What's new

Video Gamers report in!

Nopez, my laptop handles Crysis 2 smoothly. Doesn't even heat up that much. There's a different breed of gaming laptops available these days.

I'd say you had to shell out quite a bit of money for that though. Plus, I'm not just talking about raw processing power here. Comfort is a factor too - Screen size, Keyboard, Mouse etc...

I'd say you had to shell out quite a bit of money for that though. Plus, I'm not just talking about raw processing power here. Comfort is a factor too - Screen size, Keyboard, Mouse etc...

Thats true, that's why i attach separate keyboard and mouse while gaming. And sometimes i connect the laptop with the 32' LCD screen(rarely).

Thats true, that's why i attach separate keyboard and mouse while gaming. And sometimes i connect the laptop with the 32' LCD screen(rarely).

But does that not feel strange? Like an octopus, keyboard here, mouse there, screen there, and another keyboard, mouse scree and CPU all in one in another location.

I personally get irritated.

ive a spare 21 inch lcd monitor, which i can attatch to the laptop

but ive no clue of the extra ''chips'' that should be added on a system to upgrade it to make it a ''gaming laptop''

whats a decent laptop that i should get , and whats the updates i have to make on it?

butters, i dont understand the 60 dollars thingy, online fee?

pak members, whats the cost of xbox, ps3 and thier cds?

thanks a bunch!

But does that not feel strange? Like an octopus, keyboard here, mouse there, screen there, and another keyboard, mouse scree and CPU all in one in another location.

I personally get irritated.

Lol, its fun though. It doesn't look that scattered as you're thinking. I just hate to sit in a definite position for computing. My desktop is eating grass in our storage room for the past 4 years.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

ive a spare 21 inch lcd monitor, which i can attatch to the laptop

but ive no clue of the extra ''chips'' that should be added on a system to upgrade it to make it a ''gaming laptop''

whats a decent laptop that i should get , and whats the updates i have to make on it?

butters, i dont understand the 60 dollars thingy, online fee?

pak members, whats the cost of xbox, ps3 and thier cds?

thanks a bunch!

If you're going for gaming laptop, look for i7 processor, minimum 4 GB DDR3 RAM, and 1 GB of Graphics card.

- $60 thingy is basically you have to pay $60 every Year to play online on Xbox.
- Gaming PC: If you're somewhat tech savvy, it's cheaper to build one. Just look for the specs that Skull mentioned. There's lot's of help and video tutorials on the net to help you out. (Desktops only, not sure about building Laptops :D)

ive a couple of desktops at home , but they suffer during electricity fluctuation , so i was wondering to buy a couple of e3/e5 laptops -- i am inclined to hp as i have been using hp laptops for over 5 years without problem

e5 will cost not more than 65k , however e7 will cost me over 90k -- this is a factor that i have to take into consideration as i am buying 2 laptops... can e5 run these games?

ive a couple of desktops at home , but they suffer during electricity fluctuation , so i was wondering to buy a couple of e3/e5 laptops -- i am inclined to hp as i have been using hp laptops for over 5 years without problem

e5 will cost not more than 65k , however e7 will cost me over 90k -- this is a factor that i have to take into consideration as i am buying 2 laptops... can e5 run these games?

I think you mean i3-i5-i7 right(?)

If so, I guess i5 will do (Quad core) but also watch out for RAM. I think 4 GB is the standard for decent Laptops nowadays anyway. And of course a 1 GB video card - AMDs are preferred these days but you'll be hard pressed to find one of those in a Laptop unless you go for Alienware. Laptops usually come with a built in Intel GPU (since Laptops aren't graphics intensive)... See, this is what I mean about Laptops and Gaming...

Just remember:

- Quad core 2Ghz+ and i5+
- 1 GB GPU
- 4GB+ RAM

Not to be pedantic but you're trying to force something here - Portable PC gaming. If possible at all, go for a Desktop.

Ain't that should be i3/i5?

If you want a Gamin laptop then check out
> Dell xps 15
> Lenovo Y570
> Ausus K53sv
> hp dv6-6121tx

The above models comes with various configs as you can choose the best that fits into your budget..do not expect anythin less than $900 if you want an average gamin laptop OR the much better option is to assemble a PC as it costs less, less heating problems, you can upgrade them in future etc.
If you already have a decent laptop/PC and do not have any intention for a New one then simply buy a console thats it..

Oh and Screen res matters - 1920 x 1080 is almost a must. Good luck trying to find a Laptop with that mate. :confused:

Here's my Laptop specification.

Intel core i7 2630QM 2 GHz (Turbo boost upto 2.90 GHz).

4 GB DDR3 RAM (Will upgrade it to 8 GB very soon).

2 GB Nvidia GT 540 graphics card.

750 GB HDD

JBL Speakers (Sounds clarity is awesome, never watch a horror movie in it with full volume.)

15.6' WLED display. (Brightest in its class.)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom