What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Technically , BMP-1 main gun and SPG-9 use the same ammunition , just a different charge :)

Attachments

• reloading BMP-1.jpg
    reloading BMP-1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 50
This is the news from foreign papers, VN papers havent confirmed yet.

--------------------------------

Vietnam defence minister dies in France after cancer treatment
x281398130483371225.jpg

Vietnam’s Minister of Defence died on Sunday at a French hospital where he was being treated for lung cancer, a military source said.

General Phung Quang Thanh, who was 66, was considered a rising star in the Vietnamese Communist Party before his illness.

He died Sunday at Georges Pompidou Hospital, the military source told dpa. The source declined to be named as he is not authorized to tell media.

Rumours about Thanh’s illness began circulating with his absence from recent army events. In early July, Pham Gia Khai, a member of the Board for Protection and Care of the Health of Central-Level Officials, confirmed that Thanh was recovering from surgery for a lung tumor in France. He said that the general's condition was good and that he would return to Vietnam in two weeks.

Thanh had been considered a likely candidate to take up the position of Vietnamese president at the country's next party congress, sources said.

http://dalje.com/en-world/vietnam-defence-minister-dies-in-france-after-cancer-treatment/550644?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: daljeenglish (dalje.com English)
cats-9581-1437397503.jpg

DPA has verified the info and gave VN an apology for that matter. Case closed.

I think so, we can save USD to buy new tank, for example T-90, T-54 and T-55 may be will be upgrade using Vietnamese technology
BTW. last year new, Vienam made indigenous ERA
Việt Nam chế tạo giáp ERA cho xe tăng T-54/55
clip

So it means T-54 will just get upgraded indigenously with the experience from the T-55M3 prototype. That is much better than spending too much money on foreign upgrade for that small tank. The ERA looks good.

Can you give the link where DPA made this apology? I can’t find it.

So does this mean the T-54 will not go for the Israeli or Russian upgrade?
Sorry, my mistake. I should have writen "verified the info with the person in charge."

So it means T-54 will just get upgraded indigenously with the experience from the T-55M3 prototype. That is much better than spending too much money on foreign upgrade for that small tank. The ERA looks good.
that is my private thinking , not offical decision. OK?

Not bad, this is a bit of a surprise. :tup::tup::tup:

a mysterious armored vehicle , the track look like a BMP yet the rear look like a PTS

Attachments

• tank transpoter.jpg
    tank transpoter.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 72
still so many old tanks in service. they have little chance against heavy armored chinese tanks. I wonder when we see our first modern tanks? taking all things too long.

xe-tang-viet-nam-manh-me-hon-voi-thiet-bi-noi-dia_22050872.jpg

xe-tang-viet-nam-manh-me-hon-voi-thiet-bi-noi-dia_22052517.jpg

xe-tang-viet-nam-manh-me-hon-voi-thiet-bi-noi-dia_22050353.jpg

xe-tang-viet-nam-manh-me-hon-voi-thiet-bi-noi-dia_22051943.jpg

xe-tang-viet-nam-manh-me-hon-voi-thiet-bi-noi-dia_22050248.jpg

xe-tang-viet-nam-manh-me-hon-voi-thiet-bi-noi-dia_22051322.jpg

xe-tang-viet-nam-manh-me-hon-voi-thiet-bi-noi-dia_22052266.jpg

xe-tang-viet-nam-manh-me-hon-voi-thiet-bi-noi-dia_22051467.jpg

I see no problem with these old boys. VN is not an ideal battlefield for tanks, especially the VN-China border area. Also morden anti-tank weapons platforms are much more advanced and cheaper than tanks. VN tanks should only be used as infantry support, not spear head of a charge or attack (of course it depends on the situation).

Back
Top Bottom