What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Question is, India and US why not provide nuclear guarantees to Vietnam in future?
Right now, among the many powerful US Senators visiting to Vietnam is the hardliner John McCain. many say he is a warmonger. Also the Pentagon Chief Ashton Carter. All of them are in Vietnam for secret talks. A alliance with US/JP is a very possibility as the Chinese show no sign of compromise. if we join, a nuclear umbrella is a must. Plus we will demand a massive military aid for a possible negative response from China.

a decision can be made during the upcoming visit of the VCP boss and his Politburo members to Washington.

Alaska Sen. Sullivan to join Sen. McCain on trip to Vietnam - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner: Alaska News

McCain_Congress_Vietnam.jpg

Last edited:
Right now, among the many powerful US Senators visiting to Vietnam is the hardliner John McCain. many say he is a warmonger. Also the Pentagon Chief Ashton Carter. All of them are in Vietnam for secret talks. A alliance with US/JP is a very possibility as the Chinese show no sign of compromise. if we join, a nuclear umbrella is a must. Plus we will demand a massive military aid for a possible negative response from China.

a decision can be made during the upcoming visit of the VCP boss and his Politburo members to Washington.

Alaska Sen. Sullivan to join Sen. McCain on trip to Vietnam - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner: Alaska News

Actually you not able to see big picture,

In the end Vietnam would be part of QSD for which US and Japan trying harder.

One thing nuclear sharing/guarantees only happen if Vietnam ,India and USA create a permanent militaristic alliance.

The Vietnam get the same nuclear guarantees that what the Japan receiving now.

Actually you not able to see big picture,

In the end Vietnam would be part of QSD for which US and Japan trying harder.

One thing nuclear sharing/guarantees only happen if Vietnam ,India and USA create a permanent militaristic alliance.

The Vietnam get the same nuclear guarantees that what the Japan receiving now.
what is QSD?
will India abandon the actual non-alignment policy?

what is QSD?
Quadrilateral Security Dialogue. Ultimately it took shape of military treaty. And definitely Vietnam, Philippines and Singapore would be founding members of this treaty.

But I doubt about other ASEAN members, one thing it would change the whole balance of power in Asia,

and for Vietnam, it become much more powerful in South East Asia. The Indonesia or Malaysia not gonna like this. They definitely kick the Vietnam out from ASEAN, ultimately ASEAN become irrelevant.

will India abandon the actual non-alignment policy?

NAM policies is already abandoned, currently India just playing game to delay the choosing of a side, but ultimately it choose.

Its crystal clear now, why PM Shinzo Abe is in so much love with PM Modi.

Last edited:
Vietnam Navy

so slowly we understand why the Gepard frigates #3 and #4 are more expensive ($350 million each) than the first pair. the frigate will be designed as truly multirole warship, equipped with ASW, torpedo tubes, SAM and ship generators with improved features. the most important improvement is increased SAM firepower. so the first pair Gepard frigate´s capability to defeat incoming enemy antiship missiles is weak.

As for SAM, besides 2 x 30mm 6K30GSh cannons, it is Sosna-R Palma x 8 missile system
  • laser-guided supersonic surface-to-air missile
  • designed to engage aircraft, guided aerial bombs and cruise missiles at ranges between 1,300 and 8,000 meters at altitudes of up to 3,500 meters
  • highly maneuverable, can withstand 52g
  • engage airborne targets flying at altitudes above two meters
  • top speed Mach 4

Sosnar-R Palma artillery missile system
p-210.gif

palma-1_qovj.jpg

f38b415bbf-2-palma-kienthuc-2-svok.jpeg

Last edited:
Quadrilateral Security Dialogue. Ultimately it took shape of military treaty. And definitely Vietnam, Philippines and Singapore would be founding members of this treaty.

But I doubt about other ASEAN members, one thing it would change the whole balance of power in Asia,

and for Vietnam, it become much more powerful in South East Asia. The Indonesia or Malaysia not gonna like this. They definitely kick the Vietnam out from ASEAN, ultimately ASEAN become irrelevant.

NAM policies is already abandoned, currently India just playing game to delay the choosing of a side, but ultimately it choose.

also, I think sooner or later a regional military alliance is necessary. it will come. inevitably.

why?

China will not compromise. why should China ease arrogance and aggression? there is no reason to do so. she considers Vietnam and other small nations are weak, betting nobody will stand up. as for Asean, Cambodia gets chinese payments for sabotage and denial. other weaklings and cowards as Malaysia and Indonesia will never have the guts to confront the bully and help Vietnam or Philippines. Thailand and Burma have their own domestic problems, no interest no stakes in the SC Sea. I wish our nations India and Vietnam can do more together, for instance more cooperations of building warships, aircraft, cruise missiles, space technology, nuclear energy, etc. aka defence industry.

bro, we live in a world, where there is no place for the weak.

Last edited:
the most important improvement is increased SAM firepower. so the first pair Gepard frigate´s capability to defeat incoming enemy antiship missiles is weak.

As for SAM, besides 2 x 30mm 6K30GSh cannons, it is Sosna-R Palma x 8 missile system
  • designed to engage aircraft, guided aerial bombs and cruise missiles at ranges between 1,300 and 8,000 meters at altitudes of up to 3,500 meters
  • top speed Mach 4

p-210.gif

palma-1_qovj.jpg

What increased SAM firepower? Its exactly the same as in the first 2 Gepards. I don't see the reasons for the big price difference.

also, I think sooner or later a regional military alliance is necessary. it will come. inevitably.

why?

China will not compromise. why should China ease arrogance and aggression? there is no reason to do so. she considers Vietnam and other small nations are weak, betting nobody will stand up. as for Asean, Cambodia gets chinese payments for sabotage and denial. other weaklings and cowards as Malaysia and Indonesia will never have the guts to confront the bully and help Vietnam or Philippines. Thailand and Burma have their own domestic problems, no interest no stakes in the SC Sea. I wish our nations India and Vietnam can do more together, for instance more cooperations of building warships, aircraft, cruise missiles, space technology, nuclear energy, etc. aka defence industry.

bro, we live in a world, where there is no place for the weak.

As I said a few days ago, these are the first steps towards the foundation of the Asia Pacific Nato.

• top speed Mach 4

p-210.gif

palma-1_qovj.jpg

Palma is a crappy air defense system, That's why the Russian navy does not use it, its only for export.

It can only hit targets traveling up to a speed of mach 1.5, that's too little.
The laser guidance system will not work in heavy rain / fog. Useless.

This is inevitable, and Shinzo Abe is on front foot to create such a alliance.

as for Asean, Cambodia gets chinese payments for sabotage and denial. other weaklings and cowards as Malaysia and Indonesia will never have the guts to confront the bully and help Vietnam or Philippines. Thailand and Burma have their own domestic problems, no interest no stakes in the SC Sea.
During late 70s, Singapore asked the security guarantees from India, and the agreement was signed that in case Indonesia invade Singapore, then India send a fleet of its navy including carrier and a division of Indian Army to protect Singapore. Singapore was very threatened by East Timor crisis.

But this time we see a formal treaty that would be signed by India, USA, Japan, Australia, Vietnam, Philippines and Singapore.

I dont expect Indonesia join this, he already think he is big brother of South East Asia, but as the Japan and India jumped inside the politics of South East Asia, and rolled there dice and play a new great game. The Indonesia definitely feel threatened and ask security guarantees from PRC.

I wish our nations India and Vietnam can do more together, for instance more cooperations of building warships, aircraft, cruise missiles, space technology, nuclear energy, etc. aka defence industry.
Definitely bro, ISRO already setting up Ground Stations in Vietnam.

Behind the scene whats going om, you can conclude this that what Ground Station actually means.

Last edited:

QSD is the starting step for what I call the Asia Pacific Nato. I think its going to speed up big time. Thanks China, you couldn't even be any more stupid (to your own interest) even if you were to do it on purpose. :tup:

What increased SAM firepower? Its exactly the same as in the first 2 Gepards. I don't see the reasons for the big price difference.

As I said a few days ago, these are the first steps towards the foundation of the Asia Pacific Nato.

Palma is a crappy air defense system, That's why the Russian navy does not use it, its only for export.

It can only hit targets traveling up to a speed of mach 1.5, that's too little.
The laser guidance system will not work in heavy rain / fog. Useless.
Aaaaaa...what is the better choice for our warships to defeat chinese antiship missiles?

Aaaaaa...what is the better choice for our warships to defeat chinese antiship missiles?

If you are talking about western systems that can fit there, MICA, Barak 8, (ideal system), Umkhonto, CAMM, etc.
If you are talking Russian: Shtil, Redut - Poliment, Naval Pantsir.

Last edited:
If you are talking about western systems that can fit there, MICA, Barak 8, (ideal system), Umkhonto, CAMM, etc.
If you are talking Russian: Shtil, Redut - Poliment, Naval Pantzir.
is Vladimir Putin selling rubbish to his Viet comrades?
Shtil-1 was mentioned as SAM for our Gepards, but I don´t know what happened.

is Vladimir Putin selling rubbish to his Viet comrades?

No, the problem is that Vietnam made a choice for the cheapest, simplest of all the Gepard variants. There were much better choices, but Vietnam is getting what it has chosen.

Back
Top Bottom