What's new

Video Gamers report in!

Not all games. Newer games are going to be problem (Mass effect etc) also GTA V will be a problem. Go for RX 470 almost same price (RX 570 has come to market and this is loosing price) but way faster.

I think you have a problem here. H110 are not compatible with 7000 series (kaby lake). you need to update the bios for that (so you intern need a skylake or 6000 series CPU).

I would suggest to drop intel completely. Try R5 1500X (4core 8 thread) for $189 and a B350 board for $75. FYI, go with higher clocked ram as it helps the CPU speed.
Depends on the Taste as From Past Experience Intel Offers Greater Life Time than AMD
and as You Said Your Self You Can use H110 which is a good board For gaming

X 470 almost same price (RX 570 has come to market and this is loosing price) but way faster
and You Can use CrossFire , While You Cant use Sli with 1060 :(
There are pros and Cons in the end i will be on the Budget , and needs

i didn't knew that.Help me with this i got jagged graphics and flickering problems on 60hz screens will 120+ hz TV help prevent that?
Tone down the settings. Look for Freesync monitor as well. The earliest versions didn't support it but not sure about PS4. XBox and PS both use Jaguar cores from AMD.

On side note, Scorpio is going to support Freesync 2.

I can think about it but what will be the price difference any thing above 1000 usd is a big no no for me
You choice of 7500 is $200 and 1500X is $189. Also, you will need to buy a cooler in 7500's case since its way too cheap. 1500X has one of the beefiest stock cooler.

Tone down the settings. Look for Freesync monitor as well. The earliest versions didn't support it but not sure about PS4. XBox and PS both use Jaguar cores from AMD.

On side note, Scorpio is going to support Freesync 2.

You choice of 7500 is $200 and 1500X is $189. Also, you will need to buy a cooler in 7500's case since its way too cheap. 1500X has one of the beefiest stock cooler.
have you tested a ryzen system

I have a confession to make I use lg 49ub8200 4k tv as a monitor its in my office and the other monitors that I have are useless for gaming

Cooler for i5 7500? why? stock is enough you can't overclock it.
7500 is not overclockable anyways but these things get pretty toasty and in summer without proper cooling they go bad really quick.

In my own case I had 1st gen i5 with stock cooler and just when summer started the cooler died on me and the PC won't start. Now for RMA I need to send the CPU as well. No PC for the for the next month and a half. Again, I was a starter then and had no extra coolers to dissipate heat. YMMV.

have you tested a ryzen system

I have a confession to make I use lg 49ub8200 4k tv as a monitor its in my office and the other monitors that I have are useless for gaming
To be honest, I have a 6700K with GTX 1080. Deja vu, I also have a LG U68- white as monitor (4k IPS). My monitor has Freesync but my graphics card is from Team Green. I can play 4k games in high with no hiccups (close to 60 FPS) but the newer games have are giving me issues where I have to lower down the resolution and/or settings.

I am trying to promote AMD here but I don't own anything from them. That makes me a false preacher. Just to clarify, I am looking to upgrade myself to Ryzen 1700 but waiting for vega (that too if it beats 1080 with great margin).

In my own case I had 1st gen i5 with stock cooler and just when summer started the cooler died on me and the PC won't start. Now for RMA I need to send the CPU as well. No PC for the for the next month and a half. Again, I was a starter then and had no extra coolers to dissipate heat. YMMV.
Maybe a faulty cooler? it can happen temp of my system barely go above 60c even during longer gaming sessions but than airflow is good in my system case fans etc are really important too fawad is tight on budget and a cooler can put more strain on the budget.

Maybe a faulty cooler? it can happen temp of my system barely go above 60c even during longer gaming sessions but than airflow is good in my system case fans etc are really important too fawad is tight on budget and a cooler can put more strain on the budget.
Totally agreed. Anywayz mine was 1st gen so it was on maybe 32nm process and 7500 is on the 14nm+ process so there goes a lot of heat generation as well.

I am just giving my opinion to help others make an informed decision since I follow tech and PC personally. In any case, I don't mean to push them for something unnecessary.

No matter how much I like ryzen but I think I will go with tried and tested

I am itching to play battlefield 1 i am sure you have played it on both ps4 and your pc whats the difference

I am itching to play battlefield 1 i am sure you have played it on both ps4 and your pc whats the difference
Not too much difference but on PC it's obviously more smoother because it's a really well optimized game though pick it up when it's on sale if you're buying it for MP because you know PING is really bad in countries outside of europe or US :(

ME: Andromeda, tried and played till just past the prologue mission.

this thing is a disaster, some of the facial animations on the npcs, random folk just loitering around in a hub area etc, are worse than first gen playstation

horrible lipsync problems in the cutscenes

the characters, those I've encountered so far, are not just ugly but written uninspired, even the random banter between squadmates on a mission feels low budget/b movie style, cringy, to say the least.

even the 1 krogan I've encountered so far looks diminutive and sissy, no grunt in his? voice, maybe it's a she, or a trans Krogan LOL

combat, got rid of the tactical pause wtf, which I knew from the reviews but it doesn't feel like mass effect, the shooting is fun

and they have a desi voicing an arrogant salarian, I picked the accent up and did a check, I was thinking it might be an indian, turns out it's some 'murrican pakistani lol.

if you must have desis, give them a whole new alien race to voice, salarians sound like ben shapiro :P

the whole vibe is really boring too

I don't think it gets too much better from here.

glad I'm pirating it, would have absolutely hated myself for giving bioware montreal any money for this.

shit out of ten as a "mass effect", but who knows, maybe they'll make up for it in the next one if this is supposed to be a trilogy too.

Back
Top Bottom