What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

SPG-9 , current our most mobile anti-obstacle and yet possessing heavy firepower

Attachments

• loading and shooting SPG-9.jpg
    loading and shooting SPG-9.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 75
All the Osa-class boats (8 of them ) and 4 remaining Shershen-class will soon be transfer to either Coast Guard or Fisheries Control , their missiles launcher or torpedo launcher will be removed while retaining the AK-230 or also be replaced with some machine gun . They were too old and no upgrade is available to increase their effectiveness while we already have the Molniya-class and TT-400TP which is simply superior , all they got left is their speed :)

All the Osa-class boats (8 of them ) and 4 remaining Shershen-class will soon be transfer to either Coast Guard or Fisheries Control , their missiles launcher or torpedo launcher will be removed while retaining the AK-230 or also be replaced with some machine gun . They were too old and no upgrade is available to increase their effectiveness while we already have the Molniya-class and TT-400TP which is simply superior , all they got left is their speed :)

Ahh sounds good, thank you. It makes a lot of sense. There is actually an upgrade for the Osa with 2 quad KH-35 launchers in the back after they remove the P-15s, but its an old ship anyway.

I would rather hope to see a TT-400TP version soon with a couple of quad KH-35 launchers.

The following is a pic of an upgrade for the Osa with 2 quad KH-35 launchers:
Project 206.6 with  2 KH-35 quad launchers & 76mm gun .jpg

Last edited:
Ahh sounds good, thank you. It makes a lot of sense. There is actually an upgrade for the Osa with 2 quad KH-35 launchers in the back after they remove the P-15s, but its an old ship anyway.

I would rather hope to see a TT-400TP version soon with a couple of quad KH-35 launchers.

View attachment 238899

There is that new 700 ton class ship for SAR, that design is a much better candidate to become a missile boat.

Vietnam needs to learn from Indonesia how to develop our indigenous military industry. Indonesia are already at the stage where they can produce missile boats, stealth FAC, LPD, CN-235 and now they are already building the Sigma frigates while we are still not yet sure if the Viet Sigma deal is signed (when are they going to start building them?).

Not to mention they have received upgraded F-16s and are evaluating Rafale, EF2000, Gripens while we can only dream of those on forums. :(

There is that new 700 ton class ship for SAR, that design is a much better candidate to become a missile boat.

Vietnam needs to learn from Indonesia how to develop our indigenous military industry. Indonesia are already at the stage where they can produce missile boats, stealth FAC, LPD, CN-235 and now they are already building the Sigma frigates while we are still not yet sure if the Viet Sigma deal is signed (when are they going to start building them?).

Not to mention they have received upgraded F-16s and are evaluating Rafale, EF2000, Gripens while we can only dream of those on forums. :(

And on top of that they also bought SU-35s including tech transfer. They also build armored vehicles, etc. They are about to build Korean subs under license also.

I guess that's what happens when you have leadership that wants to promote the local defense industry as opposed to corrupted leadership that only cares about how much $$$ they put in their pockets. Sounds familiar @gambit ?

Are you talking about this, what's the speed of that boat?

canh-sat-bien-tiep-nhan-hai-tau-co-lon_91551473.jpg
canh-sat-bien-tiep-nhan-hai-tau-co-lon_91552309.jpg

And on top of that they also bought SU-35s including tech transfer. They also build armored vehicles, etc.

I guess that's what happens when you have leadership that wants to promote the local defense industry

Yes we must admit that their leadership is doing something right for their military, eventhough their country is probably also as corrupt as Viet Nam.

I just remembered too how they always dominated us in those military marksmen competition.

Sorry for sounding whinny, but reality has just hit me I think. Its like in Vietnamese football, we recently got really excited for our national team...then reality hit us and now everyone admits that we are not even on the same level as the Thai.

And on top of that they also bought SU-35s including tech transfer. They also build armored vehicles, etc. They are about to build Korean subs under license also.

I guess that's what happens when you have leadership that wants to promote the local defense industry as opposed to corrupted leadership that only cares about how much $$$ they put in their pockets. Sounds familiar @gambit ?

Are you talking about this, what's the speed of that boat?

View attachment 238938 View attachment 238939

No, there was a new one, blue and white hull....looks almost exactly like the TT400TP but just bigger...and its top speed and endurance was pretty good.

Yes we must admit that their leadership is doing something right for their military, eventhough their country is probably also as corrupt as Viet Nam.

I just remembered too how they always dominated us in those military marksmen competition.

