What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

They make good and bad things (and everything in between). If they offer something that VN can use, why not. F-16s would be nice. AEGIS for VN is not an option anyway. The Israelis are taking over the air defense role I think, they have a lot to offer.
Sure, we love its F-16, and it will help VN to avoid using the same jet fighters wt CN when war happen.
The chinese stock market collapse is just the first step, they have a few big holes in their economy, it only takes something else to trigger a chain reaction and bye bye chinese economy. Its just a matter of time
Right, I think Vn should think abt the plan to retake NanYue empire from now before others in Eight nations alliance may come and take that part from CN :)
upload_491a5b6c38466_123_22_121_242_ban%20do.jpg

The article says: "The sources said the negotiations slowed down after China voiced its concerns over Russia supplying Vietnam with state of the art arsenal."

This is what we were concerned about. This means that Russia is no longer a reliable and trusted ally. Need to go further in the direction of western, particularly Israeli weapon systems. Can't depend too much on Russia.
One question Gepard class using which gas turbine?

The first batch uses one made in Ukraine, but for the second batch (in construction now) Ukraine didn't want to deliver to Russia, so VN had to buy from Germany.
So, with which engine Russian going to deliver with? German?

The engine is OEM responsibility, not of VN. :/

I agree with everything that you said, my point was to not depend on them TOO MUCH, that's all.

They make good and bad things (and everything in between). If they offer something that VN can use, why not. F-16s would be nice. AEGIS for VN is not an option anyway. The Israelis are taking over the air defense role I think, they have a lot to offer.

The chinese stock market collapse is just the first step, they have a few big holes in their economy, it only takes something else to trigger a chain reaction and bye bye chinese economy. Its just a matter of time.
bro, I am a fan of aegis destroyer. we need it for fleet defence. I lay my hope on the shoulder of the communist boss when he visits Barack Obama next week. the moment our Navy gets a squadron of aegis destroyers, is the moment I will quit this forum. Mission accomplished :D

Vietnam Communist Party chief to meet Obama on landmark U.S. trip| Reuters

800px-USS_Mustin_%28DDG-89%29_front.jpg

1024px-USS_Vincennes_%28CG-49%29_Aegis_large_screen_displays.jpg

Last edited:
Among the topics being discussed in Tokyo, delivery of new patrol boats from Japan and cooperation on counter terrorism.

News›Asia›Diplomacy
SOUTH CHINA SEA DISPUTE
Japan PM Shinzo Abe and Vietnam PM Nguyen Tan Dung share ‘serious concerns’ about Chinese reclamation

China claims sovereignty over most of the South China Sea, which is a vital shipping lane and believed to have rich fishing grounds.

PUBLISHED : Sunday, 05 July, 2015, 11:27am
UPDATED : Sunday, 05 July, 2015, 11:27am
Associated Press in Tokyo

japan-mekong-summit-diplomacy_jpn66.jpg

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said Saturday he has shared deep concern with Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung over land reclamation work in the South China Sea, taking aim at China’s attempts to change the status quo.

Abe said at a joint press conference with Dung after their talks that they “shared serious concerns over unilateral attempts to change the status quo,” without singling out China but apparently bearing in mind China’s growing maritime assertiveness.

“Our countries will further cooperate in building order at sea, land and air,” he said as they met after a summit of Japan and five Southeast Asian countries along the Mekong River, including Vietnam as well as Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Thailand.

Tensions in the South China Sea have been exacerbated in recent months due to the massive and fast-faced reclamation work which includes military installations. Other Asian countries and the United States have voiced their concerns over Beijing’s moves.

Dung said at the same news conference that he and Abe agreed on the importance of upholding the freedom of navigation.

China claims sovereignty over most of the South China Sea, which is a vital shipping lane and believed to have rich fishing grounds. Rival claimants in the dispute are Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan, with Vietnam being vocal in opposing China’s push for overlapping territorial claims.

Dung also asked Japan for new patrol boats to protect his country’s seas, and Abe responded by saying Japan will discuss the matter to make it happen at an early date, Japan’s Foreign Ministry said.

Dung said he agreed as well with Abe to boost measures to counter terrorism.

Beyond their cooperation on maritime security and other global issues, Abe and Dung agreed to work together to pursue Vietnam’s infrastructure development.

On the occasion of their talks, Japan and Vietnam signed several agreements including providing yen loans totaling US$538.1 million for projects aimed at improving the Southeast Asian country’s power and water systems, and grant aid of around US$29.8 million.

Pushing for better infrastructure in Vietnam, which together with Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar is considered one of the less-developed members of Asean, is in line with Abe’s investment initiative announced in May to provide US$110 billion to promote “quality infrastructure” in Asia over the next five years.

Japanese government data show that as of 2013, per capita gross domestic product was US$2,073 in Vietnam, US$1,628 in Laos, US$1,103 in Myanmar and US$1,018 in Cambodia, compared with US$5,390 in Thailand, one of the leading countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.

The average for Asean countries – also comprising Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore – is about US$3,839.

old picture about stationary tank turret on island , the remain of the tank got transported back to mainland and acted as a medic vehicle :) Now we are using turrets from PT-76 , T-54 , Type-59 , Type-63 :)

Attachments

• T-34 on TS.jpg
    T-34 on TS.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 54
1, 2, 3, now 4 kilo submarines in a row. a sea power in the making.
hinh-anh-tau-ngam-hq185-roi-khoi-tau-me_21430789.jpg

Is this our new Gepard frigate that is being under negotiation with the russian shipyard Zelenodolsk?
very special design. with extra compartments left and right for missile installation and heli pad.
chien-ham-gepard-viet-nam-co-anh-em-cuc-doc_5646962.jpg

SU-27 figher with infra-red search and track (IRST) system. for detecting and tracking objects which give off infrared radiation such as jet aircraft and helicopters.
su27-viet-nam-co-trang-bi-tram-tim-kiem-ols_4530269.jpg

What does the army in Mozambique?

Senior Lieutenant General Vo Tien Trung visits the country from June 30 to July 2. a present for the host: a donation of teaching equipment worth US$200,000 to the Mozambican Defence Academy, and providing training to 50 Mozambican policemen to attend international training courses at the Vietnamese People’s Police Academy this year.
Mozambique%20VOV.VN_copy.jpg

Well............Thank god that we only holding it and not using it :)

Attachments

• SA 80.jpg
    SA 80.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 66
Today I want to do something different, namely to comment on China´s White Paper, or Military Strategy, or bluntly how China organises its Armed Forces in peace time, under which conditions will it go to war. what implications will its White Paper have on Vietnam. Taking into consideration the imbalance of power between China and Vietnam. Not to mention the fear making Chinese Nuclear Forces. Sadly, as Vietnam does not possess nuclear weapons yet, so an ultimate deterrence does not exist. The State Council is basically the government of China.

Due to lack of time, I will comment piece by piece.

http://eng.mod.gov.cn/Database/WhitePapers/

China's Military Strategy

The State Council Information Office of the People's Republic of China
May 2015, Beijing

Preface
I. National Security Situation
II. Missions and Strategic Tasks of China's Armed Forces
III. Strategic Guideline of Active Defense
IV. Building and Development of China's Armed Forces
V. Preparation for Military Struggle
VI. Military and Security Cooperation

Last edited:
T-62 , about 200 of them form the best tank that VN can currently deploy..........well i really hope we can upgrade the entire T-54/55 fleet to the AMV or purchase something new ASAP

Attachments

• T-62 line up.jpg
    T-62 line up.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 68
12,7mm NSV machine gun on coast guard vessels

viet-nam-trang-bi-sung-may-nsv-cho-phuong-tien-nao_30172446.jpg

viet-nam-trang-bi-sung-may-nsv-cho-phuong-tien-nao_301724935.jpg

viet-nam-trang-bi-sung-may-nsv-cho-phuong-tien-nao_301728376.jpg

viet-nam-trang-bi-sung-may-nsv-cho-phuong-tien-nao_301727904.jpg

viet-nam-trang-bi-sung-may-nsv-cho-phuong-tien-nao_301725890.jpg

KRATZ , this will soon be the main stay of VN transportation unit , replace all the previous GAZ model

Attachments

• Navy heavy cargo truck (Kraz).jpg
    Navy heavy cargo truck (Kraz).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom