What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

My 2 cents, it's better to know that US no longer consider Vietnam as enemy. That's why they offer the weapons, nuclear technology.

And it's not overnight, Vietnam become Russian enemy.
that will be the most stupid thing if we do so. no way.

BTW
Special force in army( Đặc Công)
anh-3-bai-6.jpg

a6-5123-1387677476.jpg

150110manh01.jpg

dac_cong_viet_nam_16.jpg
dac_cong_viet_nam_18.jpg

Special force in Police
images729923__nh_1.JPG

548821.jpg
honestly, I always laugh at these pictures. our people should learn some modern techniques from america and europe police and armed forces.

that will be the most stupid thing if we do so. no way.

honestly, I always laugh at these pictures. our people should learn some modern techniques from america and europe police and armed forces.
what kind of techniques

My friend, I've only posted a confirmation from Janes about the 6 defiant class. Then I've only asked one question whether Russia has donated anything these years. It was a simple yes/no answer question.

Read it over again, when did I say Russia is bad and have abandoned VietNam? That claim was not from me, maybe it was already in your mind?

I have not heard about VN making an official order for the P3c yet. Can you provide a link? Otherwise, what's the point of asking where they are if they haven't been ordered yet?

You mean VN made an official order for P3c but the US haven't replied? Can you provide a link for this?

I've heard the Gepard has just been delayed. It's good that the Kilo delivery was very quick, but China received their Kilos 10 years earlier. They've also received tech to assemble Su-27 decades ago.

You want to license built US weapons now? Brother (or are you a sister?), it must take times. Just like if the US were to ask to use Cam Ranh, it must take times right? You can't just expect to ask today and be given by tommorow.
I don't see how is your point when you always linking more than the content, talk about VN and US, you link to Russia, and now China.You said you did not mean Russia abandon Vietnam, but why you take the example about Russial sell weapon to China as some kind of back-stabbing to VN.
Did you see any US weapon help VN protect our country ( not the weapon we got from Vietnam war).

Good weapon-good soldier wt much cheaper cost usually win in the battle. Just like T-34 Soviet defeat Nazi Panzer by number coz T-34 is much cheaper and can produce much faster .

VN can train 20 sappers with the same amount of Money to train one Navy Seal of US while one VN sapper can fight as well as one US Navy seal in VN war :)

I don't see how is your point when you always linking more than the content, talk about VN and US, you link to Russia, and now China.You said you did not mean Russia abandon Vietnam, but why you take the example about Russial sell weapon to China as some kind of back-stabbing to VN.
Did you see any US weapon help VN protect our country ( not the weapon we got from Vietnam war).

My friend, I really don't see why this needs to drag on like this. I've only asked one simple question with a yes or no answer. Then it should have ended there. I'm not here to argue against anyone.

No where did I said Russia has abandoned VN, etc. I did not make any claims about the US, Russia or China here. All of my responds were only direct replies to you and that other new member. For example, he argued that Russia was the true ally because they have sold weapons to VN so I just asked him whether that means that Russia is also a true ally of China because they have sold them weapons too. So I'm not making any claims, I'm just replying to your claims.

Actually I don't want to argue in this thread at all. If I was given an answer in the first place, I would have stop. I don't know why you would drag this out like this.

Also, I'm not sure if you and aqsuperman are real new Vietnamese members or just multi-account flamers here to start a fight. I'm still suspicious of you since you only stay here in this thread to start a fight but I have never seen you arguing anywhere else in the forums like the other Vietnamese members usually do (I'm not encouraging you to do it).

So I must respectfully end this debate here since this was not what I had intended.

Hope you understand.

My friend, I really don't see why this needs to drag on like this. I've only asked one simple question with a yes or no answer. Then it should have ended there. I'm not here to argue against anyone.

No where did I said Russia has abandoned VN, etc. I did not make any claims about the US, Russia or China here. All of my responds were only direct replies to you and that other new member. For example, he argued that Russia was the true ally because they have sold weapons to VN so I just asked him whether that means that Russia is also a true ally of China because they have sold them weapons too. So I'm not making any claims, I'm just replying to your claims.

Actually I don't want to argue in this thread at all. If I was given an answer in the first place, I would have stop. I don't know why you would drag this out like this.

Also, I'm not sure if you and aqsuperman are real new Vietnamese members or just multi-account flamers here to start a fight. I'm still suspicious of you since you only stay here in this thread to start a fight but I have never seen you arguing anywhere else in the forums like the other Vietnamese members usually do (I'm not encouraging you to do it).

So I must respectfully end this debate here since this was not what I had intended.

Hope you understand.
First, I don't want to waste my time for argue about something, my point is Vietnam can be friend with all other countries in the world, as long as they don't harm Vietnam, and I don't want to compare one friend with other friend like that

First, I don't want to waste my time for argue about something, my point is Vietnam can be friend with all other countries in the world, as long as they don't harm Vietnam, and I don't want to compare one friend with other friend like that
you should begin to learn some basic 1*1 in foreign policy:

- there is no free lunch.
- there is no engel in this world.
- there are no permanent friends, just permanent interests.
- nations act on their own national egoistic interests, not on friendship to other.
- nations bound to cooperate when their interests overlap.
- friend today, foe tomorrow. thing can change quickly. see russia and ukraine.
- russia cannot give vietnam massive economic and military aid that the US promises.
- we are not going to abandon russia. we keep the status quo, but in some fields we may need some calibrations.

you should begin to learn some basic 1*1 in foreign policy:

- there is no free lunch.
- there is no engel in this world.
- there are no permanent friends, just permanent interests.
- nations act on their own national egoistic interests, not on friendship to other.
- nations bound to cooperate when their interests overlap.
- friend today, foe tomorrow. thing can change quickly. see russia and ukraine.
- russia cannot give vietnam massive economic and military aid that the US promises.
- we are not going to abandon russia. we keep the status quo, but in some fields we may need some calibrations.
Totally agrre with that, I just hate some person who want Vietnam ignore Russia and become US ally just because US provide VN some free ships

There're some support in secret. I can't list all for you, because I know little.
Do you know:
- By accident, we know recently the crashed UH-1A was serviced in USA in 2012. It's logical, because they can't fly now without American support.
- By wikileak we know American give support to create training facilities of Vietnam Coast Guards ( formerly Vietnam Marine Police ), send their instructors to Vietnam, and bring our guys to American for training since 2007-2008.
I could share you many photos for that activity.
Not suddenly, they provided us LRAD devices mount into our Coast Guard ships, or fast patrol boat. That's a long procedure.
- Without American ease of ban for weapon sale, Vietnam can't get the Sigma-class corvette/frigate or similar ones. And Airbus C295M too.

Last edited:
Totally agrre with that, I just hate some person who want Vietnam ignore Russia and become US ally just because US provide VN some free ships
there are no signs we weaken our strategic relationship to the russians. though we need some calibrations. the US donates the 6 vessels as a gift for the coast guard, a gift of 20 years of normalisation. there is no US demand in this gift. I think the US just wants to test our reaction, and of the russians.

Good weapon-good soldier wt much cheaper cost usually win in the battle. Just like T-34 Soviet defeat Nazi Panzer by number coz T-34 is much cheaper and can produce much faster .

VN can train 20 sappers with the same amount of Money to train one Navy Seal of US while one VN sapper can fight as well as one US Navy seal in VN war :)
we should go with the time. the US navy seal is great. or how about the GSG9 and KSK, the german special forces.
image-40093-galleryV9-xfme.jpg
image-170048-galleryV9-hjmg.jpg

we should go with the time. the US navy seal is great. or how about the GSG9 and KSK, the german special forces.
View attachment 204793 View attachment 204791
VN has hot, wet, rainy weather wt lots of mud every where, you will be exhausted quickly if wearing this suit and u will be sunk in the mud,too.

wounded-comrade.gif

So, wearing like VN sapper is the best choice to fight in the place like VN-Laos-Camb-Thailand etc.

dac-cong-vn.jpg

except IED troops none of our force wear anything remotely heavy (the Naval Infantry and Border Troops do wear some protection but that it) , in VN war US troops weared vest , backpack , guns , nades , kits ,...........we weared a pant and a AK :3

Attachments

• IED expert.jpg
    IED expert.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom