What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

No! Dan Brown is rubbish, he just copy ideas from here and there and paste them together.

Check out Umberto Eco. He is much better.

Oh ok, thank you, I'll check him out and I'll use your link. :enjoy:

merry christmas to all. I watched recently a DVD film: "Nachrichten aus der Ferne" of Danielle Steel. A very emotional drama about love and death. a good film about the Vietnam war.

51hxM8hqyRL[1].jpg

Die Heldin des Films ist die lebhafte Paxton Andrews, die aus Savannah stammt und die Rolle einer typischen Schönheit aus dem Süden verkörpert. Für ihr Journalismus-Studium geht sie nach Berkeley und ist bald noch viel weiter weg von ihrer Heimat. Während des Studiums verliebt sich Paxton unsterblich in den Jusstudenten Peter Wilson, Sohn eines Zeitungsmoguls.

Doch tragischerweise fällt Peter im Vietnamkrieg, woraufhin sie als Journalistin nach Vietnam geht, um die wahren Begebenheiten des Krieges zu schildern. Dort lernt sie auch einen US-Soldaten kennen, in den sie sich verliebt. Aber dieses Glück ist nicht von Dauer, denn auch er stirbt in Vietnam. Nach dem Tod des US-Soldaten kehrt sie zurück in die USA, aber bekommt Vietnam nicht aus ihrem Kopf. Deshalb kehrt sie nach Vietnam zurück und arbeitet weiter als Journalistin. Nach einiger Zeit verleibt sie sich in einen US-Offizier mit dem sie in letzter Minute das Land verlassen kann.

freetext google translated:

The heroine of the film is the lively Paxton Andrews, which comes from Savannah and plays the role of a typical beauty from the south. For her journalism degree, she went to Berkeley and was soon much further away from her homeland. During her studies, Paxton fallen in love with the law student Peter Wilson, the son of a newspaper mogul.

But tragically, Peter falls in the Vietnam War, after which she goes as a journalist to Vietnam to portray the true events of the war. There she learns to know a US soldier with whom she falls in love. But this happiness is not permanent , because he also died in Vietnam. After the death she returns to the US, but can not get Vietnam out of her head . Therefore, she returns to Vietnam and continues to work as a journalist . After some time she finds herself in love with a US officer with whom she can leave the country in the last minute.

DanielleSteelNachrichtausderFerne-Filmszene-156425[1].jpg

DanielleSteelNachrichtausderFerne-Filmszene-156422[1].jpg

DanielleSteelNachrichtausderFerne-Filmszene-156424[1].jpg

Last edited:
From comcom:

** T-54 tanks before a regular track maintenance. Some aging T-54/55 units are due to be replaced with upgraded T-72B3V and T-90SV main battle tanks. Also the new MBT based on Armata combat platform is being considered.

000aa.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14.5 mm remote controlled gun turret produced by Vietnam by the Weapons Institute.
It can be installed in vehicles or ships. It has infrared sensors that detect and track targets. It can be used in manual or auto mode where the gun is guided by the infrared sensors.

000aaa.jpg

See video:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14.5 mm anti-aircraft machine gun mounted on a truck with optoelectronic sighting system

14.5 mm anti-aircraft machine gun mounted on a truck with optoelectronic sighting system copy.jpg

Last edited:
I was surprised too, but I think its directed mainly against Philippines because don't forget that they also claim and have control of Viet islands so VN needs to defend its own claims with Philippines.
Phillipines is not a really big threat you know.. Their flagship doesn't even have missile launchers...

Phillipines is not a really big threat you know.. Their flagship doesn't even have missile launchers...

All that talk is about claims, its very clear that Philippines does not pose a military threat to Vietnam.

The fifth submarine of project 636.1 "Đà Nẵng" for Vietnam People's Navy launched today. No photo yet.

Vietnam planning to acquire T-72\90? Any news for that?

No official news, but as I understand, Vietnam already deployed a limited number of T-90S. T-72 is already in Vietnam, but VN has never given official confirmation, something that is quite typical for Vietnam. VN is very secretive about these things tovarish.

The fifth submarine of project 636.1 "Đà Nẵng" for Vietnam People's Navy launched today. No photo yet.
here is the pic. and here again the complete list of the subs:
  • HQ-182 Hanoi
  • HQ-183 Ho Chi Minh City
  • HQ-184 Hai Phong
  • HQ-185 Khanh Hoa
  • HQ-186 Da Nang
  • HQ-187 Ba Ria-Vung Tau

don-dap-tin-moi-ve-tau-ngam-kilo-cua-viet-nam_30942407[1].jpg

I have just skimmed through the latest Vietnam Defence & Security Report for Q1 2015 released by BMI.

I will read it more thoroughly after my holiday or when I have some free time.

Some sneak peak:

- T-72, T-90s from India, Gepard Shtil-1, France partnership, Sigma frigates. Some strange stuff, don't know if they are all true.

I have just skimmed through the latest Vietnam Defence & Security Report for Q1 2015 released by BMI.

Some sneak peak:

- T-72, T-90s from India, Gepard Shtil-1, France partnership, Sigma frigates. Some strange stuff, don't know if they are all true.

How sure are you about the T-72 & T-90 part from India or maybe we are going to provide training for T-90s & spare parts

Some sneak peak:

why are you banned?
okie, pls post the report when you come back.

...continued
Vietnamese American Armed Forces Association- Vaafa

thieu-ta-Chris-Phan5-2001.jpg
Thiếu Tá Chris Phan, Chủ Tịch VAAFA

dai-uy-elizabeth-pham-2001.jpg
Đại Úy Elizabeth Phạm, nữ phi công của Marine lái chiến đấu cơ F/A 18

dai-ta-viet-luong-2001.jpg
Đại Tá Việt Lương, chỉ huy trưởng Lữ Đòan 3 Nhảy Dù

trung-ta_Hung-Le7-2001.jpg

Trung Tá Hùng Lê, chỉ huy trưởng chiến hạm USS Lassen

trung-ta-son--ho6-2001.jpg
Trung Tá Sơn Hồ, huấn luyện lái trực thăng tác chiến Không Lực Hoa Kỳ

dai-uy-tin-Tran3-2001.jpg

Đại Úy Tín Trần, Sĩ Quan Liên Lạc Hạm Đội, thành viên VAAFA

sergeant-Hien-Tran4-2001[1].jpg

Thượng Sĩ Hiển Trần, thương binh từ chiến trường Iraq

Sailorawarded_1418251271790_10823634_ver1.0_640_480[1].jpg

Aviation Boatswain’s Mate 2nd Class Tu Chau

Some sneak peak:

Good job mate!! Happy new year!

That would explain why the T-72 / 90 had no official announcements.

Back
Top Bottom