What's new

Very sad if India boycotted London Olympics: British PM

So?? In India 100,000 people die every year in road accidents many of which is caused by bad roads..lets execute the minister for land transport.

But I don't think he have to face jail or worse execution.

Depends on the nature of the crime Rupert Murdoch matter was not one of mass murder if it had been he might have found himself behind bars.

Your logic is twisted bad roads can be found everywhere incidents like Bhopal do not happen everyday :disagree:

Just bcs an incident is rare in nature doesn't make the laws any different. It should be the same for everybody.

You cant compare a rail accident to Bhopal which is the worse industrial incident the world has ever seen.

Your logic is twisted if a goverment motor vehicle runs over someone the fault lies with the driver, have you heard of the Rupert Murdoch case in UK? did he not have to face a investigation and answer questions in UK? when he is a Australian national.

Mudroch was questioned because his role in the whole episode was not clear.He could have had full knowledge of hackings thus his questioning was justified.

Was mudroch thrown into jail for misdeeds of his employees?

The letter highlights the irresponsibility of the US company Union Carbide whose inadequate safety procedures lead to an accident which has resulted in 20,000 deaths and 150,000 reported incidences of sickness or injuries. It calls for the US Government to ensure that representatives of Dow Chemical, the US company which bought Union Carbide, and Warren Anderson (former chairman of Union Carbide) face trial in the Bhopal Criminal court.

Ultimately the blame starts with the CEO he should have faced trail in India but alas we let him go scot free.

If India grows some guts and boycotts the London Olympics, I fully support them in this. What Union Carbide did in India was a colonial genocide and they have not yet been punished for it. Remember the Gulf of Mexico oil leak? US got tens of billions of dollars in damages despite the fact that far fewer people died in that incident. What India has got for all those who died or are living with disability till today? Zilch or peanuts. An Indian is worth much less than an American, that is what British proved.

I don't think the British will ever pay or compensate the Indians for the tragedy and losses they suffered. As for the BP oil spill in the US, Britain's arse is owned by US, UK is a US satellite state of course they where going to pay, in fact they are still working to rebuild and compensate people.

I don't even think the Indian Government did enough to ever pressure Britain into compensating them.

Mudroch was questioned because his role in the whole episode was not clear.He could have had full knowledge of hackings thus his questioning was justified.

Was mudroch thrown into jail for misdeeds of his employees?

Was he not questioned in UK? whether guilty or not that is for the UK courts to decide in this case Murdoch said he had no knowledge on the phone hacking episode.

I don't think the British will ever pay or compensate the Indians for the tragedy and losses they suffered. As for the BP oil spill in the US, Britain's arse is owned by US, UK is a US satellite state of course they where going to pay, in fact they are still working to rebuild and compensate people.

I don't even think the Indian Government did enough to ever pressure Britain into compensating them.

DOW is an American MNC. Our problem is with London Olympics taking sponsorship from DOW.

The letter highlights the irresponsibility of the US company Union Carbide whose inadequate safety procedures lead to an accident which has resulted in 20,000 deaths and 150,000 reported incidences of sickness or injuries. It calls for the US Government to ensure that representatives of Dow Chemical, the US company which bought Union Carbide, and Warren Anderson (former chairman of Union Carbide) face trial in the Bhopal Criminal court.

Ultimately the blame starts with the CEO he should have faced trail in India but alas we let him go scot free.

This is the basic point of difference we have.Could blame for an accident start from top?

by this logic Mikhail Gorbachev could be held guilty for Chernobyl.

Was he not questioned in UK? whether guilty or not that is for the UK courts to decide in this case Murdoch said he had no knowledge on the phone hacking episode.

But he was not charged or even put in jail.

He was flown out in a Govt plane. Why we are not taking about this and punish those stooges?

This is what Union Carbide did to Bhopal:

During the last few minutes of Sunday 2nd December 1984, a deeply poisonous gas, methyl-isocyanate (MIC) began leaking from a massive storage tank at Union Carbide’s pesticide factory in Bhopal. Not one of the factory’s safety systems was working. The refrigeration unit which should have cooled the tank had been switched off months earlier to save $37.68 per day on freon coolant, the vent gas scrubber was partially dismantled. The warning siren was switched off, the flare tower was inadequate to cope with the volume of gases, superheated to 400†C, that were rushing through pipes at 180 mph blistering and charring paintwork, exploding into the night air. The factory did not have sufficient water pressure for fire hoses to be sprayed on the escaping gases, so the reaction continued until the huge tank, as big as a locomotive, was empty and 40 tonnes of lethal MIC and other reaction products had bucketed out into the night air over the sleeping city.

Now who was responsible for this? the CEO must have been aware of thes dangerous cost saving measures if not he was not doing his job either way the fault always lies at the top.

He should have faced a Indian court to answer questions about his firms role in the mass murder.

He was flown out in a Govt plane. Why we are not taking about this and punish those stooges?

I said this all along we have no case when our own goverment most probs took bribes and let him go.

DOW is an American MNC. Our problem is with London Olympics taking sponsorship from DOW.

Yeah DOW is an American chemical company, I am saying in general Britain has done nothing whatever tragedy they inflicted in the past they will never compensate for. Neither will the US. I was reading criminal cases have been filed in the US but little has come out of that.

This is the basic point of difference we have.Could blame for an accident start from top?

by this logic Mikhail Gorbachev could be held guilty for Chernobyl.

But he was not charged or even put in jail.

How his Gorbechev responsbile for Chernobyl it was built before his time :lol: your logic is twisted learn the diffrence between state firms and private ones.

oh,you think india is not ignored by GB?

I think Indians seriously overestimate the importance of their participation in the Olympics. From both an athletic and corporate sponsorship perspective, it is a giant non-event to MNC sponsors and competitive Olympians. There will be no asterisk for any Olympian Gold Medal because India skipped unlike in 1980 or 1984. Hope this will be a wake-up call to self-important Indians.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom