What's new

Video Gamers report in!

Strategy gamer almost exclusively.

Games i'm digging or will in the near future.

Europa universalis 4
Rome total war 2
Diablo 3
Civ V;Brave new world
Hearts of iron 3;Their finest hour

And ABOVE ALL

COMPANY OF HEROES 2.

For those who have PS3-GOD OF WAR 3.

I am soo looking forward to East v/s West ...

Watcha folks think

Last edited by a moderator:
Study: Pro Gamers Have Reactions Of Fighter Pilots, Bodies Of Chain Smokers

By Adam Biessener on June 10, 2010 at 01:30 PM

A researcher from the University of Essex in the U.K. performed a number of tests on competition-level gamers and compared the results against those of fighter pilots and professional athletes. The results showed mental acuity that rivaled the most elite examples in the other careers, while the gamers' aerobic health was more on par with 60-year-old chain smokers.

"Elite athletes have unusually high levels of positive feelings and low levels of negative feelings such as depression and fatigue," Dr. Dominic Micklewright told Telegraph.co.uk. ''We saw similar characteristics in gamers, albeit not quite as pronounced.'' Similarly, tests measuring reflexes and reaction time produced stellar results. However, the pro-level cyberathletes that took part in the study spend an inordinate amount of time in-game – upwards of 10 hours per day in some cases. This led to predictably poor results in the physical fitness tests.

The overall picture painted by Dr. Micklewright's work shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, but comparing gamers' bodies to that of a 60-year-old chain smoker? Ouch.

Source: Study: Pro Gamers Have Reactions Of Fighter Pilots, Bodies Of Chain Smokers - News - www.GameInformer.com

Another Article Same Story: Computer gamers 'have reactions of pilots but bodies of chain smokers' - Telegraph

xbox-live-celebrates-10-years-of-connecting-gamers-7e40d53454.jpg

article-2303944-1915F72A000005DC-212_634x420.jpg

The article dates back to June 2010, thought I still share it since it's such a cool read especially if you're a long time video gamer.

Desperately want to play RESIDENT EVIL 5 and 6 but my Video CARD SUCKS!!!!

Play Rome Total War online... it's awesome... control Ancient armies... it awesome!!! My name is |CoH|-Spider_Pig- there.

Damn, I was gonna' post this. Best game trailer in a long time. Hideo Kojima is pure badass!

Two more trailers

Wish this one was in English, even though there are subtitles.

Kojima is a living legend! Although I was very disappointed to hear Snake's voice actor this time is not David Hayter :pissed: its the perfect role for him as always.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Xbox One has a better ergonomic controller than the PS4, superior trigger buttons, analog grips are better, overall design is better. the PS4 controller is a very ugly controller especially with the touch pad right in the center, it's going to be useless for many games.

Back
Top Bottom