What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

** Rare picture of the Operation Center inside Vietnam Coast Guard Command. The center can communicate in realtime with at least 6 ships out in the sea, sending operation commands and receiving intelligence/visual reports with no delay. This proves that the Vietnam Coast Guard has built a C3 (Command, Control, Communication) structure, or even higher and more modern. And that's just the Coast Guard, not to mention the Navy or Air Force.

Operation Center inside Vietnam Coast Guard Command.jpg

Courtesy of the friendly people at comcom.

The deal is done, base on SIPRI report, VN agree to buy 2 Sigma from Holland, one is built in Holland, one may be built in VN.:partay:

Việt Nam mua chiến hạm Sigma: Chấm dứt mọi đồn đoán
(Quốc phòng Việt Nam) - Viện Nghiên cứu Hòa bình Quốc tế Stockholm (SIPRI) vừa công bố, Hải quân Việt Nam đã chính thức ký hợp đồng mua 2 chiến hạm lớp Sigma của Hà Lan.
Việt Nam mua chiến hạm Sigma: Chấm dứt mọi đồn đoán - DVO - Báo Đất Việt
Google trans

Vietnam to buy warships Sigma : Ending all speculation
( Defense Vietnam ) - Research Institute of the Stockholm International Peace ( SIPRI ) announced , Navy Vietnam has officially signed a contract to buy two ships of the Dutch Sigma class .

from the list, this is the new improved bps-500 class.
BPS5001_1.jpg

so this lonely ship will be no longer lonely.
BPS5003_1.jpg

Noooooo, the BPS-500 will continue to be lonely.

Look at the date on that entry, it refers to the original BPS-500 project, it was originally 2 ships, the second was under construction when the problems in the first one came up and then they dismantled the second ship.

Noooooo, the BPS-500 will continue to be lonely.

Look at the date on that entry, it refers to the original BPS-500 project, it was originally 2 ships, the second was under construction when the problems in the first one came up and then they dismantled the second ship.
oh too sad...lonely heart.

Public Security Minister General Tran Dai Quan makes a rare visit to Washington, meeting with US Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson, Assistant Attorney General Leslie Caldwell and our special friend: the commie hater and hardcore neocon John McCain.
Tran-Dai-Quang.jpg

My.jpg

My1.jpg

Damen-Sea-Axe-Bow-Stan-Patrol-5009-Metal-Shark-165-Defiant.jpg

New assumption about type of ship that Us gonna aid Vietnam: Defiant class

My friend, this is NOT an assumption or rumour. The US donating an extra 6 Defiant Class Offshore Patrol Vessels to VietNam has already been confirmed by Janes. And the US also provides full training to the VietNamese crew, for free.

A question to my VietNamese brothers and @Carlosa : What assets has Russia donated to Viet Nam to help deal with the SCS dispute?

So far, I've seen the US issuing a report to reject the 9 dash-lines. And they are donating patrol vessels and providing training to VietNamese officers for free. What about Russia?

Back
Top Bottom