What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

I have a product line of sculptures, like Buddhist art (a lot of Buddha and Quan Am statues) and reproductions of ancient art such as Greek, Egyptian sculpture, etc. I get the product made for me for export to USA and Europe. I'm thinking about opening a workshop in Danang next year and make it there if everything goes well.

I can already smell the fuel from the F-16 engines.........

This is very important news because it will weaken the pro china faction in the vietnamese government. The ones that oppose the pro china faction can say "see, the US wants to help us?

Nga muốn bán S-400 cho Việt Nam trong tương lai gần

Don't you feel like a kid in the candy store?[/quote]
Yes, especially McCain met the head of VCP, a man of pro china faction. This encounter is probably the most important one in the series of US high profile visits to VN. Lifting arms embargo is not about selling or buying weapons but demonstrating how serious and honest America behaves toward it's former enemy.

As for s-400, it is interesting to note that the announcement comes shortly after Russia agrees to sell the toy to China. That shows the Russian don't want China to have an overwhelming advantage in aerial domain should it come to a confrontation with its comrade Vietnam. Conclusion, we can continue to rely on Russia that they will keep China in check despite the repeated shows of friendship. One should know Russia has its own version of pivot to Asia and fears Chinese rise as well.

For the leadership of VN, it is a huge challenge how to balance the relationship between the great powers America, China, Russia and Japan. Thing is not easier since Russia and the West are at war over Ukraine. It is difficult to assess the impact on the relationship with vladimir putin if we close a military alliance with America.

I think the next months will decide. Exciting times ahead.

All good luck for your business.

Last edited:
The Chinese boasting how much they helped us but they forget many Vietnamese fought along Communist China against KMT. The different we did not mention it neither asked them for gratitude. Contrary they kept boasting without their help could not be possible for us Viet achieve independent even though they did supply Vietnam weapon with conditions and their nation interests.

Not many, I think. Aside from General Nguyen Son, who was brought to China by Ho Chi Minh and fought along side with Red Army as a trainee, we may have some other Vietnamese who participated in Long March. But the case is different with China sending their advisors to help us in the war against French and the US.

Some North Korean pilots also died in Vietnam when they were trainee sent by Kim Jong Il to learn from Vietnam experience. But that does not mean North Korea "helped" us.

We should be clear.

Yes, especially McCain met the head of VCP, a man of pro china faction. This encounter is probably the most important one in the series of US high profile visits to VN. Lifting arms embargo is not about selling or buying weapons but demonstrating how serious and honest America behaves toward it's former enemy.

As for s-400, it is interesting to note that the announcement comes shortly after Russia agrees to sell the toy to China. That shows the Russian don't want China to have an overwhelming advantage in aerial domain should it come to a confrontation with its comrade Vietnam. Conclusion, we can continue to rely on Russia that they will keep China in check despite the repeated shows of friendship. One should know Russia has its own version of pivot to Asia and fears Chinese rise as well.

For the leadership of VN, it is a huge challenge how to balance the relationship between the great powers America, China, Russia and Japan. Thing is not easier since Russia and the West are at war over Ukraine. It is difficult to assess the impact on the relationship with vladimir putin if we close a military alliance with America.

I think the next months will decide. Exciting times ahead.

All good luck for your business.

Do you truly believe that we don't have anything superior to the S-400 in our inventory?

Whether Russia decides to sell you the S-400 or not will make no difference for us to squeeze you into submission in the modern battlefield.

Right now, we are in an intimidating mode, but we are not really desired to launch a war campaign against you, but don't ever try to test our patience.

Do you truly believe that we don't have anything superior to the S-400 in our inventory?

Whether Russia decides to sell you the S-400 or not will make no difference for us to squeeze you into submission in the modern battlefield.

Right now, we are in an intimidating mode, but we are not really desired to launch a war campaign against you, but don't ever try to test our patience.

I want to see actions. I am sick of hearing Chinese 50cents' empty threat.

I want to see actions. I am sick of hearing Chinese 50cents' empty threat.

China's midcourse interception is technologically far ahead to that of the S-400.

