What's new

Varyag is just a training aircraft carrier, Service in 2011.

Well, allow time to verify my words.
2012, China will have 2 CV to active duty.
Varyag is just a training CV, it will come to active duty this summer.
2012, The 2nd CV will come to active duty.
Two Large destroyers(10000+t) will come to active duty this year:
25_66_e32ae722b3977c6.jpg

25_43338_cf23606349464e0.jpg

Well, allow time to verify my words.
2012, China will have 2 CV to active duty.
Varyag is just a training CV, it will come to active duty this summer.

25_66_e32ae722b3977c6.jpg

25_43338_cf23606349464e0.jpg

I too believe Varyag will just be a trainer. However where do you think they are hiding the other two carriers?

I too believe Varyag will just be a trainer. However where do you think they are hiding the other two carriers?

Varyag is being repaired in Dalian. The new CV Manufacturing in Shanghai.
This picture is Shanghai Jiangnan Shipyard:
5618482820110227012319053_640.jpg

Please look at "首艘大型水面战斗舰艇."
ÊÇʱºòÁË[Page:1] - º£¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ - ×î¾ßÓ°ÏìÁ¦¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ Super Military Forum Of China
http://www.fyjs.cn/bbs/htm_data/25/1102/313612.html

Varyag is being repaired in Dalian. The new CV Manufacturing in Shanghai.
This picture is Shanghai Jiangnan Shipyard:
5618482820110227012319053_640.jpg

Please look at "首艘大型水面战斗舰艇."
ÊÇʱºòÁË[Page:1] - º£¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ - ×î¾ßÓ°ÏìÁ¦¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ Super Military Forum Of China
CD?HM???£| ? - ??? - powered by phpwind.net

CVs have a very distinct hull shape. I'm sure someone would have posted pictures if there were any under construction.

Jiangnan Shipyard is the best shipyard in China. Why is Varyag in the repair of Dalian Shipyard? Because a new CV is in the manufacture of Shanghai Shipyard.

Jiangnan Shipyard is the best shipyard in China. Why is Varyag in the repair of Dalian Shipyard? Because a new CV is in the manufacture of Shanghai Shipyard.

A ship yard is big and it's hard to hide something as big as a CV hull.

I personally don't think China is at the stage of her power projection where CVs are necessary. China has to achieve supremacy in the area of the 1st island chain before a CV is even an asset (rather than a liability)

3170.jpg

I'm not sure China can do it yet.

A ship yard is big and it's hard to hide something as big as a CV hull.

I personally don't think China is at the stage of her power projection where CVs are necessary. China has to achieve supremacy in the area of the 1st island chain before a CV is even an asset (rather than a liability)

3170.jpg

I'm not sure China can do it yet.

The CV will go to the Nansha Islands.

The CV will go to the Nansha Islands.

To fight who? The Vietnamese? You need a CV for that? the J-10 has a combat range of 500km and the J-11 about 3000km. Both can be refueled in the air.

China has the Varyag because it is planning for 8-10 years down the line, not right now. Which is why I too think it'll be a training ship. We'll see operational carriers at least 4-6 years down the line.

To fight who? The Vietnamese? You need a CV for that? the J-10 has a combat range of 500km and the J-11 about 3000km. Both can be refueled in the air.

China has the Varyag because it is planning for 8-10 years down the line, not right now. Which is why I too think it'll be a training ship. We'll see operational carriers at least 4-6 years down the line.

South China Sea is very broad. Our fighters voyage is not enough. They can not defense of China territorial waters.
We need CV.

WTF man! J-10 has a comabt range of at least 1500KM!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-10#Specifications_.28J-10A.29

Varyag is not just gonna be a trainning carrier. Think about it it is as big as Russia's carrier and can carry 30 J-15.

This means it will be at least as good as Russia's carrier. Unless you call Russia's carrier a trainning carrier. I would never accept that Varyag is just for training.

It is gonna be China's first AC with combat capabilities!!

Varyag is not just gonna be a trainning carrier. Think about it it is as big as Russia's carrier and can carry 30 J-15.

This means it will be at least as good as Russia's carrier. Unless you call Russia's carrier a trainning carrier. I would never accept that Varyag is just for training.

It is gonna be China's first AC with combat capabilities!!

Because PLAN believes ski-jump carrier sucks. Ask to Zhang Zhaozhong or Song Xiaojun, they both would tell you that it sucks.

I have the impression that Jiangnan shipyard would build Nimitz/Ford like CVN in the future, whereas Dalian shipyard would build the CV/CVN closer to Ulyanovsk.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom