What's new

Vegetarians live longer, study says

Fine, even french fries are bad though. Or what if I make everything fried :lol:

Your body, your rules :P.

Although, pigging out is an option afforded in veganism which can't be said about meat consumption. You can eat as much celery(a negative caloric food) or carrots you want without any encountering any problem. Moderation has a far more explicit context with meat, eat too much and you will drop dead.

lot of converts(to non-veg) these days with the kind of Fast food chains attracting vegetarians to have the taste of some good meat albeit mostly limited to chicken. for a majority it is religious reason as well as natural instinct to justify their habit(vegetarianism). atleast in big cities, this is slowly changing.

So what ?

What is the use of those extra years .. when you can not enjoy beef ?

So what ?

What is the use of those extra years .. when you can not enjoy beef ?

well..why just beef then....why not pork?

I eat Chicken, Goat Meat, Pork, Beef, almost all fish available in India and also like veg food..so, i guess i am gonna get mix of both.... :P

How sad that all people can think of veg food is fast food like cheese burger and stuff.

what abt some whole wheat roti & saag/channa/raajma.

Moreover, if living longer has no point then why try to live at all in the first place?

I dont even knw whether veg vs non veg research is true but your reasons for not living longer dont make sense.

All I am doing is being realistic, even if you don't agree with me on that point, think about this. What is the likelihood that most people will reach that age anyways? People die every day due to unnatural accidents, murders, car crashes, etc. IMO people make risks ten times worse than eating some meat every day, eating meat is probably the least detrimental thing most people do in their lives.

Guys ... get serious.

How can you not like this ?

mediumrare.jpg

raresteak.jpg

B12 is the problem...or else there in nothing that you wont get from a vegetarian diet..although you still can get B12 from the dairy products..but many people are lactose intolerant and might be deprived of that..best would be get yourself a b12 shot may once a month pr bi weekly...as the body can store B12 for a long period of time and the excess is thrown out through urine. There have been many studies showing that vegans are far more healthy and live longer than non vegetarians.

Vegeteriasim is still Ok but Veganism is worse.

Vegans do not use any animal products only plant based not even milk or any dairy products and even honey,

A few of the things vegans avoid is meat, poultry, seafood, eggs, dairy products, honey, fur, leather, wool, and silk.

As per a 2008 survey 0.5% of Americans claimed to be Vegans!

Generally Vegans take some supplements for Iron, Vitamin B12, Omega 3 fatty acids etc..

My grandfather's half sister lived to be 146 years old eating meat. All I can is that these studies are bullshit.

And YES. She was there before partition. I will eat meat, because I love it.

My grandfather's half sister lived to be 146 years old eating meat. All I can is that these studies are bullshit.

And YES. She was there before partition. I will eat meat, because I love it.

146 years ?? Yeah right! Older than the oldest person ever known....

Back
Top Bottom