What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Do you truly believe that we don't have anything superior to the S-400 in our inventory?

Whether Russia decides to sell you the S-400 or not will make no difference for us to squeeze you into submission in the modern battlefield.

Right now, we are in an intimidating mode, but we are not really desired to launch a war campaign against you, but don't ever try to test our patience.

So China buy S-400 just for pretending that China is still backward , while they have something better than S-400, means
better than current system Russia has ?

Sea Platforms

Indian stealth frigate visits Vietnam in bid to improve interoperability

Ridzwan Rahmat, Singapore - IHS Jane's Navy International
06 August 2014

1529648_-_main.jpg

Main gun of a Shivalik-class frigate INS Sahyadri. Sister ship INS Shivalik is in Vietnam to enhance interoperability between the navies of India and Vietnam. Source: IHS/Ridzwan Rahmat

The Indian Navy's Shivalik (Project 17)-class guided missile frigate INS Shivalik has arrived in Hai Phong, Vietnam, in a bid to improve working relationship and operational procedures between navies of the two countries.

An official statement released by the Indian Navy on 5 August described the port call as a visit that not only strengthens bilateral ties, but one that enhances interoperability between the two nations' navies as well. The release also gave details on the various activities that have been planned for the ship and its personnel during the three-day stay.

"On departure, the ship will exercise with Vietnamese naval ships for improving interoperability in communication, search-and-rescue procedures, and other areas," said the Indian Navy. No details on which naval ships Shivalik will be interacting with were given.

The vessel was earlier with two other Indian Navy vessels, the Rajput-class guided-missile destroyer INS Ranvijay and Deepak-class replenishment tanker INS Shakti , in the Indo-Russian bilateral naval exercise 'Indra 2014'. The vessels also participated in the trilateral naval exercise 'Malabar 2014', which involved the US Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force.

Shivalik is a 4,600-tonne vessel belonging to a class of three warships that were commissioned between 2010 and 2012. The Shivalik-class incorporates reduced radar cross-section and IR features into its superstructure and touted as the Indian Navy's "multi-purpose command-and-control platform capable of operating in a network-centric multi-threat environment".

At 'RIMPAC 2014', Shivalik's sister ship INS Sahyadri 's executive officer Lieutenant Commander Prasanna K Madhyastha told IHS Jane's that the Indian Navy is keen on exposing its officers to NATO-compliant procedures and international codes on operating naval vessels. Shivalik 's planned exercises with the People's Army of Vietnam Navy could be one of the Indian Navy's efforts to pursue this objective.

COMMENT
The Indian Navy's latest bid to enhance working relations with the Vietnamese could be a manifestation of India's 'necklace of diamonds' approach - a strategy in which it forges security and defence alliances with various Asian countries, especially ones with uneasy relationships with Beijing, to counter China's increasingly assertive stance in projecting its naval capabilities.

The latest port call follows several other signs of an improving relationship between the two countries. In December 2013, India announced that it will train 500 Vietnamese submariners to improve the PAVN's underwater warfare capabilities as part of the expanded strategic and defence ties between the two countries.

Related article: RIMPAC 2014: Indian Navy puts stealth frigate through paces at RIMPAC debut

Do you truly believe that we don't have anything superior to the S-400 in our inventory?

Whether Russia decides to sell you the S-400 or not will make no difference for us to squeeze you into submission in the modern battlefield.

Right now, we are in an intimidating mode, but we are not really desired to launch a war campaign against you, but don't ever try to test our patience.
wow ...squeezing us into submission?
we will see. when are you sending your missiles and jets to test the s-400 missile shield?

s-400.jpg

Some Russian weapons only delivered to Syria, Vietnam but not China ...
I'm sure the money is not the reason.

PM Nguyen meeting with John McCain. Nguyen is a man of pro US faction.
interesting: the hardliner McCain blames explicitly China´s claim in the SC Sea as the root cause of the current tension.

the arms embargo could end at next month: September.

Vietnam-US%201.jpg

Vietnam-US.jpg

wow ...squeezing us into submission?
we will see. when are you sending your missiles and jets to test the s-400 missile shield?

s-400.jpg

Why we would send our aircrafts in the first place?

An electronic warfare will blackout all your gadgets before the missile/aerial onslaught.

Do you really delusion US is god who can sanction anyone at will? Have you ever heard that US dare to put China and sanction together in recent years? without China lending, US government will close within a month, then who will implement sanction, ignorant viets.

We don't care Mccain's opinions about us. but be careful stupid viets, Mccain hated vietcong gooks the most according to himself.
At least, US can sanction and divide China into 2 parts (Main land - TW) and China is too weak to resist :pop:

Stick to topic, if you also want to catch up on daily life as I've seen in previous posts this is the wrong thread I suggest going to Members forum.

Vietnam should stop spending on your petty military and focus on economics and infrastructure. Aren't you have enough of war after the last century.

Vietnam should stop spending on your petty military and focus on economics and infrastructure. Aren't you have enough of war after the last century.
are you vietnamese? I guess not according to your postings.

Why we would send our aircrafts in the first place?

An electronic warfare will blackout all your gadgets before the missile/aerial onslaught.
you seem to have a magic box.

Yes I am Vietnamese lived in America who despise the current Communist government ( toi la nguoi Viet nam va toi cam thu Cong San)

Yes I am Vietnamese lived in America who despise the current Communist government ( toi la nguoi Viet nam va toi cam thu Cong San)
so you despise Vietnamese communist and love Chinese communist? how old are you?
I don´t like communism, either. but that does not mean I support our country´s enemy.

I never said that I love Chinese communism. However, I disgust how some Viet members in PDF keep trolling in other Chinese related threads and even antagonise Indonesian members.

most of Viet members are not communist, are new generation nationalists.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom