What's new

Veena Malik Vs Molvi Sahab - Justifying her act in Big Boss

No I haven't heard from any Mufti Sahib that TV is haram. What I have heard is that using TV in a wrong way is haram. Frankly I myself consider programs like big boss as haram for my self and I am not following it at all. However, when u browse through channel you can not deny u haven't seen any part of it. Same goes to stage dramas and mujras.

Please people distinguish between a Mufti and a normal holier than thou molvi. Mufti is a very educated person in Islamic Jurisprudence. Please respect your scholars.

Although it was not wise for Mufti Sahib to come to that program but he came and gave his interpretation. You and I have the right to disagree with him but why are we insulting that scholar. We do not insult a liberal person when he gives his idea which we do not like. Some of us are in favour of Judges movement, does that mean if Ahmed Raza Kasuri defends Mushraff we start calling lawyers and A R Kasuri as stupid illiterate etc etc . No we don't we listen to what he says and form our own idea based on our own interpretation. I dunno why we are against that when it comes to Islamic point of views.
You know when a Fatwah against Salman Taseer was issued that ultimately became a cause of his demise.

None of them were Mufti's... only Maulvi peoples gathered and issued a Fatwah.. that in my opinion was against Islamic Jurisprudence as they were ineligible to so do

Mufti's are usually a very different class but unfortunately we start generalizing when it comes to religion...

No I haven't heard from any Mufti Sahib that TV is haram. What I have heard is that using TV in a wrong way is haram. Frankly I myself consider programs like big boss as haram for my self and I am not following it at all. However, when u browse through channel you can not deny u haven't seen any part of it. Same goes to stage dramas and mujras.

Please people distinguish between a Mufti and a normal holier than thou molvi. Mufti is a very educated person in Islamic Jurisprudence. Please respect your scholars.

Although it was not wise for Mufti Sahib to come to that program but he came and gave his interpretation. You and I have the right to disagree with him but why are we insulting that scholar. We do not insult a liberal person when he gives his idea which we do not like. Some of us are in favour of Judges movement, does that mean if Ahmed Raza Kasuri defends Mushraff we start calling lawyers and A R Kasuri as stupid illiterate etc etc . No we don't we listen to what he says and form our own idea based on our own interpretation. I dunno why we are against that when it comes to Islamic point of views.
The thing is Maulvi society ko tameez hi nahi hai, wonder which hole they lived their lives in that they can't talk to women properly. You can't speak this way even to a prostitute. Our society thinks they are super moral, when they don't even know how to give respect to a woman.

The maulvi kept asking what would her brother's reaction be on seeing her in the house... Mufti was no great person, his aukaad was on full display by talking about her husn-o-jamaal on TV. In most cases, in a country like Pakistan, if he would've done this at any other venue he would've been chapair-o-chapair.

The resistance has started, after Taseer's death, aise maulvion ko ****** hi hona hai... There is no room for hesitance and we need to give it back to them in full.

Asim sir why are you so much against scholars ? why don't you blame miss bokhari more ? And sir what resistance has started after the death of governor Punjab the anti Islamic resistance I agree with muslmaan that insulting scholars is not the way to go about it can you quote one big mufti who gave fatwa against the governor people who know Islamic jurisprudence Didn't do it it's the media you should blame and a person of your caliber should be able to tell the difference between a good molvi and jahil one but saying all molvis are notankis is not right in my view best regards M

Veena Malik is a pathetic actress but the way she handled this molvi deserves her some respect.

Why does religion have to come into every single thing? Keep religion to yourself instead of shoving them down other people's throats. Live and let live.

some of the things you say mr ashiq I read it in another thread I must tell you that you should not say those things ur philosophy of live and let live is great but don't shove ur ideas down our throat as well and no more religion talking because it's not our mansub so you shouldn't do it as well

COMMENT: Who is afraid of Veena Malik? —Yasser Latif Hamdani

After 63 years of independent existence, a constitution, one of the largest armies in the world and a nuclear arsenal to boot, we still feel insecure about our identity as Pakistanis when it comes to the Indians. May I ask the ghairat brigade why a country of 180 million people suddenly feels threatened by the actions of one of its citizens?

Veena Malik is our new punching bag. As I write this article, yet another TV show anchor has gathered a number of misguided and self-righteous but confident youth to bash Veena Malik, who has become the focal point of our collective honour. Voices of reason and common sense are drowned out by the thumping of hands and feet of our post-Zia populism.

Still one must attempt to talk reason and sense to this new semi-educated, completely unenlightened and socially illiterate urban ‘middle class’ high on the opium of honour and shame even if it is incapable of understanding that not everyone carries the chip of culture, tradition and honour of an entire country on their shoulder. Veena Malik went on the Bigg Boss show in her personal capacity and was not representing anyone but herself. She was not representing the indigenous cultures of Pakistan, the Muslim woman or even the working woman. Given that most of our urban middle class loves to watch Indian films and Indian television, the only possible ‘charge’ against her seems to be that she is a Pakistani woman. My suggestion is that we should think 100 times before making Pakistani citizenship a crime in Pakistan. It has already become almost that in many other countries in the world.

Let me reiterate that Veena did not do or wear anything on the show that is unacceptable in Pakistan’s media, fashion and society circles. I certainly would not want to pass judgement on the goings on in our entertainment industry. Still, the irony here is that Veena is being castigated for her “short dresses”, but only a year earlier we were ready to declare Indian tennis star Sania Mirza our collective national bahu (daughter-in-law) despite her tennis attire, which was as short if not more. Of course, we quickly backtracked after she delivered a stinging and well-deserved slap on our collective national face by saying that she was merely cricketer Shoaib Malik’s wife and not Pakistan’s bahu.

Indeed, there are many in our ghairat brigade who think that by acting like a “buri aurat” (loose woman), Veena Malik has tarnished Pakistan’s image abroad. Of course, the same guardians of Pakistan’s image are not bothered in the slightest by bloodshed and murder in broad daylight. Some of them, including leading columnists and writers in the national press, actually support murder and bloodshed. To our ghairat brigade it does not matter that the world thinks of Pakistan as a terrorist haven. It matters however that a young woman, who has chosen to earn her bread and butter through the entertainment industry and has managed against adversity to educate her siblings through it, is somehow defiling Pakistani culture by wearing clothes on an Indian television show that are considered the norm in Pakistan’s entertainment industry. Should Veena have reinforced the stereotypes of Pakistan by wearing a burqa or swimming in a burqini? Would that not be hypocrisy?

It is then argued that with India there is a special sensitivity involved. This, of course, is the crux of the matter. After 63 years of independent existence, a constitution, one of the largest armies in the world and a nuclear arsenal to boot, we still feel insecure about our identity as Pakistanis especially when it comes to the Indians. Indians, of course, have a lot to do with it, but may I ask the ghairat brigade why a country of 180 million people suddenly feels threatened by the actions of one of its citizens? Are Pakistan’s ‘ideological frontiers’ so permeable as to crumble every time an actress from Pakistan wears ‘inappropriate’ clothing in India, clothing that is a norm in the Pakistani entertainment and fashion industry? I am frankly unsure of what these ideological frontiers are. After all, the same ghairat brigade never raises an eyebrow when Maulana Fazlur Rehman and his party declare — time and again — that Jinnah was not a real freedom fighter. Instead, the ghairat brigade supports the appointment of reactionaries from his party to the highest offices of Islamic ideology.

I digress. Getting back to Veena Malik, the kind of hate that is being promoted against this one individual is a dangerous trend. We have already seen where that leads. The country cannot afford such violence anymore. The ulema and anchors who are raising a hue and cry against her have clearly forgotten the lessons of Islam, which enjoins every believer to avoid slander and libel against individuals. Making this an issue right now when the state is going through an unprecedented upheaval will only lead to further heartbreak. The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) should take immediate action against all the anchors who are trying to exploit a poor woman for their own ratings. To me, Pakistan’s honour and integrity are violated by their actions and by the actions of those they condone, including those cricketers who are allegedly involved in spot fixing. My appeal to all of these champions of Pakistan’s honour is to cry “halt” before it is too late and there is nothing left to defend.

The writer is a lawyer. He also blogs at Pak Tea House | Pakistan – past, present and future and can be reached at yasser.hamdani@gmail.com

she is an idiot for sure , after lookign at some of her video i realised that.

but an idiot also have the right to exist in a free world. let her free and her faith free.

why do thes mulla have to enter into everybody's skirt ?

what she has done is nobody's business and one girl and her act doesnt represent whole country.

-x-x-x-xx-x

at a bigger level - i think she have done a better job than most people.

people in india must have realized oh she is a friggin idiot and funny. so paksitanis are just like us.

they also have to deal with their own version of - bimbos like rakhi.

that must have made people come closer.

she is an idiot for sure , after lookign at some of her video i realised that.

but an idiot also have the right to exist in a free world. let her free and her faith free.

why do thes mulla have to enter into everybody's skirt ?

what she has done is nobody's business and one girl and her act doesnt represent whole country.

-x-x-x-xx-x

at a bigger level - i think she have done a better job than most people.

people in india must have realized oh she is a friggin idiot and funny. so paksitanis are just like us.

they also have to deal with their own version of - bimbos like rakhi.

that must have made people come closer.

Veena is much less of an idiot than most people, and there is no way she's even CLOSE to Rakhi's crassness!

She did what she does, and at least did not pretend to be sophisticated.

For the majority it would have been queasy watching her, but she in no way represents the majority.

Wake up people, and think. Does TV ever represent the majority?

What was ashmit patel's behaviour like -- that guy seriously seemed to be having withdrawal effects and ranted and raved incessantly. Does that make the entire Indian nation mad?

Or what about Dolly Bindra -- does it make the entire Indian nation judgmental?

No, it doesn't. So Veena doesn't bring any light on Pakistan ( good or bad).

well RAKHI whatever she does in india woh uskaay ghaar kaa mamlaa hai!

& as for Veena what ever she does in paksitan it should stay in pakistan! but going abroad and acting like a Ho that she is is not acceptable!

ghar mein jo karna hai kaaro lekin bahar(as in the world) mein jakaay tou paksitan ki izzat bachaao!

BUT having said that veena is a knwon Edited in pakistan and represents LOLLYWOOD so she did nothing wrong she went and represented herself just the way she is!

well RAKHI whatever she does in india woh uskaay ghaar kaa mamlaa hai!

& as for Veena what ever she does in paksitan it should stay in pakistan! but going abroad and acting like a Ho that she is is not acceptable!

ghar mein jo karna hai kaaro lekin bahar(as in the world) mein jakaay tou paksitan ki izzat bachaao!

BUT having said that veena is a knwon HO in pakistan and represents LOLLYWOOD so she did nothing wrong she went and represented herself just the way she is!

Your language is entirely unacceptable!

Veena is much less of an idiot than most people, and there is no way she's even CLOSE to Rakhi's crassness!

oh she is bimbo al right , she did show her self to be totally idiot on television.

she is as confused as imran khan - about what she want - every next moment she contradict her self.

as for rakhi - well i dont have the measure stick - but i saw one cabret video if vina malik and i think she is right up there.

She did what she does, and at least did not pretend to be sophisticated.

she did try to portray the picture of love spreader and she is religious too. she did pretend to be something which she is not .

just like those new age asian hip hopper who try to emulate a black rapper with colored hair and piercing but end up looking like just a bl00dy monkey.

For the majority it would have been queasy watching her, but she in no way represents the majority.

she is not majority - infect the whole idea to be a reality show bimbo is to be unorthodox and uncanny.

Wake up people, and think. Does TV ever represent the majority?

i thought television is a just a media propaganda - from news channels to cbs all are - fiction created to make people believe something which they want to .

What was ashmit patel's behaviour like -- that guy seriously seemed to be having withdrawal effects and ranted and raved incessantly. Does that make the entire Indian nation mad?

Or what about Dolly Bindra -- does it make the entire Indian nation judgmental?

no idea i -am one of those mullah i just saw a lil bit in news.

i am the celebatic dummy - i dont watch them tharki shows.

No, it doesn't. So Veena doesn't bring any light on Pakistan ( good or bad).

oh pakistan have enough trouble alright - veena is just giving them a few good humor and laugh.

and be pissed on something which wont hurt and is totally meaning less.

oh she is bimbo al right , she did show her self to be totally idiot on television.

she is as confused as imran khan - about what she want - every next moment she contradict her self.

as for rakhi - well i dont have the measure stick - but i saw one cabret video if vina malik and i think she is right up there.

Why are you so bothered with her contradictions or idiocy?

Just change your channel.

She's an entertainer and she does a fine job. She brought the TRP and stayed on for 84 days despite people in both nations willing to rip her apart.

Get a life, or rather taste, and stop watching cabarets!

she did try to portray the picture of love spreader and she is religious too. she did pretend to be something which she is not .

just like those new age asian hip hopper who try to emulate a black rapper with colored hair and piercing but end up looking like just a bl00dy monkey.

What's your point?

she is not majority - infect the whole idea to be a reality show bimbo is to be unorthodox and uncanny.

It's in FACT and not inFECT.

Same old mistake...

no idea i -am one of those mullah i just saw a lil bit in news.

i am the celebatic dummy - i dont watch them tharki shows.

oh pakistan have enough trouble alright - veena is just giving them a few good humor and laugh.

and be pissed on something which wont hurt and is totally meaning less.

You got the usage of tharki alright.

But what's your point?

i think that this chapter on veena malik is taking a lot of other important aspects like the economic conditions of the people like high oil price,utility bills,job problems etc on the side i mean those are much more important issue's which often the media of pakistan/india/italy/france ignores for TRP ratings while giving undue importance to scandals etc
just my two cents
regards

Back
Top Bottom