What's new

Very Sad to see Pervez Musharraf

Let us recall the "Rawalpindi Conspiracy" event of 1951 which was initiated by some leftists in Pakistan including the poet Faiz Ahmed Faiz and sought to bring a revolutionary leftist movement to governance.

I am disappointed that there has been no such attempt in India. So many problems in India would have been removed.
There have been democratic leftist governments in WB, Kerala, North east. We do not appreciate a coup in democratic India. If you tolerate one coup, you set a precedent and lose the moral authority to criticize another one later.

Wasn't it Zia ul Haq who called the Pakistani Constitution a piece of paper which he can tear up at will ? Yet he is not demonized, which should be done so, to the extent that Musharraf is. At least among many civilians. Zia should have been removed.
If Zia is not demonized in Pakistan, then it is their problem. They have always been romantic about military leaders overthrowing elected govts.

Musharraf took the brave step and raided the Lal Masjid den of some of the mullahs and mullans. I don't see others doing it since his leadership ended.
How much of it was for genuine concern for Pakistan and how much to protect his own place at the helm.

The "collective will of the people" can be wrong at times. Many times. India for instance, in most of its provinces, is being governed not by wisdom and rational thought but by pandering to the collective foolishness of the people. There is a word for this which I fail to recollect now.
If one election turns up a wrong leader, then root him out in the next elections. You may be the most intelligent and may feel that the majority are foolish, but if you try to impose your smartness on others, then it will cause disturbance in society.

Pakistanis behaving wrongly with the one sensible ruler they had in decades.
Indians trying to evoke old divisions and hate sentiments..

I loved Musharaf and still do, but, the law is the law, without exceptions.

She could have been buried in Pakistan, there was no hindrance, her burial is by the choice of the family, if he does not want to go back because of the court cases then that's his choice.

Just because he was a good ruler, does not mean he is above the law. I pray she rests in peace

Very sad :( to see Pervez Musharraf like this.
He buried his mother in Dubai.
Because he is not allowed to come back to Pakistan?

View attachment 727634

View attachment 727635
Resting place Zuhra Musharraf
Genesis: March 31, 1919
Death: January 15, 2021
Where did everyone get featured in Lala and Gul
What will be the faces of the dust that they grew up
Qusais Graveyard
https://maps.app.goo.gl/WPfJkGrSQa687agF7
this is game of thrones for real. he was a contender and in his time his rivals suffered. unfortunate as it is but its a reality,
giving NRO was last nail in the coffin in his bid for leading Pakistan,. other misfortune was picking up a fight with CJ Iftikhar CH at the time when he was already under siege by religious extremists and Nawaz league top it off the role of Gen Kyani, war on terror and the assassination of Benazir was the last blow.

Considering he will never come back to Pakistan again he made the right decision. No matter what he did and how he did it he shall always be my hero. Getting rid of that turd blossom Nawaz choar was the biggest service he ever di for his country.

Let us recall the "Rawalpindi Conspiracy" event of 1951 which was initiated by some leftists in Pakistan including the poet Faiz Ahmed Faiz and sought to bring a revolutionary leftist movement to governance.

I am disappointed that there has been no such attempt in India. So many problems in India would have been removed.

Wasn't it Zia ul Haq who called the Pakistani Constitution a piece of paper which he can tear up at will ? Yet he is not demonized, which should be done so, to the extent that Musharraf is. At least among many civilians. Zia should have been removed.

Musharraf took the brave step and raided the Lal Masjid den of some of the mullahs and mullans. I don't see others doing it since his leadership ended.

The "collective will of the people" can be wrong at times. Many times. India for instance, in most of its provinces, is being governed not by wisdom and rational thought but by pandering to the collective foolishness of the people. There is a word for this which I fail to recollect now.

Who did he kill ?
Zia ul Haq is exactly the same as Musharraf. He too deposed a leader elected by the Pakistanis.

It doesn't matter whether he did one (or more) good thing(s), his actions are built on the foundations of subverting the will of the people. That's treason.

How is it that you admire him? He subverted the Pakistani constitution, removed the leader that their people chose. Essentially he chose to disregard the collective will of Pakistani people.

Anyone who removes the elected head of the country is a traitor.
Ignore him, he has a fetish for dictators.

Bury me where I fall and leave no elaborate tombstone. My great grandfather, born in Ridoli and buried in Taxila, great maternal grandmother born in lucknow and buried Jannat ul baqi in Medina - it doesn’t matter where and how, everyone is gathering at the same place at the end of days anyway.
Musharraf’s fate however is still better than Iskandar Mirza since he made his dough along with S aziz before leaving the nation with the near terminal cancer of NRO. Iskandar Mirza died in near poverty in the UK I believe.

Tearing apart constitution is million times better than allowing foreign forces to breach sovereignty.
A leader who saved Pakistan from a certain invasion. USA couldn't do much.
So geo Mery musharraf.
Wetted his pu**y on a single call from bush. Hundreds of drone attacks killed thousands of Pakistanis. What more invasion do you want?

A military leader who did a coup on civilian govt.
In India, such a leader would have been prosecuted and put behind bars. Pakistan has treated him much more leniently.
Would you kindly keep your nation out of this conversation. Pakistan is not a province of India ,We have our own political history and dynamics as any sovereign nation would have . There have been 19 military coups or coup attempts in another South Asian nation . We have plenty to say about "electing" a leader who was banned from travel from many countries for crimes against humanity, Musharraf has never had an international travel ban on him.

Wow she had a life of 102 years.
Younger generation won't have that much life longevity.
My father passed away at 68 too early in comparison. Makes me feel sad sometimes. Well what can I do ..

With medical advancements, expect people to become teenagers for a second time (113+) more often.

Musharraf did make many mistakes or blunders but still he was far far better than Zardari, NS, IK. I did not see any ruler better than him in last 30-35 years.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom