What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

a news for our indonesian neighbor:
A ceremorny was held in Hanoi, on October 22nd to commemorate the 69th anniversary of the Indonesian National Defence Forces, with Colonel Susilo Adi Purwantoro, Defence Attaché of the Republic of Indonesia to Vietnam

image002.jpg

image001.jpg

Hanoi on October 21: Vietnam-US defence dialogue
the lady in blue is Amy Searight, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defence for South and Southeast Asia. she successfully negotiated with Vietnam to release Nguyen Van Hai, a jailed blogger.
image001.jpg

image002.jpg

interesting: the new UK Ambassador to Vietnam, Giles Lever visits the defence ministry. Vietnam informs him of the plan opening Defense Attache’ Office in the UK in the near future.
image001.jpg

Last edited:
congrats you viets to degrade yourself to hang around with india, the laughstock in the world. I wish you forget all what China taught you in the past 2000 years and wholeheartedly embrace india.
luckily we refused to learn how to massarce the own populace. nor exporting genocide to other country such as cambodia.

I hope so too. We'll find out soon.
thing becomes dirty. the visiting Chinese State Councilor, Yang Jiechi pays a visit to VN communism chief Nguyen Phu Trong.
I guess Yang will try his best talent to lull him of importance of communism brotherhood :tdown:
Trong.jpg.ashx

This program keeps going on and off, never know how the story ends.

Sorry bro, but that 105 mm gun can't perforate the best armor of today's tanks. Even the 125 mm can't perforate the armor of a T-90 tank. The 105 mm gun is the weak point of the upgrade, but still a much better tank than before the upgrade, but not cheap at $930.000 a piece.
true, the proposed upgrade is not cheap. do you know if our modernized T-55M3 is capable to destroy chinese tanks?

if not, the army is maybe under pressure to start to negotiate with the Russians that we can self produce T-90 tanks. I think 1,000 tanks are at least the goal to counter chinese tank army. nobody knows when they will run amok again. at last war 1979, the PLA sent 400 tanks into the battle. I guess they will send at least 1,000 tanks at next encounter.

true, the proposed upgrade is not cheap. do you know if our modernized T-55M3 is capable to destroy chinese tanks?

if not, the army is maybe under pressure to start to negotiate with the Russians that we can self produce T-90 tanks. I think 1,000 tanks are at least the goal to counter chinese tank army. nobody knows when they will run amok again. at last war 1979, the PLA sent 400 tanks into the battle. I guess they will send at least 1,000 tanks at next encounter.
you dream. why should we send tanks next time. we will just bomb you back into stoneage, it is more cost-effective.

you dream. why should we send tanks next time. we will just bomb you back into stoneage, it is more cost-effective.
bomb with your mouth :cheesy:
do you assume we don´t return the fire? we have enough stuffs to bomb southern china into ruins.

India has apparently approved the sales of brahmos cruise missiles. India will wait to enter the MTCR (Missile Technology Control Regime) before making a sale. Do you want to offer your ships as practice targets for our navy?

India ignores China's frown, offers defence boost to Vietnam - The Times of India

Last edited:

Its impossible to answer for sure without having data from actual combat or firing trials and can't depend on chinese date either since they love to make everything better than what it really is.
I would say that probably can't penetrate the armor of the type 99, but don't really know.

There are rumors about the russians going to set up a T-90 tank factory in VN for exports.

Don't forget also that north vietnam is not a good terrain for tanks.

VN already have several battalions of T-90's.

bomb with your mouth :cheesy:
do you assume we don´t return the fire? we have enough stuffs to bomb southern china into ruins.

India has apparently approved the sales of brahmos cruise missiles. India will wait to enter the MTCR (Missile Technology Control Regime) before making a sale. Do you want to offer your ships as practice targets for our navy?

India ignores China's frown, offers defence boost to Vietnam - The Times of India

Don't like that thing about having to wait to enter the MTCR (Missile Technology Control Regime) before making a sale, that would bring the range down to 300 km and don't know how long the wait will be.

most likely 4 saryu class 2,300t naval offshore patrol vessels
Ấn Độ sẽ chuyển giao cho Việt Nam 4 tàu tuần tra
2-image.jpg

I'm not sure about that, I think the picture in the article with that ship was just a sample of what is available. I've read that VN has not decided what shipyard to order from.

Last edited:
Its impossible to answer for sure without having data from actual combat or firing trials and can't depend on chinese date either since they love to make everything better than what it really is.
I would say that probably can't penetrate the armor of the type 99, but don't really know.

There are rumors about the russians going to set up a T-90 tank factory in VN for exports.
Don't forget also that north vietnam is not a good terrain for tanks.

VN already have several battalions of T-90's.
is the info credible that we already operate T-90?
Don't like that thing about having to wait to enter the MTCR (Missile Technology Control Regime) before making a sale, that would bring the range down to 300 km and don't know how long the wait will be.
India hesitates because it fears chinese retaliations. understandable.
I'm not sure about that, I think the picture in the article with that ship was just a sample of what is available. I've read that VN has not decided what shipyard to order from.
it is typical for vietnam. everything is a guess. we virtually know little until thing is officially disclosed.

Back
Top Bottom