Sorry for sounding whinny, but reality has just hit me I think. Its like in Vietnamese football, we recently got excited for the national team...then reality hit us and now everyone admits that we are not even on the same level as the Thai.

Yeah, both countries are massively corrupted, but their military leadership seems to be a lot sharper and efficient when it comes to weapon purchases and developing the local military industry.. And all their military purchases are all in the open, not all secretive which is of course a good way to hide corruption.

No, there was a new one, blue and white hull....looks almost exactly like the TT400TP but just bigger...and its top speed and endurance was pretty good.

Hmmm that sounds interesting, try to post some pics and info if you can bro, thanks.

I just remembered too how they always dominated us in those military marksmen competition..

I had also noticed that, they win every single time.

Yeah, both countries are massively corrupted, but their military leadership seems to be a lot sharper and efficient when it comes to weapon purchases and developing the local military industry..

They are milesssss ahead of our Viet Nam military industry. They already got their own CMS for their naval ship. As for weapon purchases, they buy, we dream lol.

I had also noticed that, they win every single time.

And its not because of their guns or equipment. They also dominate in machine gunning, hand pistol competition, etc. So its their training that is better than ours.

Here is that new 700 ton boat:

tau1-2866-1434442090_m_460x0.jpg

Designed by a joint Russia-UK company but built in VN. Top speed is 25 knot which is not so bad...just need to upgrade to slightly stronger engines for the naval version. It also has a heli deck. Looks pretty good huh?

They are milesssss ahead of our Viet Nam military industry. They already got their own CMS for their naval ship. As for weapon purchases, they buy, we dream lol.

And its not because of their guns or equipment. They also dominate in machine gunning, hand pistol competition, etc. So its their training that is better than ours.

Here is that new 700 ton boat:

tau1-2866-1434442090_m_460x0.jpg

Designed by a joint Russia-UK company but built in VN. Top speed is 25 knot which is not so bad...just need to upgrade to slightly stronger engines for the naval version. It also has a heli deck. Looks pretty good huh?

I just founded the boat also, I was about to post the pics. Yeah, that looks interesting, it could be a nice missile boat.

700 metric tons, 63 meters long and 12 meters wide. That's bigger than the Molniya class (56 meters), it would be nice if designed with stealth features also. It has German engines. The helicopter pad is a nice feature. You can make a littoral ASW version with that.

Pasted Graphic.jpg
Pasted Graphic 1.jpg

Last edited:
I just founded also, I was about to post the pics. Yeah, that looks interesting, it could be a nice missile boat.

700 metric tons, 63 meters long and 12 meters wide. That's bigger than the Molniya class (56 meters), it would be nice if designed with stealth features also. It has German engines. The helicopter pad is a nice feature. You can make a littoral ASW version with that.

View attachment 238942 View attachment 238943

Yep, should mass produce in a littoral ASW version. Its big enough to carry sonars, torpedos and ASW heli. VN would need lots to monitor that big EEZ along the coast.

I wonder why they use “FC”? There is no F in the Viet alphabet.

Yep, should mass produce in a littoral ASW version. Its big enough to carry sonars, torpedos and ASW heli. VN would need lots to monitor that big EEZ along the coast.

I have no idea about the FC name.

This boat does really look very similar to the TT-400TP. Just bigger and the helipad.

If it were up to me, I would do the following:

1) I would make a version of the TT-400TP as a missile boat and it would also be a follow on of the Molniya class.
The TT-400TP is only 4 meters shorter than the Molniya, so in order to have enough space for the missiles, radar, etc, it would need to be stretched a little bit, so it would be at least the same size as the Molniya or a bit longer, so its also a follow on of the Molniya. I would redesign the superstructure of the ship for full stealth and it would carry 16 KH-35 missiles same as the Molniya and it could also be a version with 8 Yakhont / Klub missiles.

2) I would make a version of the FC 624 as a littoral ASW ship with a full ASW package and helipad.

3) I would make a stretched version of the FC 624, probably around 900-1000 tons, as a corvette with helipad and 8 Yakhont / Klub missiles. Full stealth features in the super structure of the ship. Decent air defense system. This would be a great boat to patrol the Spratlys, etc and not too expensive.

How does this sound?

oh i wish we still have this in active service :)

Attachments

• quad .50 cal.jpg
    quad .50 cal.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 50

View attachment 238899
looks great the new Osa.

"F" stands either for "fast" or "fcking fast" :D

Back
Top Bottom