What's new

Vietnam Conducts Air-Ground Military Exercises

The Royal Thai Army's main battle tanks are mostly American Pattons (M48A, M60A), and recently they've acquired the T84s from Ukraine.

in case of Thai army's flag is red flag, I can agree with you. my comment here is that why they imported from China in 1988, but in 2010 they dropped it in to sea ?

What is a reason here ?
I have said ... it's good for Thailand Royal Army to retire 22 age Type69-II tanks. It's a 22 years old weapon, how long do u plan to use them, Half Century or One Century ?

The Royal Thai Army's main battle tanks are mostly American Pattons (M48A, M60A), and recently they've acquired the T84s from Ukraine.
As far as i knew, since 2013 Thailand Royal Army only got 5x T-84 MBTs from Ukraine but rest might delay due to the Civil War. 1st batch of T-84 deal is 49x, total plan is 100x T-84 to replace old M48A.

Of course T-84 much powerful than T-54 and T-62, good choice by Thailand Royal Army.
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

I have said ... it's good for Thailand Royal Army to retire 22 age Type69-II tanks. It's a 22 years old weapon, how long do u plan to use them, Half Century or One Century ?

The M60, M48 and Stingray light tanks are still used by the Thai army.

The Stingray was acquired around the same time as the Type-69, around 1988.

Their M60 and M48 is even more old. M60 production run was between year 1960-1987.

The M48 production run was between year 1952 to 1959. :o:

Yes, they're over half a century old.

The M60, M48 and Stingray light tanks are still used by the Thai army.

The Stingray was acquired around the same time as the Type-69, around 1988.

Their M60 and M48 is even more old. M60 production run was between year 1960-1987.

The M48 production run was between year 1952 to 1959. :o:

Yes, they're over half a century old.
LOL ... grandpa M48, even T-72 retired or need update for Top5 military forces. Thailand Royal Army plan T-84 to replace M48, they began to update too.

I like to repeat again, in this moment, now 2014.

when your link wiki said: "T-59 còn phục vụ trong Quân đội Nhân dân Việt Nam tính đến năm 2010"
It also states that there are around 350 T-59s at that time. In 4-5 years we of course cannot replace all of them. Dismissing those tanks will leave a huge gap in our armored force. Not to mentions smaller troops transports and combat vehicles, many of which are from China. A large part of our AKs, SKSs and machine guns (still in used) are also from China (during VN war), with clear characters and marks written in Chinese. There is no shame in denying that, cause after all VN and China used to have warmer relationship.

Block China ? ... LOL, China support can through Mekong river, can cross Laos & Myanmar, can fly through by IL-76 & Y-20, can by SCS ... if Vietnam wish to drag China into War too. When u sit in home and make wishful thinking, China had controlled the area connect with Thailand. :coffee:

:pop:
]
Mekong river is not China territory, u cant pass when Myanmar-Laos refuse, if u try to pass, then it means u invade Myanmar-Laos. Thats why Thai general'd rather support VN than support China. PLA also one of the most corrupted army in the world, each new recruit must pay up to $16,000 to join the army in order to get a good salary.

No Thai gen believe in China's 'help' if war btween VN-Thailand happen again. They learn alot from Pol Pot who pro-China but died shamefully bcz China didnt help him

Last edited:
Anyway, our infantry force is still the best in the region wt lots of experience in real hard combats :smokin:

:rofl: Your infantry is the best at suffering greater casualties than *any* opponent its ever faced, including China. A bunch of 50 pound Viets running around in pith helmets are not the best infantry anywhere, not even in the Sub-Mekong region. And the last time Viet infantry experienced any real hard combat was when they stood on a coral reef and tried to fight Chinese 30mm cannons with Ak-47s. And they all got turned into fish food. :pop:

Last edited:
Mekong river is not China territory, u cant pass when Myanmar-Laos refuse, if u try to pass, then it means u invade Myanmar-Laos. Thats why Thai general'd rather support VN than support China. PLA also one of the most corrupted army in the world, each new recruit must pay up to $16,000 to join the army in order to get a good salary.

No Thai gen believe in China's 'help' if war btween VN-Thailand happen again. They learn alot from Pol Pot who pro-China but died shamefully bcz China didnt help him
All ur wishful thinking ... :D I have showed pics in former post that China boats patrolling in Mekong river from YuNan-to-Thailand cross through Myanmar-Laos water borders ... now Chinese still in there and Thailand/Myanmar/Laos all welcome China action to protect local security in the Mekong river.

U can insisit of Thousands time "China Invasion" in home, but in real world Chinese have been there and no any conflict. Thailand welcome VN more than China by VN media, just kidding urself !

Can u tell me, who is Vietnam's friend ? :pop:
Img324067002.jpg

gab01b808c_2.jpg

122406944_21n.jpg

88921-0it3qIz.jpg

c8701a08bfb30.jpg

Last edited:
Vietnam is the few nation who still using 20~30 age old weapons, even Thailand Royal Army retired China type69-II tanks imported in 1986 ... :-)

View attachment 157440
30 years? no, older. you are wrong. our army still has soviet tanks, that were used at the decisive battle of Berlin in 1945. that is nearly 70 years :D

30 years? no, older. you are wrong. our army still has soviet tanks, that were used at the decisive battle of Berlin in 1945. that is nearly 70 years :D
I remember T-34-85 and Su-100, that's impressed to me.

I remember T-34-85 and Su-100, that's impressed to me.
here you are: vietnam su-100 tank destroyers. if you want me to post weapons that we used during the Dai Viet - Ming China war in the 15 century, so about 600 years ago, let me know. as far as I know we captured a lot of chinese primitive tanks, the first of this kind in the world history :D
20140712-phao-tu-hanh-diet-tang-su-100-viet-nam-manh-co-nao-1.jpg

here you are: vietnam su-100 tank destroyers. if you want me to post weapons that we used during the Dai Viet - Ming China war in the 15 century, so about 600 years ago, let me know. as far as I know we captured a lot of chinese primitive tanks, the first of this kind in the world history :D
View attachment 157625
OH ... Man, many "new" Su-100. BTW any pic of captured China tank after last Sino-Vietnam War ?

OH ... Man, many "new" Su-100. BTW any pic of captured China tank after last Sino-Vietnam War ?
most of chinese tanks were lured into prepared traps and ambushed, or we blown up the streets and brigdes when the tanks crossed them. it was not much nice for the young soldiers to die in a burned tank.
a-vietnamese.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom