What's new

Video - Girl of 17 flogged by Taliban savages in Swat

Could a mod kindly change this guys flag please? He pretends to be a Pakistani, but he's not and everyone knows. Thanks in advance.

Only thing I have said about India or couple of things is people dont think of India as being terrorist,, gang rapeing women,,, burying women alive, committing act of terrorism,,, flogging girls,,,,or allowing terrorist attacks from India or not having the guts to rule their own country instead of allowing terrorist to own part of their country,,,, that does not make me from India...

Also I think eventually India will be more powerful then China because I dont think China can continue to exist half communist and half captialist...

That does not make me from India...

I am not proud of pakistan,, its a mess and it will continue to be a mess....its poor premitive and backward and getting more so every day and few pakistanis beside me have the guts to get up and say so...

You were saying............................

Govt condemns, SC acts on Swat girl flogging
By Khawar Ghumman
Friday, 03 Apr, 2009 | 06:54 PM PST |
font-size small font-size largefont-sizeprintemail share
The Prime Minister said the govt believes in women’s rights and will take every measure to protect them. — Reuters

ISLAMABAD: As television images of the public flogging of a teenage girl in a village in Swat sent shockwaves across the country, Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani joined the voices of condemnation, and ordered an inquiry into the gruesome act by the local Taliban in the name of their own brand of Shariah.

The Prime Minister has condemned the incident in strongest possible words, terming it as 'a shameful happening which has tarnished the image of the country', said an official statement on Friday.

He said, the whole episode was against the principles and teachings of Islam. 'Islam teaches us treating women politely', said the prime minister, adding, the government believed in the rights of women and would take every possible measure for the protection of their rights.

Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry on Friday held the flogging in Swat a serious violation of fundamental rights and ordered the Interior Secretary 'to procure' the victim girl and produce her before his court on April 6.

Meanwhile, both civil society and public representatives have also reacted strongly to the incident, and feared that it might spread to the rest of the country in future.

Throughout the day on Friday, tv channels kept on screening a screaming 17-year old girl, who was flogged for 34 times under the broad day light, encircled by local male crowd in Matta area, further up the valley of Swat.

The amateur video, apparently shot on a mobile phone, shows a woman wearing red-colour shalwar and black burqa face down on the ground, with dozens of men, mostly onlookers, watching it with amazement. Her legs and hands are being held by two men, and a third bearded person is shown whipping her repeatedly.

Soon after the first couple of lashes the woman starts to scream, and scrams loudly, but no one from the crowd moves or try and stop the ferocious-looking men from committing the horrific act. 'Please, please' shouts the woman in Pushto. 'Stop it, please', comes another scream, but to no avail.

The public flogging continues for several minutes, after which the wailing woman is dragged by the group of armed men to a nearby building.

The video shown by several news channels sent a wave of shock, anger and depression across the country.

Initially some of the self-styled defenders of the Pakistani Taliban tried to down-play to significance of the incident, and said it was not clear from the video if it was a recent incident, or if it all happened in Swat.

One of the ANP leaders went to the extent of accusing those showing the video of trying to undermine the Swat peace agreement between the provincial government and the local militants headed by Maulana Fazlullah.

But they were soon silenced by a statement by the Swat Taliban spokesman Muslim Khan, who told a couple of tv channels, that it was indeed the work of the local Taliban. He justified the action and said the 17-year-old was seen out of her house with a man who was not her husband, something that he described as un-Islamic.

The incident has outraged many human rights and women groups in the country, many of them have accused government of giving a free hand to the extremist religious groups to enforce their own brand of Islamic shariah in Swat and some other parts of Northern Pakistan.

'We strongly condemned this barbaric and heinous crime and demands immediate action against those who were involved in this inhuman act,' Women’s Parliamentary Caucus said in a statement on Friday.

Secretary of the caucus, Ms Nafisa Shah said, neither Islam nor constitution of the Islamic republic of Pakistan allowed such acts, instead protected fundamental women rights. She pledged, the caucus would take up this issue in the parliament, and with the federal and provincial governments, so that culprits could be brought to the book.

Several local NGOs working for the women rights also expressed their shock over the tragic incident and demanded immediate action by the government.

Yes, so Government "condemns" the act?
What the f*ck will that bring us? These incompetent fools are not fit to do the job.
All they can do is "notice" and "condemn".
These moronic leaders are our downfall.
We are a great nation for CRYING OUT LOUD, WE ALL KNOW IT, YET WE CLOSE OUR EARS AND COVER OUR EYES FOR THE WELL-BEING OF PAKISTAN.
YET WE MAKE THE WRONG CHOICES WHICH LEADS OUR COUNTRY TO DISASTROUS SITUATIONS.
HOW CAN A GIRL PUBLICLY BE ABUSED AND BEATEN BY MEN WHO HAD NO EDUCATION AND ONLY WANT TO FORCE THIER WILL UPON OTHERS?
HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN IN MY COUNTRY? THE PROBLEM IS, THERE IS NO ******* LAW IN SWAT OR OTHER NORTHERN AREAS, THE PAKISTANI GOVERNMENT ISN'T PRESENT, THE NORTH AND CLOSE TO THE AFGHAN BORDERS, THESE ARE AREAS WHICH SIMPLY DON'T BELONG TO PAKISTAN BECAUSE WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT AND WE GIVE IN TO DEMANDS OF THE TALIBAN.

