What's new

Veena Malik, geo TV CHIEF get 26 years in jail for blasphemy

GreenFoe

Reaction score
SLAMABAD: Pakistan actor Veena Malik, her husband, and the owner of the country's biggest media group, Geo TV, have been sentenced to 26 years in prison by an anti-terrorism court for allegedly airing a blasphemous programme.

Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman, owner of Geo and Jang group, was accused of allowing the airing of a blasphemous programme by Geo television in May, which played a religious song while staging a mock marriage of Malik with Bashir.

Judge Shahbaz Khan also sentenced both Malik and Bashir, along with TV host Shaista Wahidi, to 26 years each. The ATC also imposed a 1.3 million Pakistani rupees fine on the convicts.

The judge said in his judgment that the four accused had committed profanity , and The court in its 40-page verdict also and asked the police to arrest them, an official said. But the order is unlikely to be implemented because the Gilgit-Baltistan region is not considered a full-fledged province by Pakistan and verdicts by its courts do not apply to the rest of the country. and ordered that their properties should be sold to raise the fine, if they fail to pay it.

He said that the convicts can appeal in the regional high court in Gilgit-Baltistan. There are reports that all four are out of Pakistan. Rahman lives in UAE and the other three also went abroad after getting threats from militant groups. It is not known when the arrests will be made. Both Wahidi and the Geo group had tendered apologies after the allegations were levelled but the extremists in the country refused to accept them.Other blasphemy cases were also registered against them in various cities, including Karachi and Islamabad.

Veena Malik, media mogul get 26 years in jail for blasphemy - The Times of India

Even a lower middle class Pakistani wouldn't give a fk about a court decision from Gilgit and here we are talking about a fat cat. :lol:

So that is what anti-terrorism courts in Pakistan do!

Oh well.. there's a reason why I bookmarked this tweet.. & you can see why the judicial system in Pakistan is becoming conservative by the day!

Justice-Shaukat-Aziz-Mumtaz-Qadri.png

Lol I don't understand the sympathy from Indians here. Geo News misused religious topics to gain fame, they broadcasted programmes against Ahmadis for cheap publicity. Their hosts and guests called for the murder of Ahmadis for blasphemy. All I see is Karma, now they'll think twice before using religion for their dirty gains.

Lol I don't understand the sympathy from Indians here. Geo News misused religious topics to gain fame, they broadcasted programmes against Ahmadis for cheap publicity. Their hosts and guests called for the murder of Ahmadis for blasphemy. All I see is Karma, now they'll think twice before using religion for their dirty gains.

Geo also had one of the most respected journalists najam sethi speaking the absolute truth.
What happened when he spoke the truth?:angel:

Geo also had one of the most respected journalists najam sethi speaking the absolute truth.
What happened when he spoke the truth?:angel:

Which truth would that be? The man still does programmes on Geo, if he had half of the liberal credentials he claims he has, he would have resigned at the way Geo broadcast anti Ahmadiyya programmes including calling for murder.

Not only that but when he was acting CM of Punjab, I know for a fact that anti Ahmadiyya activities were brought to his attention during his tenure. He gave one comment to the media while doing nothing on the ground.

Which truth would that be? The man still does programmes on Geo, if he had half of the liberal credentials he claims he has, he would have resigned at the way Geo broadcast anti Ahmadiyya programmes including calling for murder.

Not only that but when he was acting CM of Punjab, I know for a fact that anti Ahmadiyya activities were brought to his attention during his tenure. He gave one comment to the media while doing nothing on the ground.

No one can do anything when it has covert support of the public.
The man has to earn a living and no one wants to end up like hamid meer after all:coffee:

U don't represent the whole pakistan.
Call for a poll on Sethi, the "35-puncture fame" and you'll know who I represent. We don't want this Bharat-nawaz moron, plain and simple.

Call for a poll on Sethi, the "35-puncture fame" and you'll know who I represent. We don't want this Bharat-nawaz moron, plain and simple.

Then say this after u conduct a poll.
U also didn't want nawaz,,what happened?

Back
Top Bottom