What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

I say we put an AK-176 and several NSV HMG on it if Venezuela cant take it. Could use a good patrol vessel. Or sell it to Philipine for a couple millions bucks :v But still, i highly doubt that we build a vessel without taking some safety deposit on hand first.

Oh its actually a Damen SP5009 class , quite fast and manouverable. Ramming is nice too :v

the new Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc is like a man on a highspeed train. full speed. no brakes. hardly coming few days into office, he is much more active in the public relation than the last PM. first stop: Russia. next stop: Japan.

P_1_ITGK.jpg

P_4_KBRY.jpg

P_5_OCBV.jpg

Carlosa, as benefit for all active and silent readers of this thread, I re-post here the link to your thread in Indian Defence Section :D

https://defence.pk/threads/india-sends-stealth-warships-to-south-china-sea.431204/

we are to welcome the next guests to the SC Sea garden party in the Cam Ranh Bay:

6,200-ton Shivalik-class guided-missile stealth frigates Satpura and Sahyadr
27,550-ton Deepak-class fleet tanker Shakti
1,350-ton Kora-class guided missile corvette Kirch

INS Satpura

800px-INS_Satpura_and_USS_Bunker_Hill_closeup.jpg

Good idea, thank you.

the new Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc is like a man on a highspeed train. full speed. no brakes. hardly coming few days into office, he is much more active in the public relation than the last PM. first stop: Russia. next stop: Japan.

P_1_ITGK.jpg

P_4_KBRY.jpg

P_5_OCBV.jpg

Yes, I like this new PM, I have a good feeling about him.

Yes, I like this new PM, I have a good feeling about him.
Phuc is a big surprise. he worked as deputy under Dung, and hardly anyone took notice. But now as PM, he is on full speed. quite impressive for the first days in office.

I heard that Vietnam would combine two positions into one.
Nguyen Phu Trong would quit after 1 year, and Tran Dai Quang would be both President and General Secretary of Central Commitee of CPV.

Vietnam urges Japan to take more active role in settling South China Sea row

Kyodo
Last Modified: May 15, 2016

HANOI – Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc said Saturday that Japan, as a major regional power, should play a more active role in promoting the peaceful resolution of disputes involving the South China Sea.

In an interview in Hanoi with Japanese media, Phuc also said he expects Japan to make “effective” efforts to advance regional cooperation in a bid to ensure the freedom of navigation in and aviation over the contested waters.

China, which claims almost all of the South China Sea, has been aggressively pursuing its assertion, including through massive land-reclamation projects, despite objections by smaller rival claimants such as Vietnam and the Philippines.

Japan, which is not a claimant, is among countries that advocate freedom of navigation and overflight in the waters.

In his first interview with the foreign press since taking office in April, Phuc said he would visit Japan to attend in an outreach session of the Group of Seven summit on May 26-27 in Mie Prefecture.

The 61-year-old leader described bilateral ties with Japan as being in “the best-ever development stage” and expressed hope that the government would continue providing aid to improve Vietnam’s infrastructure and for boosted cooperation in areas such as climate change.

The two countries have been promoting defense cooperation, in an apparent attempt to keep China in check.

In April, two Japanese destroyers made a port call to Vietnam’s strategic Cam Ranh Bay facing the South China Sea, becoming the first Maritime Self-Defense Force vessels to visit the site.

Phuc is a big surprise. he worked as deputy under Dung, and hardly anyone took notice. But now as PM, he is on full speed. quite impressive for the first days in office.

Yes, he is. He seems to be clean and hard working, he apologized for many things, he met with business people wanting to hear what their problems are, he looks good so far, but I'd like to see some action against Formosa.

Toi chon ca (I choose fish).

I say we put an AK-176 and several NSV HMG on it if Venezuela cant take it. Could use a good patrol vessel. Or sell it to Philipine for a couple millions bucks :v But still, i highly doubt that we build a vessel without taking some safety deposit on hand first.

Oh its actually a Damen SP5009 class , quite fast and manouverable. Ramming is nice too :v
Okie my guess was totally wrong. I probably need a new pair of eye glasses. By the way, feel free and post rumours and gossip what you got from other Viet forums :D

l_lbj_05182016_1.jpg
Secretary of State Dean Rusk, President Lyndon B. Johnson and Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara at a meeting in the White House, Feb. 9, 1968 (photo by Yoichi Okamoto from LBJ Library archive).

LBJ, Vietnam and the Political Costs of Fighting a Hopeless War

Michael A. Cohen Wednesday, May 18, 2016

In the fall of 1967, when then-President Lyndon Johnson looked out from his increasingly isolated perch at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, the signs of discontent and anger about the war in Vietnam were increasingly evident.

A majority of the country negatively viewed his handling of the war, and for the first time since the U.S. intervention in Vietnam had begun, Gallup found that a majority of Americans believed the war was a mistake. On Johnson’s political left, anger over the war had reached a boiling point. In October, 100,000 anti-war demonstrators marched on the Pentagon in the largest anti-war protest in American history.

On Capitol Hill, congressional support for the war was eroding, as both anti-war liberals and more-moderate Republican hawks began to raise greater concerns about Johnson’s strategy in Vietnam and his lack of candor on the war’s progress. The once supportive news media joined in as well, with the New York Times calling the war a stalemate and Time noting that the “only audible consensus” in the country was the one building against the war.

Finally, Johnson began to hear from his own staff. In November, then-Defense Secretary Robert McNamara told the president in no uncertain terms that he did not believe it would still be possible for the U.S. “to accomplish [its] objectives” in Vietnam. ..

By the way, feel free and post rumours and gossip what you got from other Viet forums :D

I always did :v

I guess whenever president of United States goes, several hundreds tons of equipments follown. Here come Marine One. "Rumour" is there maybe a V-22 visit :v

13254324_938781682911459_724699638275478575_n.jpg

Yes, he is. He seems to be clean and hard working, he apologized for many things, he met with business people wanting to hear what their problems are, he looks good so far, but I'd like to see some action against Formosa.

Is it proven that it was Formosa's dumping that caused the fish deaths? It's prudent to wait until there are some evidences. Meting out haphazard penalties can create an anti-business environment that many foreign corporations fear.

Recent live fire exercise

vu-khi-viet-nam-xe-nat-muc-tieu-trong-dien-tap-19154642-bb-baaadyzXtO.jpg

vu-khi-viet-nam-xe-nat-muc-tieu-trong-dien-tap-1915555-bb-baaadDz0Z6.jpg

vu-khi-viet-nam-xe-nat-muc-tieu-trong-dien-tap-191550-bb-baaacT7kGM.jpg

D20 152mm Howitzer. range 15.4km, 6 rounds a minute, can turn around 360 degree.
vu-khi-viet-nam-xe-nat-muc-tieu-trong-dien-tap-19153257-bb-baaadlz2PN.jpg

vu-khi-viet-nam-xe-nat-muc-tieu-trong-dien-tap-19153269-bb-baaacrU2Sj.jpg

vu-khi-viet-nam-xe-nat-muc-tieu-trong-dien-tap-19154925-bb-baaacB9ZG2.jpg

vu-khi-viet-nam-xe-nat-muc-tieu-trong-dien-tap-19154248-bb-baaad9mK3u.jpg

vu-khi-viet-nam-xe-nat-muc-tieu-trong-dien-tap-19153369-bb-baaac56aaS.jpg

Is it proven that it was Formosa's dumping that caused the fish deaths? It's prudent to wait until there are some evidences. Meting out haphazard penalties can create an anti-business environment that many foreign corporations fear.

In Vietnam everybody knows that it was Formosa (you can say that it is an assumption) and it is believed that the government is covering up because they are trying to protect the investment which is actually very big.

The circumstantial evidence is not only that underwater pipe, but the fact that a fisherman diving next to the pipe saw yellow water coming from the pipe and the declarations of the Formosa spokesperson saying that Vietnam had to choose between fish and a modern steel industry. A number of people swimming near the pipe were diagnosed with copper poisoning. Also the fact that they had imported several hundred tons of chemicals to clean up the pipe and those chemicals are now not accounted for. Add to that the fact that Formosa has a worldwide record of creating environmental disasters and the conclusion is pretty clear.

A story of endless delays. Vietnam National Satellite Center announces the new expected launch of 4 earth observation satellites into orbit. appears to be not an easy task if one starts from zero.

NanoDragon, MicroDragon, launch in 2018
LOTUSat-1, LOTUSat-2, launch in 2019 and 2020

With the exception of LOTUSat-1, which will be made in Japan, others will be developed , assembled locally by Vietnamese engineers.

Made-in-Vietnam-Satellite-Process.png

In Vietnam everybody knows that it was Formosa (you can say that it is an assumption) and it is believed that the government is covering up because they are trying to protect the investment which is actually very big.

The circumstantial evidence is not only that underwater pipe, but the fact that a fisherman diving next to the pipe saw yellow water coming from the pipe and the declarations of the Formosa spokesperson saying that Vietnam had to choose between fish and a modern steel industry. A number of people swimming near the pipe were diagnosed with copper poisoning. Also the fact that they had imported several hundred tons of chemicals to clean up the pipe and those chemicals are now not accounted for. Add to that the fact that Formosa has a worldwide record of creating environmental disasters and the conclusion is pretty clear.

Anecdotal stories are not evidences. While Formosa was fined a number of times in the past, what business that deals with industrial wastes has never been found to dump toxic matters. Take the case of the river water used in Flint, Michigan. If toxic waste was never dumped in the USA, how did the water get so polluted?

I'm not defending Formosa, and am in favor of lying heavy penalties if the company was found to dump toxic wastes into the sea even if the link to the fish deaths was never proven. However, careful investigation is necessary, instead of carrying a judgment simply to mollify the people.

Back
Top Bottom