What's new

video games 1990s

Brings memories. Now I need a retro gaming rig... whats better? emulationstation, retroarch, lakka or retropie? And what should be system specs?
or get an arcade machine
SF-Upright.jpg

Well around 1993-1994 is when Doom multiplayer took off. My boss, me, and this other guy would be playing coop after work across the company network until 2am. Then we’d show up late to work the next day. LOL!!! Soooo much productivity wasted!!

The server guys would call us up wondering what the hell we were doing because all their server traffic warning bells were going off. We’d be laughing saying we were testing some code. They had no idea it was a game and probably couldn’t comprehend it even if we explained it to them.

Certainly being in a game with more than two people across a network was a breakthrough moment. We were wow’d! No hassle of looking for each other. It just all magically worked.

Last edited:
Brings memories. Now I need a retro gaming rig... whats better? emulationstation, retroarch, lakka or retropie? And what should be system specs?

Asalamu Alaikum

Anything can run these gems, but I'd recommend you get a controller or keyboard if you plan to use your phone/tablet (touchscreen will hamper how good you can play).

Read the customer reviews on the Play Store to find out how good the emulator is. I'd recommend you get a single emulator for each game console though, combined emulators like retroarch can have some issues and annoyances.

Asalamu Alaikum

Anything can run these gems, but I'd recommend you get a controller or keyboard if you plan to use your phone/tablet (touchscreen will hamper how good you can play).

Read the customer reviews on the Play Store to find out how good the emulator is. I'd recommend you get a single emulator for each game console though, combined emulators like retroarch can have some issues and annoyances.

8bitdo ;)

Best retro controller out there.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom