What's new

‘Verdict makes me feel like a 2nd-class citizen’

sorry for being of the topic but i wanted paste this song of this great person...my heart goes mad when i hear this song...i am admirer of him from my childhood days....

sāre jahān se acchā hindostān hamārā
ham bulbulain hai is ki, yeh gulsitān hamārā

ghurbat men hon agar ham, rahta hai dil vatan men
samjho vahīn hamen bhī, dil hain jahān hamārā

parbat voh sab se ūnchā, hamsāya āsmān ka
voh santari hamārā, voh pāsbān hamārā

godi men kheltī hain is ki hazāron nadiyā
gulshan hai jin ke dam se, rashk-e-janān hamārā

aye āb, raud, ganga, voh din hen yād tujhko
utarā tere kināre, jab kārvān hamārā

maz'hab nahīn sikhātā āpas men bayr rakhnā
hindvi hai ham, vatan hai hindostān hamārā

yūnān-o-misr-o-romā, sab miṭ gaye jahān se
ab tak magar hai bāqi, nām-o-nishān hamārā

kuch bāt hai keh hastī, miṭati nahīn hamārī
sadiyon rahā hai dushman, daur-e-zamān hamārā

iqbal ko'ī meharam, apnā nahīn jahān men
m'alūm kya kisī ko, dard-e-nihān hamārā

Translation
Better than the entire world, is our Hindustan;
we are its nightingales of mirth, and it is our garden abode

Though in foreign lands we may reside, with our homeland our hearts abide,
Regard us also to be there, where exist our hearts

That mountain most high, neighbor to the skies;
it is our sentinel; it is our protector

In the lap of whose, play thousands of rivers;
gardens they sustain; the envy-of-the-heavens of ours

O waters of the Ganga mighty, do you recall the day
when on your banks, did land the caravan of ours

Religion does not teach us to harbour grudges between us
Indians we all are; India, our motherland

While Greece, Egypt , Rome have all been wiped out
till now yet remains, this civilization of ours {it has stood the test of time}

Something there is that keeps us,our entity from being eroded
For ages has been our enemy, the way of the world

Iqbal! Is there no soul that could
understand the pain in thy heart?

let me add....

I really like
n-modi.jpg

You cannot curb the feelings of majority beware its democracy

Statements like these are exactly the reason why Fighter 488 & other Indian Muslims feel aggrieved. What exactly is your point here? To gloat? Showing a picture of a man in whose administration, one of the worst communal riots took place is just your attempt to try & add salt to the wound. What is the connection between Narendra Modi & this?

We are trying to keep this civil & look at the judgment as dispassionately as we can. Your "might is right" attitude is seriously amiss here.

Btw, Democracy is not Mobocracy, the rule of the mob. You will find yourself as disappointed by democracy as some here are because anticipated riots have not taken place after this judgment.

Muslims drifting towards BJP in Gujarat, says Muslim leader

If newly elected corporator Babi Sama is to be believed, Muslims of Gujarat are shedding their antipathy to the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). The first Muslim woman to be elected on BJP ticket in the just held municipal corporation elections, Sama is convinced that there is a change of heart in the Muslim community.

"This is happening not just in my ward but all over the state," Sama told IANS after scoring an emphatic win here. "Muslims are moving towards the BJP."

She credits the development to Chief Minister Narendra Modi. "It is mainly because of the chief minister. I have also not encountered any ill-will nor has my husband who has been with the BJP for 15 years. We have been comfortable in the party of our choice all along," she said.

Sama is considered a star in the BJP's spectacular show in six major cities of Gujarat in elections to municipal corporations that took place on Sunday.

Sama, 43, is the wife of Habib Sama, a two-term general secretary of the BJP minority cell of Rajkot city.

"The people have voted overwhelmingly for Chief Minister Narendra Modi," she said, crediting him with the state's economic and infrastructure development.

Sama was elected from ward 18 of the Rajkot Municipal Corporation in the Jungleshwar-Rukhadiapura area.

She says that in earlier years, fellow Muslims would chide them for not working for the Congress -- the community's traditional first choice in politics.

Over the years, as she and her husband came to be identified as the Muslim face of the BJP in Gujarat, opinions began to change.

"A stage has now been reached where the development oriented initiatives of Narendra Modi are drawing the Muslim community towards the party." she said.

According to Sama, both Hindus and Muslims desire development. When they see it happening, people are likely to be drawn towards the party behind it.

"Chief Minister Modi is a magnet in this regard who has mesmerized people with his hard work and people oriented governance," she said.

"Of the total 33,600 voters in our ward, almost 9,400 are Muslims. A fair number voted for the BJP this time," she says. The bulk voting helped her to defeat Manjulaben Hindoja of the Congress.

Muslims drifting towards BJP in Gujarat, says Muslim leader - Hindustan Times

Back
Top Bottom