What's new

Video Gamers report in!

console_war_header.jpg

Unnamed development sources say the PlayStation 4 is 50 percent faster than the Xbox One, Edge Online reports.

According to Edge’s sources, which describe between the two consoles as “significant” and “obvious,” both memory reads and Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU) on PS4 is 50 percent faster than Xbox One.

“The poor [graphics] drivers have made it difficult to push either of them, and the developers aren’t familiar with the hardware yet,” says one of Edge’s sources.

“Xbox One is weaker, and it’s a paint o use its ESRAM,” says another source.

The example provided to Edge by its development sources is how a multiplatform title will run at 1920×1080 at 30fps on the PS4, but on Xbox One the resolution would be 1600×900 running at only 20-some frames per second.

I suppose we’ll find out the veracity of these claims when the PlayStation 4 launches November 15 in North America and the Xbox One launches November 22.

RUMOR: Developer Sources Claim PS4 is 50 Percent Faster Than the Xbox One | EGMNOW

Rumor or not Xbox one would be multifold times better than Xbox 360 Slim so people should not worry. Next Microsoft always upgraded its console every 3 Years if you see the past trend therefore in 2016 E3 we can expect Microsoft to bring faster processor/better gpu and more hard drive space along with better cloud services. I am going to invest in it not later than 2016. There are tons of Titles for Xbox 360 that I've yet to play...that is a logical move.

O.K, Im about 8 hours into Rome 2 total war and I have to say -

THIS GAME IS A DISASTER!

DO NOT BUY!

I preordered and regret it so bad. The game looks like 5hit even on the highest setting, it lags on random times and is too easy because the campaign AI is totally retarded.
The battle AI is also awful, I once destroyed over 2000 men army using only 200 town watch units because the AI tries to runs through you units, not attacking at all!

What a waste of time and money.
Anyone else experiencing the same problems should tell CA to F00k themselves for releasing such rubbish.

Only battlefield 4 left to look forward to this year and I hope DICE doesnt pull a CA.

I preordered and regret it so bad. The game looks like 5hit even on the highest setting, it lags on random times and is too easy because the campaign AI is totally retarded.

You can fix the graphics, by selecting the "unlimited video memory" option in the graphics settings.

As for the other game breaking bugs, well bad luck, no real solution to those. :P

Anyone interested in RTS games like Company of Heroes etc ...I know it is dying genre but still

I really enjoyed Knights of the old republic about a decade ago. That game had such an epic feel with the most awesome plot twist ever. Did they explain what happened to Revan in 'The old republic'?

yes they did ....Revan , Hk-47 everyone is there ...Bioware has made some crazy plot twisters and stories in this game

One horrible thing about fifa13 in the semi finals of league cup I defeated Chelsea with 2 goals to 1 with Arsenal as my team and it was chelsea who went to the finals and eventuall won. :'(

THIS GAME IS A DISASTER!

DO NOT BUY!

The battle AI is also awful, I once destroyed over 2000 men army using only 200 town watch units because the AI tries to runs through you units, not attacking at all!

Anyone else experiencing the same problems should tell CA to F00k themselves for releasing such rubbish.

Only battlefield 4 left to look forward to this year and I hope DICE doesnt pull a CA.

Nah bro. What are your specs. I only had problems pre patch with it. After patch 2 it all got better. The AI has improved and the campaign map has really sped up. I got countless number of hours in it and I'm still trying to dominate in it with the romans.

THIS GAME IS A DISASTER!

DO NOT BUY!

Only battlefield 4 left to look forward to this year and I hope DICE doesn't pull a CA.

the Ai definitely is dumbed down , but not to the extent u seem to be encountering, i always play at setting above hard cus anything below usually end up with Ai that alway unrealistically tries to pursue diplomatic alternatives before and after battles. Try moving the slider higher.

As far as the lag goes havent encountered any, nevertheless the maps are way too expansive and the processing time betweens turns are a disaster.

Nah bro. What are your specs. I only had problems pre patch with it. After patch 2 it all got better. The AI has improved and the campaign map has really sped up. I got countless number of hours in it and I'm still trying to dominate in it with the romans.

My specs arent great - i7 2600k, gtx 660 but ive never had as much problems with other games as this one. I went back and now onto 25 hours but still many problems and ive quit.
On hardest setting the same tactic decimates a retarded ai again and again - pretorians + auxiliary infantry holds line. War dogs flank = victory. War dogs can get up to 1000 kills and the ai doesnt even defend against them!
Defending town sieges + fleet assaults is absolutely awful. The AI mills around the town and blocks off totally irrelevant points displaying a retarded attempt at strategy. Then they come surging towards the capture points through defensive lines and rout.

I spent near 200 hours on Shogun 2, mainly multiplayer. Rome 2 ive given up on already.

Back
Top Bottom