What's new

Video: Indian woman shaming girls for wearing short skirt goes viral

Aunty is disgusting....
This so called moral police of india and pakistan are real scums.

Most probably aunty himself wore such exposing dresses when she was young and impressed boys ,but now she miss the good old days and feel jealous when she see other girls wearing such attires :D
Yeah complexes can be a possibility. Such people should be avoided or taught a good lesson. I donot bear such bullcrap.

1) From the start of the video the lady declared that I cannot interpret the Quran, because I do not have knowledge of Jurisprudence, Hadith, Arabic Poetry and History. She has effectively equated Islam to Christianity and Judaism because they too handed their religion over to their priests. So according to that logic I should not even be replying to this post.

2)I shall however exercise the rights given to my by Allah, those rights being, the right to read, understand and learn the Quran myself, I shall ignore what the first part of the video.

3)She referred to Surah Ahzab and Surah Nur, but did not explain Surah Ahzab at all. I shall also not refer to Surah Ahzab, and shall only stick to Surah Nur.
The word used in the Surah is "Khimar", which the lady (I dont know how) translated as "head cover", in fact it is simply translated as "veil" or something that covers. It is also used in the Surah that prohibits Alcohol, the word in that Surah as "Khamr" which is used as "something that COVERS the intellect".
And then she suddenly compared Arabic with English and gave the example of "tucked in". This is like comparing apples with oranges.

Both Yusuf Ali, and Pickthall have translated "Khimar" to mean "veil" and not head cover, and I doubt you can declare them to be "incompetent" translators.

p.s The lady and the channel are both from the Shia sect, I am not from that sect, nor do I accept what they preach.

Now, even after all this, we both shall cling to our views, I suggest that we do not discuss this any further.

I may be corrected further, can you please quote from the holy Quran how a woman should dress. We also need to consider what the Prophet commanded in this regard.
Answered above
Which Mullah is forcing women to do something that is not forbidden in Islam?

Besides, what contributions, discoveries and advancements are attributed to Women during that period? Women have always had defined roles in Islam, if a woman cannot even travel to Allah's home without a male guardian, isn't that indicative enough of what women should and shouldn't do?

Your arguments about Mullahs being the reason for downfall of Islam are more so because of your apparent dislike for them rather than rational and historical proven fact. Muslim states became weak because they stopped preparing for wars and started indulging in the luxuries of life.
The contributions by women during the Golden Age were innumerable, as much as men did. It is sad that like many male scientists, women were forgotten. A simple reading on the Golden Age will give you a lot of names of women (I shall not list them here for your inconvenience).
Ours was called a "Golden Age" for a reason, Europe was in the "Dark Ages" because of this:
Women have always had defined roles
Women in the West at that time were the most oppressed creatures, with no property and/or voting rights.
As soon as some Mullahs started putting the same restrictions on Muslim women, about "defined roles" the "Golden Age" slowly came to an end.
And go and read about how Baghdad fell, and how Mullahs helped the Mongols into Baghdad because they though Ibn Sina was doing "Blasphemy"
As for the thing about "going to masjid without male guardian". They can go anywhere they want, but I shall not get into an never ending discussion on this.
You may continue to defend your culture and Shalwar Kameez is perfectly fine clothing when worn properly.

Correct, we need to lower our gaze, but it is in that first gaze that the transparency and other features are revealed. Islam has instructions for both genders, not just for the men. And seriously, I am somewhat amazed by your admission that you have never come across transparent shalwar kameez to the point where I am inclined to think that perhaps you are NOT being honest.
I have seen sleeveless shalwar kameez, I have seen them with Pajamas, and I have seen them without dupattas. I have NEVER seen a "transparent" shalwar kameez. Now if this is something that has been hidden from me, then may Allah keep it that way.

I shall not quote you again on this matter

KHIMAR OR KHAMR
First you gotta learn some arabic and seek meaning then

I live in Saudi Arabia and the word Khimar is used by the male saudi population to the cover that piece of cloth they put on their head.
Its more like head cover. This is basic , you can ask that to any Arab abt it .
now to come to further explained in Quran , covering up downwards to the body parts.
I am Sunni and the basic is word Khimar. covering the head. and afterwards specifically mentions until the area to be covered.
The conflict is Burka or Hijab. ( where you are caught by confusion )
while Burka ( covered face ) is not mentioned in any references.
Hijab ( qualifies compulsion head covered and other body ) except the face.
Quran mentioned Khimar and other body top to bottom to be covered.

debate among the scholars have always been between whether face to be covered as well ( burqa ) or others ( Hijab ( exposing face ) while covering the rest of the body.

Khimar on the head of Saudi men is cultural hence word is commonly used.
you can ask anyone who lives in saudi arabia abt it.

If you want to make your head uncovered neck uncovered and justify apples and oranges from your logic. Its up to you ( aint you one of those Ghamidi made in pakistan Fan )
I have interacted with tribal people of Quresh , Qahtan, Zahran and Ghamdi
Their mother tongue is Arabic. Do you believe you know Arabic better than Arabs?
Seriously??

I am sunni muslim and i didnt know if she was Shia or whatever.

Once i asked more Libral Egyptians
when i asked them inperson , they also agreed that proper way of women to cover them
as per Sharia is Hijab ( Khimar).
Egpyt is more liberal than Pak but still many women do Hijab there as well.

If you do not cover your head you are mistaken as per Order of Allah.
But you have NO LOGIC so justify uncovered head and open neck is legal as per Islamic values for women to walk around,outside the premises of their homes.

last thing go and google Khimar , and see for yourself google images.
ooo.jpg

Last edited:
The majority opinion always had been that face covering is not mandatory for women

We're not talking about whether or not it's mandatory, we're talking about whether or not it has it's roots in Islam. The other individual claimed that it didn't come from Islam (he also declared Muammar Gadaffi the Imam of the Ummah, lol), and I am simply demonstrating otherwise.

Face is not considered ‘awrah' in the three main schools of Sunni jurisprudence. The only exception is the minority Hanbali (Wahhabi) School.

1. No, both the Shafi and Hanbali madhabs regard it as fardh for Muslim women to cover their faces. Hanafis are divided among those who say it is fardh and those who say it is mustahab, and Malikis think it is mustahab (generally speaking, there may of course be exceptions in each madhab).

https://islamqa.org/shafii/qibla-shafii/33080

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/11822

2. Hanbalis are not Salafis.

Even among Hanbalis, many prominent scholars and jurists have endorsed the viewpoint of the other three schools that covering of face is not obligatory (Fardh)

Few and far between.

The why did Allah send us all to the earth naked?!

Because we are being tested to see if we will obey him.

If it’s allahs will, and we are all his/her children and here by his/her blessings, wouldn’t allah give us a sign by sending us fully clothed according to his will as you stated?

He sent many other signs, and those weren't enough for you, so even if this was added among them, I doubt you would listen.

A video of a middle-aged woman shaming young girls for wearing short clothes has gone viral.

The incident reportedly took place at Nukkadwala restaurant in Gurugram (formerly Gurgaon) near New Delhi. One of the girls, Shivani Gupta, shared the video on her Facebook profile.

"Today my friends and I were harassed by a woman at a restaurant for me wearing a short dress. This middle-aged woman you'll see in the video addressed seven men at the restaurant to rape us because she felt we deserved it for wearing short clothes and bashing her unsolicited opinion," she wrote.

The woman allegedly abused the girls and shamed one of them for wearing a short skirt.

The girls followed the woman to a shopping centre and asked her to apologize for her choice of words. The woman, however, seems adamant in the video and dared the girls to share the clip online.

The video went viral in no time and created an outrage on social media.

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/internat...ming-girls-for-wearing-short-skirt-goes-viral

I saw tight jeans , but failed to see any short dresses even by Indian standard. This chubby woman who is not easy on the eyes is just jealous !
Don't hate them cause they are

KHIMAR OR KHAMR
First you gotta learn some arabic and seek meaning then

I live in Saudi Arabia and the word Khimar is used by the male saudi population to the cover that piece of cloth they put on their head.
Its more like head cover. This is basic , you can ask that to any Arab abt it .
now to come to further explained in Quran , covering up downwards to the body parts.
I am Sunni and the basic is word Khimar. covering the head. and afterwards specifically mentions until the area to be covered.
The conflict is Burka or Hijab. ( where you are caught by confusion )
while Burka ( covered face ) is not mentioned in any references.
Hijab ( qualifies compulsion head covered and other body ) except the face.
Quran mentioned Khimar and other body top to bottom to be covered.

debate among the scholars have always been between whether face to be covered as well ( burqa ) or others ( Hijab ( exposing face ) while covering the rest of the body.

Khimar on the head of Saudi men is cultural hence word is commonly used.
you can ask anyone who lives in saudi arabia abt it.

If you want to make your head uncovered neck uncovered and justify apples and oranges from your logic. Its up to you ( aint you one of those Ghamidi made in pakistan Fan )
I have interacted with tribal people of Quresh , Qahtan, Zahran and Ghamdi
Their mother tongue is Arabic. Do you believe you know Arabic better than Arabs?
Seriously??

I am sunni muslim and i didnt know if she was Shia or whatever.

Once i asked more Libral Egyptians
when i asked them inperson , they also agreed that proper way of women to cover them
as per Sharia is Hijab ( Khimar).
Egpyt is more liberal than Pak but still many women do Hijab there as well.

If you do not cover your head you are mistaken as per Order of Allah.
But you have NO LOGIC so justify uncovered head and open neck is legal as per Islamic values for women to walk around,outside the premises of their homes.

last thing go and google Khimar , and see for yourself google images.
View attachment 558190
I gave references from the Quran, and the translations of the most trusted scholars
yet you replied with references from :

1) A scholar with harassment allegations on him.
2) Google images
3) A claim that you live in KSA, and hence your point is justified.

I think further discussion on this is futile
I shall not quote you on this matter again

good day Sir

I gave references from the Quran, and the translations of the most trusted scholars
yet you replied with references from :

1) A scholar with harassment allegations on him.
2) Google images
3) A claim that you live in KSA, and hence your point is justified.

I think further discussion on this is futile
I shall not quote you on this matter again

good day Sir

Who are these most trusted scholars?
Do they have any name
Any video?
Ahmed Deedat??
Zakir Naik??
Sheikh Sudais?
Imam e Kaba?
And who is your trusted scholar?
Ghamidi ?
People cant make their own version of Islam and Quran interpretations.
Since you do not have basic understanding of Arabic.
Your claims are not clear Sister.

Special Focus on the Hijab:

One of the favorite tricks of the hadith rejectors is to announce that it is not obligatory for the Muslim woman to cover her hair. Surah an-Nur ayah 31 says in part, “Tell the faithful women…to extend their Khumur to cover their bosoms”. The word “khumur” is the plural of “khimar”. According to the hadith rejectors, the meaning of “khimar” is simply “a covering” because the root Khamara means “to cover”. Thus, they say, that the Qur’an here only tells women to extend a covering over their bosoms. They say that the Qur’an does not mention the covering of the head.

Is this true? Because of the importance of hijab, it is worth exploring this issue in depth.

The hijab of the Muslim woman has been set out in two verses of the Qur’an, Surah an-Nur ayah 31 and Surah al-Ahzab ayah 59. The list of commands contained in these verses is as follows:

1) Lower the gaze (24:31)

2) Guard the private parts (24:31)

3) To not display their beauty “except what is apparent of it” (24:31)

4) Extend the khimar to cover the bosom (24:31)

5) To not display their beauty beyond “what is apparent of it” except to the people listed in 24:31

6) To not stamp their feet so as to reveal hidden beauty (24:31)

7) Draw the jilbab close around them when abroad (33:59)

What does “except what is apparent” mean? This is one of the passages in the Qur’an that the Prophet (sAas) needs to explain. And Surah an-Nahl ayah 44 (see above) tells us that the Prophet will explain the Qur’an. The Prophet’s explanation of “what is apparent” is the face and the hands.

Therefore, following what the Prophet (sAas) has explained of the Qur’an, it is very clear. If a woman must conceal all of her beauty except her face and hands, she must necessarily be concealing her hair. Even if “to not display their beauty except what is apparent” were the only text in the verse, according to how the Prophet (sAas) has explained the meaning of the Qur’an, a woman would still have to cover everything but her face and hands.

We can also look at the meaning of the word “khimar”. The word “khimar” comes from the root Khamara, meaning “to cover”. However, the particular form “khimar” may have a more specific meaning. Let’s look at what it is:

1) In the Arabic of the Prophet (sAas), the word “khimar” referred to a headcovering. This can be seen in the hadiths when the Prophet (sAas) wiped his wet hands over his khimar and his socks, from which scholars have derived that it is halal to wipe wet hands over the headcovering and the socks.

2) The authorities on classical Arabic have defined the word “khimar” as a headcovering. For instance, the dictionary Aqrab al-Mawarid defines the word “khimar” as: “All such pieces of cloth which are used to cover the head; It is a piece of cloth which is used by a woman to cover her head”.

The great scholar Imam Abu’l-Fida ibn Kathir defines the word “khimar” in the following words, “Khumur is the plural of khimar which means something that covers, and is what is used to cover the head. This is what is known among the people as a khimar”. A modern scholar, Shaykh Muhammad al-Munajjid says, “Khimar comes from the word khamr, the root meaning of which is to cover. For example, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

‘Khammiru aaniyatakum (cover your vessels).’ Everything that covers something else is called its khimar. But in common usage khimar has come to be used as a name for the garment with which a woman covers her head; in some cases this does not go against the linguistic meaning of khimar. Some of the fuqaha have defined it as that which covers the head, the temples and the neck. The difference between the hijab and the khimar is that the hijab is something which covers all of a woman’s body, whilst the khimar in general is something with which a woman covers her head.

3) Imam Abu Abdullah Qurtubi described the historical circumstances relating to the wearing of the khimar in pre-Islamic Arabia as follows, “Women in those days used to cover their heads with the khimar, throwing its ends upon their backs. This left the neck and the upper part of the chest bare, along with the ears, in the manner of the Christians. Then Allah commanded them to cover those parts with the khimar”. Similarly, Imam Abu’l-Fida ibn Kathir reports, “‘Draw their khumur to cover their bosoms’ means that they should wear the khimar in such a way that they cover their chests so that they will be different from the women of the jahiliyyah (before the coming of Islam) who did not do that but would pass in front of men with their chests uncovered and with their necks, forelocks, hair and earrings uncovered”. Both of these descriptions provide clear, explicit, specific explanations of what “extend the khimar to cover their bosoms” means.

4) The scholars have agreed unanimously that the khimar is a headcovering

Please do not try to interpret the Qur’an by just looking up in some dictionary what the meaning of the root KHAMARA means. Each of the forms derived from this root may have a specific meaning. In order to interpret the Qur’an properly you need to know what the specific meaning of the particular form “khimar” was in the Arabic of the Prophet (sAas). According to the common usage recorded from that time (in the hadiths), to dictionaries that have preserved the classical Arabic, and to the reports of the actual practice of women of that time, the khimar is a headcovering. Can you present any hadiths or other Arabic writing of the time of the Prophet (sAas) that use the word “khimar” to mean a shirt or any type of covering other than a headcovering? Can you present entries from dictionaries of classical Arabic that fail to give headcovering as a definition of “khimar”? Can you present reports of the dress of the pre-Islamic Arab women that apply the word “khimar” to mean something other than a headcovering? Can you present opinions of the ulama that the khimar is something other than a headcovering? If not, you have not refuted any of the evidence presented here. The examples I have given above are the accepted ways of determining what the meaning of the Qur’an is.

Now, if I told you “extend your hat to cover your ears” you would know automatically that the hat is a headcovering because that is what the word “hat” means in English, and you would understand automatically that the hat is to remain on the head while being extended down to cover the ears. Likewise the Arabs, when they were told “extend your khimar to cover your bosom”, knew automatically that the khimar was a headcovering because that is what the word “khimar” means in Arabic, and they understood automatically that the khimar was to remain on the head while being extended to cover the bosom.

There can be no doubt about it; the meaning of the Arabic word “khimar” is headcovering. The Qur’an doesn’t mention the word “head” separately because there is no need to, any more than English-speakers need to be told that a hat is worn on the head.

So let’s have a third go at that list of commands for hijab:

1) Lower the gaze (24:31)

2) Guard the private parts (24:31)

3) To not display their beauty except their faces and hands (24:31)

4) Extend the headcovering to cover the bosom (24:31)

5) To not display the beauty beyond the face and hands except to the people listed in 24:31

6) To not stamp the feet so as to reveal hidden beauty (24:31)

7) Draw the jilbab close around them when abroad (33:59)

From this we can see that the Muslim woman has been given two directives in regard to covering the hair. The first directive is that the hair, along with the rest of the body except the face and the hands, must be concealed except before the people listed in 24:31. The second directive is that the hair should specifically be covered by the khimar, which must also extend to cover the neck and upper chest.

The directives of the Qur’an and Sunnah are quite clear and they quite clearly direct women to wear headscarves and to cover all of their bodies except the face and hands. Along with the jilbab (outer garment) and the modest conduct of lowering the gaze, guarding the private parts, and not stamping the feet, this is Hijab.

This is what Allah SWT and His Messenger have decided in this matter.

“It is not for a believing man or a believing woman to say anything further or to disobey” (Qur’an 33:36).

“He who obeys Allah and His Messenger has already achieved a splendid triumph.” Suratul Ahzaab 33:71

Hadith Rejectors Claim: The Qur’an is Sufficient
A Few Questions to Ask Hadith Rejectors

How do you perform Salat?
Can a common person find out how many Rakat’s there are?
Can we perform Salat when we are naked?
Is it ok to perform Salat right behind a woman, behind her behind?
How do you determine the amount to give for Zakat?
How much is the Jizya tax?
Can men look at naked men?
Is cross dressing permissible?
Is alcohol permissible, how do we know which verse came first?
Is vinegar Haram, since it comes from wine?
How do we get married?
Can we eat monkeys or tigers or bears?
Can we sodomize our wives?
Can we read the Bible for guidance?
If a male has Madhy does he require Ghusl?
If in travel, how do we shorten the prayer?
If in travel, could travel mean to cross the street, what is the required distance?

I don't want to debate with an Ignorant.
It Boils down energy but I can't let some Ignorant one to spread False message among the masses. If you have some decency in your conscious there is no need to reply over an argument which objectify yourself in particular manner.

No matter how hard The Khawarij & munafiqun try to give newer version of Islam.
They will never succeed.

Last edited:
I don’t know, you tell me Sir. Apparently you have the will of god very loud and clearly stated, even though there are contradictions in the very statement you’re making as being the will of god.

Please point out contradictions where you see them.

God put us on Earth to test us; the outcome of the test will determine our fate in the afterlife.

I’m comfortable with my body and have no problem with nudity overall. It’s a choice. If people want to be nudists, I have no issues with it.

My personal clash with nudity comes as a matter of hygiene, not modesty.
If humans were inherently clean creatures, I would have zero problems with it.

Would you also be comfortable with nudity of your mother, sister, wife and daughter? It is not merely our life and way of living that matters as we are not hermits, we live in societies and our choices have repercussions and consequences, sometimes for others.

We're not talking about whether or not it's mandatory, we're talking about whether or not it has it's roots in Islam. The other individual claimed that it didn't come from Islam (he also declared Muammar Gadaffi the Imam of the Ummah, lol), and I am simply demonstrating otherwise.

He is right. It predates Islam. As for Qaddafi being Imam of ummah, I disagree

1. No, both the Shafi and Hanbali madhabs regard it as fardh for Muslim women to cover their faces. Hanafis are divided among those who say it is fardh and those who say it is mustahab, and Malikis think it is mustahab (generally speaking, there may of course be exceptions in each madhab).

https://islamqa.org/shafii/qibla-shafii/33080

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/11822

Well, I do not know who these islamqa guys are and what are their 'sources'.... One of the greatest scholars of Islam, Imam Muhiyyuddin bin Sharaf Al-Nawawi mentions in his book Al-Majmu' sharh Al-Muhadhdhab, in presenting the various scholarly opinions concerning the 'awrah that:

"the 'awra of a free woman is all of her body except her face and hands, and is the position of Shafi'i, Malik, Abu Hanifa, Al-Awza'i, Abu Thawr, and several others, and is one of the [positions] narrated from Ahmad. Abu Hanifa, Al-Thawri, and Al-Muzani also say that the feet are not part of the 'awra. Ahmad says [elsewhere, that her 'awra is] her entire body except her face."
https://moderateislam.skyrock.com/3109058137-Woman-s-Awrah.html

He is right.

No he's not, the practice is encouraged by Islam, as has already been established.

Well, I do not know who these islamqa guys are and what are their 'sources'

Because you don't know much about Islam, so I'd suggest you stop talking before you embarrass yourself like that other guy.

"the 'awra of a free woman is all of her body except her face and hands, and is the position of Shafi'i, Malik, Abu Hanifa, Al-Awza'i, Abu Thawr, and several others, and is one of the [positions] narrated from Ahmad. Abu Hanifa, Al-Thawri, and Al-Muzani also say that the feet are not part of the 'awra. Ahmad says [elsewhere, that her 'awra is] her entire body except her face."
https://moderateislam.skyrock.com/3109058137-Woman-s-Awrah.html

1. The opinions of the initial Imams do not necessarily reflect that of their madhab.

2. You're quoting a site called "moderate Islam", that's not exactly helping your case. Quote an established website that actually issues fatawa on these kinds of topics.

No he's not, the practice is encouraged by Islam, as has already been established.

Whether or not Islam encourages the practice is besides the point. The guy claimed that this practice predated Islam. And he is right. You yourself have conceded his point by claiming that Islam encouraged the practice. Discussion concluded

Because you don't know much about Islam, so I'd suggest you stop talking before you embarrass yourself like that other guy.

So, someone who questions the authenticity of substandard sectarian blogs on the internet and quotes the (contrary) opinion of well known ulema of the past does not know much about Islam!! And then you talk about 'embarrassing' one's self !!! :lol:

Last edited:
No it's not, he claimed it's an innovation borrowed from the Jews, with no basis in Islam itself. That's ludicrous.

Trying to move the goalposts now?? Here is your initial argument (post#95) that has already been countered :

... we're talking about whether or not it has it's roots in Islam. The other individual claimed that it didn't come from Islam...

If that's what you think I've quoted, then you've truly exposed your ignorance for all to see

Yes, that exactly is what you have quoted, a substandard sectarian (Salafi) blog that often falsely portrays the minority (Salafi) view as the majority view. If you truly believe that the Islamqa guys (who believe that Mickey mouse being a soldier of Satan should be killed) are more reliable than Imam Muhiyyuddin bin Sharaf Al-Nawawi, (one of the greatest scholars of Islam), then you indeed have truly exposed your ignorance for all to see...

Back
Top Bottom