What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

looking damn good, the new boat.

just google and found another pic of the new vessel

trang-23jpg165838696.jpg

No marble mountain area but Terracotta Park near Hoi An.
Room rate from 22 $ to 25$ for 30-40sqm with sea, river view is ok, many others are cheaper but smaller or limit view.

Regret have no chance to connect to you for some drinks by Hoang Sa road or Han river bank. Seafood is cheap and fresh, and some Foster beer that rarely find in Hanoi.

Da Nang, Hoi An taxi rate isn't cheap as in Hanoi, I still recommend green color Mai Linh taxi for customer care. Yellow color isn't good.

Man, if you didn't go to marble mountain, then you have to come back again because your visit is not complete, its an amazing place and very unique in Vietnam, the marble carvings are really something else.

That hotel sounds really good.

Yes, the taxies are more expensive in Danang for some reason, actually Vietnam taxies are the most expensive in ASEAN, even 30% more than in Singapore. Small taxi starts at 12,300 here compared to 10,000 per km in Hanoi.

Mai Linh taxies are the best, but actually the yellow ones (Taxi tien sa) are usually pretty good, I use them often and never had problems, I think you had a bad driver. can also rent motorcycles.

Don't dream too much bro, Indian Kamorta frigates have a 1000 times better chance than AEGIS destroyers.

New Gepards. Seems like they were a bit redesigned. :)

27-4173883-13-53-.jpg

27-4173883-14-48-.jpg

27-4173883-11-130-.jpg

What are the design changes? I mean, I know about the addition of the ASW package, but is there anything else?

Last edited:
the third Gepard seems having the same specs as the two former ones except the ASW features.
  • Gepard-class 3.9 frigate, displacement of 2,200 tons, a length of 102 meters, a maximum speed of 23 knots, a crew of 103, cruising range of 5,000 miles
  • 1 x Uran-E anti-ship missile system
  • 1 x AK-176M 76.2-mm gun
  • 1 x Palma air defense artillery system
  • 2 x AK-630M 30-mm gun mounts
  • 533-mm torpedo tubes.
  • can carry 1x Ka-28/ Ka-31 Helix naval helicopter.
in addition, it is said can detect light objects under and above water, install active and passive obstacles, install mines. and maybe it can more we don´t know yet. this Gepard costs much more than the previous ones.

the vessel is able to withstand 1 or 2 hits of enemy antiship missiles or torpedo. The hull, made of low-alloy steel, is divided into ten watertight compartments. Aluminium-magnesium alloy is used in the upper superstructure. It is designed to remain afloat even when two side by side compartments are flooded.

G_4_QQKB.jpg

G_3_DYDA.jpg

chien-ham-gepard-3.9-viet-nam-uy-dung-khi-ha-thuy_2892892.jpg

chien-ham-gepard-3.9-viet-nam-uy-dung-khi-ha-thuy_28928634.jpg

chien-ham-gepard-3.9-viet-nam-uy-dung-khi-ha-thuy_28926627.jpg

chien-ham-gepard-3.9-viet-nam-uy-dung-khi-ha-thuy_28927300.jpg

Last edited:
huuh, Russian need forever to finished those ships.

huuh, Russian need forever to finished those ships.
the project was delayed about 1 year due to the inability of Ukraine to deliver ship diesel powered engines. from the specs, the Gepard is powered by a combined diesel or gas propulsion system comprising 2 gas turbines and 1 Type 61D diesel engine. In addition, the shipboard power is generated by 3 x 600kW diesel alternator sets. I can understand the Ukraine people have much better things to do than delivering military grade parts to Russia.

so what is the alternative?

not much info is released, but we all can assume the diesel engines come from Germany, or more precise from the german company MTU headquartered in Friedrichshafen, type MTU-8000 diesel engine.

the project was delayed about 1 year due to the inability of Ukraine to deliver ship diesel powered engines. from the specs, the Gepard is powered by a combined diesel or gas propulsion system comprising 2 gas turbines and 1 Type 61D diesel engine. In addition, the shipboard power is generated by 3 x 600kW diesel alternator sets. I can understand the Ukraine people have much better things to do than delivering military grade parts to Russia.

so what is the alternative?

not much info is released, but we all can assume the diesel engines come from Germany, or more precise from the german company MTU headquartered in Friedrichshafen, type MTU-8000 diesel engine.

i am concerning about Russian shipyard ability to delivering their newly built warships, this not the first cases. Admiral Gorshkov, Vikramaditya, is the other cases not to mention Algeria corvettes order.

i am concerning about Russian shipyard ability to delivering their newly built warships, this not the first cases. Admiral Gorshkov, Vikramaditya, is the other cases not to mention Algeria corvettes order.
well, that question should be answered by our russian comrades here. I think Russia lost much of her former naval industrial complex because of the collapse of USSR, notably in Belarus and Ukraine. but thing is about to change. and it will take time a bit. I wish Russia is willing to transfer more of her shipbuilding technology to us, so we can build naval ships on our costs by ourselves.

Well the new is Russia will no longer use Ukraine engines on our third Gepard pair. The current pair engines is the result of VN direct intervention into the affair by buying from Ukraine ourself. I feel quite curious what is the candidate for our third Gepard pair though.

BPS-500 class HQ 381, long forgotten and remain only a training ship for missiles ship crew now fully prepare to tackle new challenge, to India

13087101_925492330907061_245112967331734817_o.jpg

Hanoi, April, 21

"The United States and Vietnam share interest in maintaining peace and stability in the region.

"So does China. But its massive land reclamation projects in the South China Sea and increasing militarization of these outposts fuels regional tension and raise serious questions about China's intentions."

Antony Blinken

73FA3F1F-799D-44A3-BC76-9B376A52DC38_w640_r1_s.jpg

U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Antony Blinken, center, during a visit to Vietnam National University in Hanoi.

Last edited:

DEFENSE

Vietnam To Receive the Last ‘Classic’ Flankers
by Vladimir Karnozov
April 28, 2016, 9:28 AM

The Sukhoi Su-30M2 is an air superiority version of the Flanker for the Russian air force. (Photo: Vladimir Karnozov)

The imminent delivery of from Russia of two Sukhoi Su-30MK2 twin-seat versions to Vietnam will make the end of production for the “classic” version of the Flanker multirole fighter. But production of advanced “generation 4++” versions—the Su-30SM, Su-34 and Su-35—featuring markedly different airframes and more powerful engines will continue through at least 2020.

Vietnam previously took delivery of 30 out of the 32 Su-30MK2s that it ordered in three batches during 2009, 2012 and 2013. Delivery of the final pair will bring its total fleet to 48, including Su-27SKs, Su-27UBKs as well as Su-30MK2s.

Last edited:
Vietnam Coast Guard

image004.jpg

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image014.jpg

image018.jpg

image008.jpg

greeting special guests: Chinese coast guard personnel (in black)
a bowl of pho for all

image001.jpg

20160421120335-coast-guard.jpg

Back
Top Bottom