This was even confirmed by the US, and only the gullible people believe we are still technologically depending on Russia.

China's midcourse interception is technologically far ahead to that of the S-400.

This was even confirmed by the US, and only the gullible people believe we are still technologically depending on Russia.
Ranting again ?? The whole world just laugh a lot to China poorly trained forces when their huge got humilitated lost against VN small forces in the conflict near Paracel isl where China take control of it :laugh:

Ranting again ?? The whole world just laugh a lot to China poorly trained forces when their huge got humilitated lost against VN small forces in the conflict near Paracel isl where China take control of it :laugh:
1988 Johnson Reef? I just saw Viet bodies with many bullet holes.

RIP.

those are 2 different things
its like comparing Iron Dome to S-300

but you can google "S-500"

China's midcourse interception right now is unmatched, and it is much harder to intercept a Mach 25 ICBM than to intercept a Mach 2 aircraft.

1988 Johnson Reef? I just saw Viet bodies with many bullet holes.

RIP.
Just bcz we didnt surrender like ur coward PLA in 1988.

And people also saw Chinese bodies with many bullet holes in 1990 in Gaven reef killed by' mysterious' force too. In this incident ur troops didnt have a chance to surrender :coffee:

who-killed-11-chinese-troops-in-gaven-reefs-in-1990

November 7, 1990, I found the Southern Command Nansha reefs lost radio contact.After the situation was reported to the South China Sea Fleet deployed immediately went to see the ship. Under the notification, the reef is a unit of Marines stationed in the preparation of 12 people, then should be 11 people (one reason temporarily off the reef). Inspectors found that the bodies of six soldiers on the reef, and another five people missing. Missing persons including reef Chang allegiance, vice reef long and correspondents. In addition to the personnel on the reef, the reef warrior Xu Huiping Yong Department reef due to the treatment of burns and survived. Inspectors found multiple bullet holes in the room, indicating where the fighting occurred. Then they picked up and from the underwater reef a few rifles, these guns are all our military garrison personnel standard rifle.

This event was caused no small vibration in the army, immediately set up by the South China Sea Fleet of the senior leadership responsible for the investigation team, in-depth and comprehensive investigation, and make rehabilitation work. Findings are confidential at the time, unable to understand the outside.

This strange incident, even if insiders are also controversial. Is encountered enemy special forces raid, fighting or other emergency occurs, the truth has not yet been fully understood.This incident, I analyzed are the following possibilities:

1, most likely by the army special forces is. Vietnamese troops in 1988, "3.14" Red Reef of Nansha sea battle at a disadvantage, must look for an opportunity to retaliate. But then I Nansha garrison high vigilance and patrolling troops, combat readiness, they are hard to find opportunities. I combined the naval prisoners of war captured in Zhanjiang Nansha trial, our government has not yet handed over to Vietnam. Since 1990, our military posture in Nansha is clear, I observe activity patterns reef and the ship's officers that they have already mastered their "revenge about" conditions ripe. According to common sense traces of science, this action does not leave any suspicious items, indicating that other means quite clever. Does not exclude the other is the master shooting, fighting, diving techniques, and even combat may wear body armor. If this action as a planned and premeditated military action, should be considered very successful. But not arbitrary conclusion is that after the successful implementation of this action the enemy, meritorious officers must reward, JiaGuanJinJue, will follow along with the media reports, trumpeted the so-called "heroic deeds", but did not. Things over the past 20 years, information and networks so advanced, Vietnam had not been seen in any public media reported. They do a job well done is confidential?

In addition to the newspaper, the Philippines, Malaysia, accounting for part of my Nansha Islands and, in theory, its military personnel have started to attack me in the reef may be. But the two countries have maintained friendly relations with China over the they dare decorum skin, desperate to take such a big political and military risks? Media in both countries are more open, we were not given any clues, so many years, it is no reflection.

Source: Who killed 11 Chinese troops in Gaven Reefs in 1990 ?
Who killed 11 Chinese troops in Gaven Reefs in 1990 ?

Is your system ready or just in experimental phase?
are you scared? This kind of weapons is not for you. our rockets and blanket bombs are customer-made for vietnam.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom