have never live or exposed to US's culture. They have no clue about US's history and WWII. Communist education system teaching history are corrupted and biased about the west. My only hope for Vietnam is to elect younger generation with higher level of education so they can better defend the country. Not these old clowns.

Vntsx, I understand that your beloved US collapse is coming and you are seeing it. But no need to behave so desperately and attack the poor Vietnamese government in every posts. It is not a good tactics.

Vntsx, I understand that your beloved US collapse is coming and you are seeing it. But no need to behave so desperately and attack the poor Vietnamese government in every posts. It is not a good tactics.
" poor vietnamese government" haha i know you are patriot men, dude, but let open your eyes and see everything clearly. vietnamese government is living on poor peoples , they r not poor, contrast, they r very rich, they have luxury car, villa. their son was sent in aboard, today, i see a miserable old men who was stolen 2 million by a yellow dog ( you know it meaning ) this money, he must earn for haft of a month, lol, why did u save for vietnamese communist, did u get interests from them? u say like u are blind, i wonder you actually care to poor vietnamese :L

Last edited:
Vietnamese engineer sails minisub at sea after passing Navy tests
sub_XCQU.jpg

Two years after failing to get official approval for his first mini submarine, a Vietnamese engineer Sunday sailed his second with approval from the Ministry of Defense.
Nguyen Quoc Hoa, director of a mechanical firm in Thai Binh Province, piloted the sub himself and told Thanh Nien on the phone that it was a successful trip.
The vessel, named Hoang Sa after Vietnam’s Paracel archipelago in the East Sea, was approved by a ministry committee late last month.
Hoa first made a mini-sub in 2013 and named it Truong Sa for the Spratly Islands. He presented it publicly several times, but never received recognition from the authorities.
The second was made last year and is said to be a big improvement with its smaller size and more functions.
The nine-ton steel sub can travel at 15 nautical miles per hour, carry two people and remain as deep as 50 meters for three days.
Hoa refused to reveal its cost.
“I just want to prove that Vietnamese have the smartness and capacity to make such things. I don’t care much about the cost since I can borrow money if necessary as long as I can deliver a sub made in Vietnam.”
Hoa is the second Vietnamese to make mini submarines.
Phan Boi Tran, an engineer who worked for the French submarine firm Comex for years, returned home in 2006 and began to work on his own mini subs.
Tran has got large orders from Malaysia and Thailand for tourism though his subs have not received a patent in Vietnam after his application was turned down.

after 3 years of development, field trials for a new domestic made 6 barreled Gatling gun designed for surface warships

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-6.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-3.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-5.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-8.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-4.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-9.jpg

the gun design is quite similar to the russian made AK-630 CIWS.
ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom