What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

New fast patrol boats for the Coast Guard

manufactured by James Boat Vietnam. 12 vessels, MS-50S class, ultra light, Polypropylene carbonate (PPC) hull, length 13.63m; wide 3.55m; 2x300HP Volvo engines, top speed 35 knots. can host a crew of 16.

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

cac70fd1b5f3a753bd3cadaa8d88cb03.jpg

1af7cb51e3ce5a2f5dc5dcace4f3049b.jpg

982ba430f38bb46d06ed1a3d7e2e68b1.png

canh-sat-bien-nghiem-thu-4-xuong-tuan-tra-cao-toc_19931430.jpg

image005.jpg

xuong-tuan-tra-ddry-1466292228718.jpg

Last edited:
The Coast Guard now has a hymne, composed by Nguyễn Mạnh Hùng, "making the waves" :D

canh%20sat%20bien.jpg

canh-sat-bien-2.jpg

canh%20sat%20bien%20VN.jpg

Picture%20284.jpg

copolymer polypropylene (PPC) James Boat Vietnam is using seem suitable for different other useful stuffs too. Time to step up construction activities on our islands in the SC Sea :-)

images taken from the company website

simple bridge
789edfeae023863a2b6b5779ef1c2e79.jpg

Landing bridge
full_IMG_1985.JPG

77a2f7886110c532f69fdac5e9a6e688.jpg

ea212250bda43bf70335383f98b0876f.jpg

bb373be383318d88cbc63dc05bfa49f9.jpg

Leisure Boat
f42-3.jpg

Fishing boats
2.jpg

copolymer polypropylene (PPC) James Boat Vietnam is using seem suitable for different other useful stuffs too. Time to step up construction activities on our islands in the SC Sea :-)

are you sure these toy-alike boats could be used in the construction activities in the South China Sea? Are you serious to this complicated/huge engineering challenge? You at least needs some professional ones like these.
1234.jpg
12345.jpg
890.jpg
71.JPG
80.jpg
21.jpg

are you sure these toy-alike boats could be used in the construction activities in the South China Sea? Are you serious to this complicated/huge engineering challenge? You at least needs some professional ones like these.
not too bad and impressive no question. if anything we can learn from our neighbour is shipbuilding. we are ways behind. though I believe we are not too bad, either. though we are much smaller. a new reopened Vietnam Damen Song Cam Shipyard, capable to build all sorts of 40 ships a year at the first phase. Dredgers are a specialty :-)

Damen-Song-Cam-Shipyard-Opens-1024x675.jpg

Hopper Dredger
TSHD2000_Severnaya_Dvina.ashx

dredger-Severnaya-Dvina.jpg

Trailing_Suction_Hopper_Dredger.ashx

we can expect all sorts of dredgers are coming...

Suction_Dredge.ashx

Dredgin_Market.ashx

Damen_Cutter_Suction_Dredger_650.ashx

Damen_Cutter_Suction_Dredger_Range.ashx

...while we are waiting for new dredgers, some old ones can do the job.

showphoto.aspx

showphoto.aspx

...while we are waiting for new dredgers, some old ones can do the job.

showphoto.aspx

showphoto.aspx

nice. good to know that the Dutch Damen comes to Vietnam to build a new shipyard. I once heard that Damen has the plan to acquire Song Cam. Do you know how the deal goes? thanks

nice. good to know that the Dutch Damen comes to Vietnam to build a new shipyard. I once heard that Damen has the plan to acquire Song Cam. Do you know how the deal goes? thanks
the government okays to 70% Song Cam shares, which can be bought by Damen. though I have no idea when the deal will be closed. I think also it is a question how both sides value the company and if both sides agree to a price. Song Cam makes profit, and as exception to the loss making rest of Vinashin shipbuilding complex.

here nice boats for Venezuela coast guard

Venezuela_Armada_PV-11_Damen_SPa5009_MAR2016_DamenSongCam.jpg

estimated 100,000 Vietnamese fought during the WW I on the side of the French. In the letters being sent home to their families the viet soldiers told stories of homesickness, cold weather and terrible food. These things are worse than the enemy on battlefields, notably the fearsome German army.

Arrival in Greece
AnnameseSalonika.jpg

Arrival in France
qzO9Y5d.jpg

marzCampGalienibyVersailles.jpg

Not all survived on battlefields in Europe.
gcoTiUF.jpg

especially not after the bloody battle of the Somme (1916), when the combined French and British armies launched a great offensive against the Germans at the Somme to seek a decision. At the end of the battle, over one million soldiers were killed or wounded. Terrible bloodshed

article-2057918-04DB3DC30000044D-332_634x493.jpg

Last edited:
A picture of the C-212 factory in Indonesia on 24/6 where 3 C-212 maritime patrol aircraft are being produced for Vietnam.

antarafoto-produksi-pesawat-nc212i-ptdi-240616-na-1.jpg

estimated 100,000 Vietnamese fought during the WW I on the side of the French. In the letters being sent home to their families the viet soldiers told stories of homesickness, cold weather and terrible food. These things are worse than the enemy on battlefields, notably the fearsome German army.

Arrival in Greece
AnnameseSalonika.jpg

Arrival in France
qzO9Y5d.jpg

marzCampGalienibyVersailles.jpg

Not all survived on battlefields in Europe.
gcoTiUF.jpg

especially not after the bloody battle of the Somme (1916), when the combined French and British armies launched a great offensive against the Germans at the Somme to seek a decision. At the end of the battle, over one million soldiers were killed or wounded. Terrible bloodshed

article-2057918-04DB3DC30000044D-332_634x493.jpg

poor vietnamese fight for other people war

poor vietnamese fight for other people war
Not poor. Whatever motives they had, wanting to earn money or simply seeking adventure abroad, all were volunteers. Nobody should blame them. The French has a long tradition of employing foreigners in the army. the foreign legions.

But it is just a part of the story. Those Vietnamese, who survived when the war was over, were allowed to settle down in France or with money starting a new life in Vietnam. Some of them were later active joining the resistance against the French colonial government. It is an irony of history. The French decision to employ Vietnamese in the army was a huge mistake, contributing later to their total defeat in the last stand in the valley of Dien bien phu.

VN is a country with people capable to learn from the past mistakes.

Last edited:
@William Hung As per the article above:

According to the same sources, Airbus and ELTA could assist the country in integrating the new platform with the rest of the Vietnamese Armed Forces, including Russian-made ones. The number of the platforms to be acquired could probably be more than two, as the two could probably be not sufficient for the operational requirements.

The keywords are the ones just before what you highlighted, that is, “According to the same sources”. Those “sources” that the article is refering to are Vietnamese local media. Or more specifically, speculations from local VN media and journalists.

I myself don’t know the technical nuances in integrating western and Russian systems. Actually another American member here who probably knows bout it is @Sven... you can try tag and ask him the possibilities.

Personally, I very much doubt it is possible, not just because of technical, security or political issues, but because of business issues too. If Russia wants to pressure VN into buying Russian products rather than non-russian ones, then Russia can just simply refuse to assist VN in integrating the said products. Besides, the non-russian counter-parts will probably be in that same position as well, they also have their own business, political and security concerns when dealing with Russia.

Back
Top Bottom