What's new

‘Verdict makes me feel like a 2nd-class citizen’

You are right but In my opinion Muslims should give all the land to hindus... and should build baadri masjid somewhere else... at least it will avoid any riots ... :cheers:

Avoiding murders is more important than building a mosque in my opinion.. :)

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no news of even a minor clash after verdict.

come on guys,the whole India,1 billion over population are not agressive about the verdict and are not protesting on road,why u guys are worried about it..
accept the verdict,not any 3rd class journalist
not even single stone was lifted from ground bcoz of the verdict,it's called harmony and peace,the world should learn from this

:lol: Your frustation sums it up all Siri! :rofl:

But then DEMOCRATIC and SECULAR INDIA myth get busted this way.:agree: Are you ready to abandon it while you stay and defend your idea of INDIANESS on forums like PDF? :lol:

Get a life man!

Fighter

As some one said - In a Hindu majority country,the Hindus have to wait for 60 years and counting to build a temple on one of their most sacred places and still it is not secular.

What a joke.!!

And do explain how Democracy and secularism got busted yesterday..?Waiting for the reply.

Are you in your senses? Before the judgment? You are saying as the bench of Allahbad high court was carrying a card of thier FAITH and BELEIF, every time the heard the case in court?

And so what are you trying to say.?

Muslims have an understanding that the case would be decided based on facts and legal points. They do not had an idea that HINDU FAITH AND SENTIMENTS would decide the case!

Fighter

And where has Hindu faith determined the case?. It is the evidence produced by the ASI that decided the case.

Obvioulsy you need to study the judgement of the 3 learned judges before jumping.

And again I repeat,If Muslims think that they can get the whole land,sorry the Hindus cannot allow that.

The most that can be allowed is a division of the Land as suggested by the court.Nothing more,,,Nothing less.

P.s.: Im off this thread ..I dont like washing the dirty linen in public as you are doing.Be happy that Muslims have got 1/3 land on a place that is as Madina is to the Muslims.

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no news of even a minor clash after verdict.

I know brother... and it's good that there is no clash but there have been many clashes between hindus and muslims in the past... So to avoid any clash I was giving an idea of how the muslims should behave in such situation ....

After all it's just a piece of land now ..

But I think the persons who were responsible for the shahadat of Babri Masjid should have got punishment but I think they were not...

But I think the persons who were responsible for the shahadat of Babri Masjid should have got punishment but I think they were not...

Yeah, that case is still running in court and is a different one, this one is about the ownership and the other one is about destroying a mosque(which is a criminal offence) i am sure the perpetrators will be brought to the book...

No Winners and No Losers, move along people.

I am not a Hindu,
Nor a Muslim am I!
I am this body, a play
Of five elements; a drama
Of the spirit dancing
With joy and sorrow.
- Kabir

This judgement is a landmark judgement.It has given an opportunity to Hindus and Muslims to co-exist and worship in the same place.Anybody who is feeling like a second class citizen,has failed to realize,it would have been very easy to hand over the entire land to the hindus,but it would not have served the interest of the nation which is a syncretic culture.This is a hindu majority country,and yet we had to prove the existence of a "deity". I think that in itself negates the reason for any muslim to feel offended by this judgement.Hardliners will never be satisfied with anything,but the sensible are,and that's what counts.

Typical Muslim mentality, they are hard to get pleased. @Fighter488, Most of the Hindus don't like Indian version of secularism, but you should be thankful to the majority community that India is still secular to minorities.

Pathetic!!

Post reported for religious bigotry..

People like you bring shame to the entire country and very principals on which this country is established.

Its ppl like you, who ask Indian Muslims to abide by their whims and fancies and if they don't.. you ask them to go to Pakistan!!

If you don't like secular India..here an idea ..why don't you move to Nepal..thats a hindu country..I am sure you ll be able follow your bigoted agenda there.

Who the hell are you ask Indian Muslims to be glad or thankful..this country is as much their as it yours ...people like you make me sick.

PS : as far as the verdict is concerned, I can live with it..there were three parties to the dispute..all three got one third piece of land..that is fine by me.

Babri mosque verdict
Dawn Editorial
Friday, 01 Oct, 2010

Nearly two decades after Hindu zealots tore down the 16th-century Babri mosque in the Indian town of Ayodhya, there appears to be some sense of closure to the divisive issue. Or is there? After all, when religion, mythology and politics come together in issues such as this, the mix is nothing less than incendiary.

Whatever the debate over the claims that the demolished mosque was built over the janambhoomi or birthplace of Hindu deity Ram, the Allahabad High Court ruled on Thursday that the disputed site would be divided into three portions: two would go to as many Hindu organisations while the third would go to a Muslim group. Perhaps this was the only tenable solution considering the divergent views of the three-member bench: Justice Sudhir Agarwal felt “the building in dispute was constructed after demolition of a non-Islamic religious structure i.e. a Hindu temple”, while Justice S.U. Khan’s findings were that “no temple was demolished for constructing the mosque”. Certainly, at first glance it appears to be a judgment in favour of Hindu demands. However, it is hoped that the demarcation is done amicably and fairly. The Sunni Waqf Board has decided to appeal the decision in the Indian Supreme Court.

For the Congress-led government — under whose watch the mosque was demolished in 1992 (though a BJP government was in power in Uttar Pradesh and the party’s leaders egged on the fanatics) — the verdict must have come as a relief. A totally pro-Hindu verdict would have put a question mark on the government’s secular credentials while a pro-Muslim judgment would have alienated the government from the Hindu majority. The Indian government was taking no chances as nearly 200,000 troops fanned out across UP — 40,000 of them in Ayodhya alone. Perhaps the memories of communal violence in the aftermath of the mosque’s destruction were still fresh. Both before and after the verdict the Indian government fervently appealed for calm. The verdict also comes at a time when the Indian government is faced with a number of security problems, including securing the controversy-plagued Commonwealth Games, unrest in Kashmir and the Maoist insurgency.

Elements within the Indian political spectrum — especially the Hindu right — have milked the issue for political mileage. The first recorded incidents of violence surrounding the Babri mosque did not emerge until the middle of the 19th century. It was only in the mid-’80s that the Sangh Parivar made building the Ram temple its ideological rallying cry. Though what happened in 1992 is inexcusable, perhaps the verdict will be viewed as pragmatic if it soothes communal passions and ensures such ugly incidents do not happen again.

DAWN.COM | Editorial | Babri mosque verdict

Von Hölle;1172131 said:
Pathetic!!

Post reported for religious bigotry..

If you don't like secular India..here an idea ..why don't you move to Nepal..thats a hindu country..I am sure you ll be able follow your bigoted agenda there.

This is what i called reading between lines, where did i mentioned that i didn't like the idea of secularism. I have clearly mentioned "Indian version of secularism", which is no where closer to clear separation of state and church. If Indian state implements uniform civil law to all citizens rather than acting like a bigot, i personally have no problem handing over land to muslims.

@fighter488

you must understand that the place is one of the most sacred places of hinduism(like kabba sry if my spelling is wrong) would you allow a temple in mecca near the kabba ? Sorry if I sound blunt, as a hindu, I think we have made a great sacrifice(which is good :)) by alloting place for a mosque in the MOST SACRED PLACE of hinduism, you realize there was a temple before right? technically our MOST SACRED PLACE was snatched away from us by babar......and we were only taking back 1/3 of it. I thought of all people, indian muslims would understand the significance. How would you feel if the christians destroy the kabba, and build a church over it....? I know this is provocative, so I apolosize in advance.....

I agree with you partially. It is the most sacred place for the followers of Hindu faith. Its just another Mosque for the Indian Muslims.

However, your blunt part is what makes the minoriy faith follower rather uncomfortable. There was no temple accoridng to the interim ASI report before the report had a 180 turnaround.

Sikh didn't get any justice on the 1984 riots. Justice is yet to be delivered also on the Bomaby and Gujrat riots. However, justice was delivered based on a mumbo jumbo ASI report.

Fighters concern is real. If you are the majority you can have your way in India.

Guys, try to understand this - what other WORKABLE alternative did the court have?

- Could it have given the whole of the site to the Hindus? It would have lead to a lot of alienation and severe disappointment to the Muslims to get nothing out of the verdict.

- Could it have ruled completely in favour of the Muslims? Suppose it did - which governent would have been able to remove the idols already installed there? Lakhs of devotees from different parts of India and Nepal come to pray before the idols every month.

Either of these would have almost certainly lead to communal violence and deep communal fissures. I can't speak for the Indian Muslims but many many Indian Hindus would have been severely disappointed with a verdict completely favouring the Mosque. I wouldn't have run around with a machette in my hand, but from what I have seen in the gali-mohallas during the last week or so, it would have only taken a minor spark to ignite violence. Unfortunately, that is the reality of our society today.

Now, what the judiciary needs to do is to punish those responsible for the Babri demolition and the subsequent riots.

Back
Top Bottom