What a f*cking shame, my blood is boiling, this hurts so badly, i'm ashamed of my country sometimes, and I do know that Mr. Jinnah and his wife would be deeply ashamed aswell to see what Pakistan has become and has tolerated.
This is an outright shame, the Army should locate the area and march in, destroy every single of these dogs.
What's holding them back? Our corrupt President who has been jailed for 8 years and didn't prove any investigation into his wife's murder?
This is an outrage, i'm already ill, and to see this makes me want to get a gun and simply kill all of these bastards, make them suffer before they die, make them feel the pain and fear, the same feelings the peaceful residents of Swat and the residents of other areas in Pakistan have when these lowlives are present.

May God be with us.

Girl’s flogging not took place in Swat: TTP

Updated at: 1251 PST, Saturday, April 04, 2009

SWAT: The spokesman of outlawed Tahreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Muslim Khan said the incident of flogging a girl did not take place in Swat.

Talking to media, Muslim Khan said the act is in accordance with shariah but this was not happened in Swat. He said the punishment awarded to woman was just as the woman was loose character but the incident shown in video was another one.

Khan said no one would allow to interfere in shariah and if any man or woman commit sin, we will punish them according to shariah. Peace is directly related with imposition of Islamic laws.

He termed the video played on media yesterday as fake and said we will punish the man who filmed the video whenever we catch him. We could not follow west, he further added.

Girl’s flogging not took place in Swat: TTP - GEO.tv

Talking to media, Muslim Khan said the act is in accordance with shariah but this was not happened in Swat. He said the punishment awarded to woman was just as the woman was loose character but the incident shown in video was another one.

If it didn't take place in Swat how would he know about such an incident in detail? Thankfully these guys are uneducated, but then again so are most politicians and journalists.

Omar bhai is saying correct..i have told earlier but no one want to listen me..
i dont know that girl has done bad or not..if she did nthing bad then this situation is so bad..but if she did bad then i m neutral.i want to say an ayah of Holy Quran but in urdu bcz i cant translate (mistake can possible)

Allah says in Quran
Zanee mard or zanee ourat me se her aik ko 100 korey lagao.aur agar tum roz e akherat per yakeen rakhtey ho to in per tars khaney ka jazba tumharey or Allah k deen k darmian na aey. or un ko saza dete wakt ehl e eeman ka aik groh maujud rahe( yani sar e aam saza dee jaey)
(Surah Noor.Ayat:2)

plz any1 who can translate

Its Bullshit the Vidio is not yet credited as real one. Investigations are being carried out.
Many people say that there is a forighn hand behind this video who do not want the peace deal to go forward and who want our Army to fight these people and die with no honour .

A forgien hand..!!!!!!!:hitwall: OMG..!!! These are the extrimsts type you should be more afraid of.. rather than any enemey from outside..!!!

Omar bhai is saying correct..i have told earlier but no one want to listen me..
i dont know that girl has done bad or not..if she did nthing bad then this situation is so bad..but if she did bad then i m neutral.i want to say an ayah of Holy Quran but in urdu bcz i cant translate (mistake can possible)

Allah says in Quran
Zanee mard or zanee ourat me se her aik ko 100 korey lagao.aur agar tum roz e akherat per yakeen rakhtey ho to in per tars khaney ka jazba tumharey or Allah k deen k darmian na aey. or un ko saza dete wakt ehl e eeman ka aik groh maujud rahe( yani sar e aam saza dee jaey)
(Surah Noor.Ayat:2)

plz any1 who can translate

That is definetly corect but only if the accuser has 4 witneses and if he did then this was totally Islamic and the guy said that the men holding her were her family members but what exactly did she do.She walked out of her home with a man who was not a family member that does not make her a zanee.
or does it?

^^
i have wrote that i dont know exactly..even u too
but i have put forward the Ayah of Holy Quran for those who r saying that this type of punishment is cruel

But i remember that a senior sahafi said that if she would stay with him for more than 24 hours then it would be punishable so if he is correct this fogging is wrong.

SIGN OF QAYAMAT Knowledge will be taken away (by the death of people of knowledge), and ignorance will prevail.

"Knowledge of Islam will be taken away while ignorance will increase. This removal of knowledge will be because old scholars will die and fewer and fewer new scholars will replace them. The leaders of the Muslims will be chosen from ignorant people, and they will rule according to their whims." [Today, studying Islam formally is considered to be an inferior career in most of the Muslim world. The leaders of the Muslim world are more known for their political or military prowess (oppressive ability?) than Islamic knowledge.]

i can only say that this is sign of judgment according to signs of qayamat...look how todays mullah are doing all things against islam and they claim that this is sharia..

Allah help us from ***** umlas..Ameen

PESHAWAR: The Taliban in Swat awarded punishment of public flogging about 25 times to men and twice to women during the past two years as they consolidated their control in the valley and established their own courts.

The videotape shown on television and displayed on websites Friday wasn't the only time that a woman was publicly canned by the Swati Taliban. However, no videotape of the other incident, which took place on October 20, 2008, is available in which a woman and her father-in-law were flogged in Ser-Taligram village near Manglawar in Charbagh tehsil. The woman had been divorced by her husband but her father-in-law kept her in his house. The two were accused by the Taliban of having illicit relations. Villagers said the man was whipped 50 times while the woman was given 30 lashes.

The canning of the 17-year-old girl, who according to certain accounts was 16, shown by television channels on Friday was reportedly filmed by someone with a mobile phone. A reporter of a private TV channel in Swat said the two-minute footage was in their possession for sometime and was being transferred to a large number of people through cell phones. "To be honest, we didn't want to send it to our TV channels for use due to fear of Taliban and also on account of concern that this would bring a bad name to Swat and endanger the peace accord," he said while requesting anonymity.

The girl who was publicly canned in Kala Killay village in Kabal tehsil was reportedly named Chand. An Indian TV channel coined a couplet while reporting the incident on Friday by figuratively referring to Chand, which is the Urdu word for the moon. The boy, who like the girl was also lashed 30 times, was named Adalat Khan, son of Muslim Khan.

Incidentally, the Taliban spokesman in Swat who defended the public flogging in several interviews on Friday is also named Muslim Khan. He apparently mixed up the two incidents of public lashing of women in Swat on Taliban orders by saying that the girl videotaped during her canning was convicted of having illicit relations with her father-in-law. That incident happened in Ser-Taligram village in Charbagh tehsil while the videotape is of the girl belonging to Kala Killay in Kabal area.

One of the stories making the rounds in Swat was that a Talib saw the accused, Adalat Khan, who was an electrician by profession, leaving the home of the girl, Chand. He called other Taliban and accused the two of committing adultery. The boy defended himself by arguing that he was asked to fix some electrical appliances in the girl's house. The Taliban then went ahead with the punishment of 30 lashes awarded to both the boy and the girl. Subsequently, as the story goes the Taliban got the two to marry and even cooked rice to hold a feast for celebrating the occasion.

It is possible that this story is cooked up or is one of the many being told and retold. But it is a fact that Taliban courts punished the two women and about 25 men by lashing them in public. Besides, drug addicts were routinely canned wherever they were found taking drugs.

Among the widely quoted cases, Taliban publicly canned two butchers in Ningolay village for selling meat of dead animals. They also awarded lashes to two men in the same village for committing unnatural sexual offences.

Two Taliban fighters were also publicly whipped 40 times each in Bar Thana village in Matta tehsil after being found guilty by a Shariah court for extorting Rs 360,000 from a goldsmith hailing from Chupriyal village. A Taliban commander known as Khairo was also involved in the same crime as he was the one who imposed the Rs 360,000 fine on the goldsmith after accusing him of running a propaganda campaign against the Taliban. When the Taliban leadership came to know about the incident, they asked the goldsmith to identify the three Taliban who had extorted the money from him. Subsequently, the two Taliban foots-soldiers were lashed in public and their commander, Khairo, was publicly executed in Sinpoora, the village of former provincial minister and JUI-F leader Qari Mahmood, near Matta.

This was Taliban justice, quick and brutal and publicly awarded.
Chand is not the only Swat woman victim

Man who made Swat flogging video speaks to Dawn News -

MINGORA: The man who witnessed as well as filmed the Taliban flogging a teenage girl in Swat has spoken out. The flogging was featured in a two-minute long video shot from a mobile phone and shows a burqah-clad woman lying on the ground while being whipped by the Taliban.

Shaukat is the only eye-witness who has come forward and spoken to Dawn News about the incident.

He claimed that the incident took place two weeks ago.

Giving the incident's background, Shaukat said the allegation against and the treatment meted out to the girl was actually a punishment against her for refusing a marriage proposal.

The man who proposed to marry her joined the ranks of the Taliban after the rejection and this was how he took his revenge from the 17-year-old girl, Dawn News quoted Shaukat as saying.

When asked about the reaction of the people who had witnessed the whole episode, Shaukat said the people in Swat are so scared that no one has the courage to stand up and speak out against the Taliban and their verdicts

DAWN.COM | + Pakistan | Man who made Swat flogging video speaks to Dawn News

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom