What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

My friend, this is NOT an assumption or rumour. The US donating an extra 6 Defiant Class Offshore Patrol Vessels to VietNam has already been confirmed by Janes. And the US also provides full training to the VietNamese crew, for free.

A question to my VietNamese brothers and @Carlosa : What assets has Russia donated to Viet Nam to help deal with the SCS dispute?

So far, I've seen the US issuing a report to reject the 9 dash-lines. And they are donating patrol vessels and providing training to VietNamese officers for free. What about Russia?

Russia provide vietnam some bomber new Tu95 , some long range air to air missile . and groud to ground missile with a map for strike target.

Russia is ready to provide weapons for Vietnam is OK.

I'm talking about free training and donated vessels. Those vessels and training are provided free to Viet Nam from the US (foreign military aid).

Those weapons from Russia were all paid by VietNam. Those are just business deal. Russia selling their weapons to VietNam, just like how Russia have sold weapons and components to China.

So, have Russia donated anything for free to VietNam during these past few years?

Russia provide vietnam some bomber new Tu95 , some long range air to air missile . and groud to ground missile with a map for strike target.

Hey friend, I think you are a Chinese. I once read you describing an Island as "Thai Binh tao", which means it is written in Chinese grammar. And what you've said about that Tu95 bomber, etc. is not true.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

We need more, not less sources of weapon. Donation is owe.
The positive aspect? Russian has no longer reason to sell at high price, delay delivery.

Just because they give us 6 boat and some training for free plus some "words" about the sea and we have to cut our ties with Russia (by not letting them use our base for refuel ) ? we have 2 words for that in Vietnamese : NHẢM CỨT :3 1 guy give you a gun for free but wont let you buy anything more from him or his friends ( and have a history of back-stabbing you , placing embargo on you and raising a bunch of jack-*** just wait to kill you ) and then we have this guy that just simply sell you weapon NO CONDITION ATTACHED ..............if you have a working brain you must know the difference between them , VN need weapons , donation is cool too , but plz dont even compare what US and Russian give us then just jump right to the conclusion that US is the better ones , that sound pretty dumb , we need things that go boom , not patrol boats and "words" . Surely China fear our Kh-35 , Yakhont and Kilo more than US boats and "words" , those boats and words cant get philipine back his Scarbarough , so as our islands

Vietnam would postpone any request to land IL-78 to Cam Ranh for a while.
Damen-Stan-Patrol-3207-Metal-Shark-100-Defiant.jpg

Russia is ready to provide weapons for Vietnam is OK.
the russians should do more than just selling weapons. that is too litle.

Just because they give us 6 boat and some training for free plus some "words" about the sea and we have to cut our ties with Russia (by not letting them use our base for refuel ) ? we have 2 words for that in Vietnamese : NHẢM CỨT :3 1 guy give you a gun for free but wont let you buy anything more from him or his friends ( and have a history of back-stabbing you , placing embargo on you and raising a bunch of jack-*** just wait to kill you ) and then we have this guy that just simply sell you weapon NO CONDITION ATTACHED ..............if you have a working brain you must know the difference between them , VN need weapons , donation is cool too , but plz dont even compare what US and Russian give us then just jump right to the conclusion that US is the better ones , that sound pretty dumb , we need things that go boom , not patrol boats and "words" . Surely China fear our Kh-35 , Yakhont and Kilo more than US boats and "words" , those boats and words cant get philipine back his Scarbarough , so as our islands
relax bro. we all know nothing is free in this world. the US has its intentions when she supports Vietnam. nobody should be naive in thinking, the americans are engels. no, the US just wants to advance their own agenda and hegemony. I don´t think it is a wise move to cut off the tie to Russia. nobody with the right mind will do. at present there is no reason to do so.

the question now is how we can balance our relationship between the interests of america and russia?

Vietnam would postpone any request to land IL-78 to Cam Ranh for a while.
Damen-Stan-Patrol-3207-Metal-Shark-100-Defiant.jpg
no, that is not possible in the short term. we have a contract requesting us to fullfill our obligations towards russia.

We need more, not less sources of weapon. Donation is owe.
The positive aspect? Russian has no longer reason to sell at high price, delay delivery.

Hi friend, I didn't say that VietNam should not buy Russian weapons anymore. I didn't mean it that way. The US never said VietNam cannot buy Russian weapons either. In fact, US allies like South Korea has also acquired Russian equipments.

relax bro. we all know nothing is free in this world. the US has its intentions when she supports Vietnam. nobody should be naive in thinking, the americans are engels. no, the US just wants to advance their own agenda and hegemony. I don´t think it is a wise move to cut off the tie to Russia. nobody with the right mind will do. at present there is no reason to do so.

Don't worry brother @Viet, I'm not offended. But be careful though, I'm suspicious whether he is a real Vietnamese or not (some Chinese from VN can write in Vietnamese too) . As you know, members often make a false flag account to troll. He talks like he's already been here for a while, not like a real new member. I've noticed that most new Viet members will directly go and fight with the Chinese members, like in that Chicken corruption thread. But this guy goes directly here in this Viet thread to pick a fight. Also notice how his arguments are almost exactly like what those Chinese members say in the Cam Ranh thread?.... Like how the US is forcing VietNam to cut ties with Russia, cannot have two husbands, US should not be trusted, etc... I think you still remember that exact argument in the Cam Ranh thread.

I don´t think it is a wise move to cut off the tie to Russia. nobody with the right mind will do. at present there is no reason to do so.

Don't be misled. The US didn't say VietNam must cut their ties with Russia. This is a claim often made by those Chinese members in the Cam Ranh thread.

Besides, Russia is unfortumately declining anyway. VietNam doesn't really have much option.

Delays again and then they still talk about ordering a third batch of Gepards from Russia, I hope not.

This is Google translated news.
Russia delayed handing the Gepard-3.9 for Vietnam
(Vietnam defense) Russia said it would back the plan to hand over the new Gepard 3.9 train couples for Vietnam to 2017 and 2018.
nga-lui-thoi-han-ban-giao-chien-ham-gepard3.9-cho-viet-nam_19836718.jpg
The pair Board Gepard 3.9 next will return home later than expected from 1 to 2 years.
The construction of Gepard 3.9 rocket ship pair Monday for Vietnam's Navy will slowed down from one to two years compared to previous plans, General Manager of Zelenodolsky shipyard, Mr. Renat Mistahov said at the maritime and international aviation LIMA 2015 in Langkawi, Malaysia.

"The transfer of 2 Board Gepard 3.9 next for Vietnam is expected in 2017 and 2018," said Renat Mistahov said.

"At present, both vessels had ended the second phase of construction. We have planned to finish the stage complete stage 3 at the end of April, to to start the download and installation of the equipment on board, "said Mistahov added.

"At present, the number of the 956 was transferred to the Assembly of electrical equipment, also the number of the 957 is performing other tasks.Everything was proceeding as planned, according to the current roadmap, "said Mistahov said and expressed hope that Gepard class will get the attention of many other countries.

Earlier, Chief Engineer working in Zelenodolsk plant, said Yevgeny Matveyev confirmed that the ship was still going smoothly and according to schedule as it should be.

"So far, we haven't seen any problems in the two vessels it all. Everything is on schedule ". Stage 2 test Board Gepard 3.9 Tuesday and Wednesday is expected to take place in the Baltic Sea in mid-2016, will then take place a formal handover ceremony.

However, according to the latest information from the Director General, the 2 handed Zelenodolsky Board Gepard 3.9 Tuesday and Wednesday for Vietnam will move to 2017 and 2018-i.e. slower than previous plans from 1 to 2 years.

Pair the new Gepard 3.9 ships shipyard in Gorky Zelenodolsky run close to the Navy Vietnam on 24/9/2013.

That means closing schedule for t i when testing and handing over 2,200-ton ship pair which Vietnam will take up to 4 years.

Surprisingly, Vietnam has built few dozen of this type ( Damen design too )
fcs-5009-giai-phap-bo-sung-tau-tuan-tra-cho-csb-viet-nam.jpg

Specification::
Length over all:: 53,25 m
Length moulded: 52,00 m
Beam over all: 10,10 m
Beam moulded: 9,00 m
Depth at side: 4,70 m
Draught aft: 3,20 m
Power: 6000 hp (4472 kW)
Speed: 20-30 knot
Normal speed: 22 knot
The range at max. speed 3100 nautical miles
Capacity of crew 80 - 100 people
Engine 4 x Caterpillar 3512C
Hull structure: Steel
Superstructure Aluminium

FSSdong.gif

FCS_5009_View_1.ashx

Don't worry brother @Viet, I'm not offended. But be careful though, I'm suspicious whether he is a real Vietnamese or not (some Chinese from VN can write in Vietnamese too) . As you know, members often make a false flag account to troll. He talks like he's already been here for a while, not like a real new member. I've noticed that most new Viet members will directly go and fight with the Chinese members, like in that Chicken corruption thread. But this guy goes directly here in this Viet thread to pick a fight. Also notice how his arguments are almost exactly like what those Chinese members say in the Cam Ranh thread?.... Like how the US is forcing VietNam to cut ties with Russia, cannot have two husbands, US should not be trusted, etc... I think you still remember that exact argument in the Cam Ranh thread.

you are right.

Could you disclose ur ID, where do you come from ?

Just because they give us 6 boat and some training for free plus some "words" about the sea and we have to cut our ties with Russia (by not letting them use our base for refuel ) ?

Hi welcome to PDF. No one here said VN must cut its tie with Russia. The US didn't demand that either.

1 guy give you a gun for free but wont let you buy anything more from him or his friends ( and have a history of back-stabbing you , placing embargo on you and raising a bunch of jack-*** just wait to kill you )

Sorry I'm afraid I'll have to label this as the typical anti-West rhetorics from Chinese state media.

and then we have this guy that just simply sell you weapon NO CONDITION ATTACHED

This guy (Russia) have also sold weapons to China, with no condition attached. I've checked the latest SIPRI update, this guy was still transferring military weapons and components to China in 2014.

The US didn't supply anything to China in 2014. You're right, I must know the difference between them.

..............if you have a working brain you must know the difference between them , VN need weapons , donation is cool too , but plz dont even compare what US and Russian give us then just jump right to the conclusion that US is the better ones , that sound pretty dumb ,

I didn't see anyone in this thread jumping right to the conclusion that "the US is the better one". Where did you get that from? I've only asked two questions, which you ignored. So I'll ask again:

1. During the past few years, have Russia donated any assets to VN? Even just things like old spare parts, have they donated anything?

2. Have Russia officially spoken up against the 9 dash lines?

These are just simple questions, with a yes or no answer. Don't know why you can't answer them.

we need things that go boom , not patrol boats and "words" . Surely China fear our Kh-35 , Yakhont and Kilo more than US boats and "words" , those boats and words cant get philipine back his Scarbarough , so as our islands

If you think that things that go "boom" will deter China, then why didn't China had any fear in 1988? Surely the Soviets in Cam Ranh at that time had bombers, fighters, frigates and lots of things that go "boom". But what was the result in 1988? can you tell me?

And a big nope to your last claim. China definitely fear the US more than the tiny amount of missiles, Kilos with a vulnerable port base, and the half-toothless Gerpard corvettes in Vietnam's inventory. I'm really sorry to say, but that's the truth.

you are right.

Could you disclose ur ID, where do you come from ?

I've already disclosed where I'm from with the long-term members here.

I don't judge people with the flags they put on. I only judge them with the contents of their posts. So even if you're flying a Viet flag or US flag or PRC flag, they are meaningless to me. And I find it meaningless to fly a flag here.

I must tell you : our domestic built Damen Stan Patrol 5009 is stronger than Stan patrol 4207 or Defiant 35 ... which American donates to Vietnam.

Last edited:
Vietnam still make Camranh base for hire, for multi customers, included USA and Russia. Claim of American is only very old kind of issue.

Back
Top Bottom