What's new

Valentine’s Day Celebrations Banned All Across Pakistan: IHC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan should be careful. This move may drive it underground.
It WILL drive it underground. No one can fight against the forces of reality no matter how much their strongly held ideologies may demand otherwise.

Saudi Arabia adopted Gregorian calendar too.
So? The point is: celebrating Gregorian New Year is not an Islamic tradition, so why not ban it?

That's quite an misinformation you have in your head my friend. No random guy does that any where unless you are in some dedicated place like where it is being celebrated like a party, gathering etc so better avoid those place at first, if not interested.

My friend U seem to live in Utopia but I am not. So if U have no issues with V day and stuff life that then plz carry on with whatever U are planning. I am only responsible for myself and my family and when I am resisting such things now upon myself then there is a reason why I am doing so, not that am some nuthead sword brandishing fanatic that I ll make others do what I think is right.

Last edited:
It WILL drive it underground. No one can fight against the forces of reality no matter how much their strongly held ideologies may demand otherwise.
Exactly. What is needed is education not blanket bans. IMHO this will make things worse in the long run.

root cause analysis of what? why men and women are attracted to each other and want to impress each other by various means? Its not unique to pakistan.. not unique even to our species..
The attraction is a given, no one can contest that. As far as a root cause analysis, is concerned, I was talking about why the people (youth) were opting for dating leading up to marriage / dating only culture (frowned upon in our Pakistani culture by elders/ against our established value system/ against the religious ideology of our majority population) versus the islamic version, where if you are interested in a guy or a gal, you send a message through your elders for a proposal to marry said guy or gal.
Why the shift to the former (dating etc.) and if we want a society where the moral standard is Islam (an idea supported by a huge majority of Pakistan) what can we do ... to get that ... in this facet of life (romance/marriage) ...

BTW nice seeing your posts after a long time mate...

So? The point is: celebrating Gregorian New Year is not an Islamic tradition, so why not ban it?
Well speakers are not an Islamic tradition too, so why not ban it and do the call to prayer according to Islamic tradition by manually?

Valentine Movement will go underground in Pakistan

There are lots of things going underground everywhere in the world let alone Pakistan. I guess without V day no one ll die nor ll his/her basic rights be suppressed if they are not let to celebrate it openly. But even with this ban in place I can literally assure U that those who plan to celebrate it will do it as they want to so IHC orders would thrown is thin air in the end.

The attraction is a given, no one can contest that. As far as a root cause analysis, is concerned, I was talking about why the people (youth) were opting for dating leading up to marriage / dating only culture (frowned upon in our Pakistani culture by elders/ against our established value system/ against the religious ideology of our majority population) versus the islamic version, where if you are interested in a guy or a gal, you send a message through your elders for a proposal to marry said guy or gal.
Why the shift to the former (dating etc.) and if we want a society where the moral standard is Islam (an idea supported by a huge majority of Pakistan) what can we do ... to get that ... in this facet of life ...

BTW nice seeing your posts after a long time mate...
if you are of the opinion that marriage is much more than looks, then simply looking at girl from distance and sending a message is not enough, right?
How confident are you that your parents and her parents who will act as a medium will keep your(and girl's) interest and happiness as primary objective in their mind...
nice talking to you too... this is probably the best way to spend valentine day.. ha ha.. not crying at all... let me put 3 smileys to emphasize :) :) :)

When Young people have access to P0RN which is not banned and implicitly is allowed in Pakistan.

Then what purpose banning celebrating Valentines day would serve.

First of all Pakistan should ban every western concept which effects the Islamic mindset which is corrupting the young ones. Be it internet or modern scientific education or modern movies. Only then it can control and purify the minds of young kids.

Good move.
It's against our religion and culture.
People should marry , not run after girl friends.

Educate the people why is against your culture religion etc. Can't just ban things. Can't force people to your way of thinking.
Pepole should marry......is it really that simple to find a wife?

Religion should never be imposed. Everybody should be allowed to follow his/her religion with out any compulsion. Religion is one's private matter. There are lots of un-islamic trends happening in Pakistan, why don't IHC ban them too? Hypocrisy at its best. I am against this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom