What's new

Valentine’s Day Celebrations Banned All Across Pakistan: IHC

Status
Not open for further replies.
A normal person would give a gift to his wife at home, only show offs would go out to display their "love". If you read my comment above again, i said gifts between family members are not a problem, bf/gf culture is the problem. Leave aside average Pakistanis, i don't think there are any people in our Elite Class that would encourage their kids to have boyfriends or girlfriends. Plus i don't understand why people only express their love on Valentines day, what about rest of the year? Same goes with Mothers and Fathers Day? Each and everyday should be Mothers and Fathers day.
Its personal matter of the people involved you have no rught to lecture others and although i have never seen someone giving gifts in public whats your problem with giving gifts in public.
Its the issue of the people involved only what they wish to celebrate

Why other people do x,y,z is not your business

A normal person would give a gift to his wife at home, only show offs would go out to display their "love". If you read my comment above again, i said gifts between family members are not a problem, bf/gf culture is the problem. Leave aside average Pakistanis, i don't think there are any people in our Elite Class that would encourage their kids to have boyfriends or girlfriends. Plus i don't understand why people only express their love on Valentines day, what about rest of the year? Same goes with Mothers and Fathers Day? Each and everyday should be Mothers and Fathers day.
Its personal matter of the people involved you have no rught to lecture others and although i have never seen someone giving gifts in public whats your problem with giving gifts in public.

Lol at least read before you reply, i told you many times that gifts are not a problem, bf/gf culture is the problem, a sane person would never kiss his wife in public, would you do that to your wife/husband???
Secondly you also have no business lecturing me what i should say or not.

Lol at least read before you reply, i told you many times that gifts are not a problem, bf/gf culture is the problem, a sane person would never kiss his wife in public, would you do that to your wife/husband???
That culture is not your busuness and your opinion becomes my business when you start telling others what to do you are free to live your life according to your own rules but you have no right on how Muslim other want to be

Flying is a Western invention, and not a Muslim tradition,
yet Pakistan Air Force is doing just that.
Will there be a Fatwa vs JF-17?
Never heard a statement that ridiculous.

Pakistani courts should worry about much more severe problems in the society than valentines day.
Its really a severe problem along with other severe problems created by Musharaf.

Pakistanis that emulate whites or westerners make me cringe so badly. Please stop it burgers.

Oh the irony! :D

These are the people who do not want to be lectured, but they do want to lecture others. :lol:

Ah the old balance and harmony in society argument that always tends to support status quo no matter how harmful it is... I like balance too, I dont want to live in a country where there is anarchy.. may be lot of failed marriages in USA.. but i live in UK, and this society seems to have perfect balance that supports creativity by empowering individuals... there are many middle income / poor countries where falling in love and marrying your partner is perfectly natural..
Since we seem to get the advantage of harmony in society by listening to higher powers and not questioning their authority(they love us), we lose out on being thinking functioning member of society for a long time. Its not unnatural for 30 year old to remain dependent on their parents to take life decision.
And lets not pretend the loving parents have no self interest in this(driven by keeping balance in society), they groom the kids to remain dependent for as long as possible, marriage brings realignment of power balance and they tend to decide on a girl who is always going to say 'yes'. Plus there is prestige and biradri thing, you dont want to cut off from network because the society is build along those lines.

If my only goal to marry is to create children, and make sure they become an insurance policy for me, sure, this seems to be the perfect scheme. I will decide as much as possible for them till I die, because I fear they will not respect me once the control is gone.. they will probably throw me in old age home.
No wonder them moment kids go outside the country, they realize how they missed the freedom, freedom to choose your own partner that you will spend your life with. Parents giving some options and you saying yes/no is not really choosing, its not a multiple choice question.
Parents themslves know little about their children(your friends and siblings know much more) and out of place with future/new reality always. Again, nothing wrong in helping kids(that happens everywhere, even free countries), but being a control/choke point is the issue.

As to whether whether doing natural way is always right, I never said so, I simply said the phenomena is natural, and in line with expectation of how most human will behave given half a chance. Research should be done the cases where it is not.

-Your right about some of the consequences of our system, however, notice how these consequences arise when people work for their own self interests and not fulfill their respective responsibility ( e.g. responsibility of the elders) given to them? ..when the other system can statistically be proven to cause harm, even if all is perfectly well e.g. divorce rates, abandoned children, single parent households etc etc.

- Yeah sure, as stated before, it depends on what the definition of 'natural' is. Many individuals consider the swinger lifestyle to be perfectly natural. I don't want to get in to the extent of what "natural" can be, if we consider the behavior of certain animals, but I leave you again, with the same question; What exactly is "natural" ?

-As far as the system that Islam gives, well you as an individual still have the final say. It's not like the elders have decided upon someone and now you MUST marry them. Elders are mediators, negotiators, representatives of your side and moderators that provide oversight and also some rational direction.

- As far as children being the "insurance policy". Well sorry to break it to you, we in the east think, we owe a little to the individuals that raised us, fed us, and practically are the reason why we are who we are. As children it's our religious responsibility to be of service to our parents. That part is a given, and is not exactly linked to marriage.
Now sure, the western thinking maybe to transport off the parents to old homes "for better care" as they grow old and strip them off the opportunity of seeing their grandchildren regularly or talk to their children. Just hang out with other miserable people till the day they pass away--- but that isn't the price we in the east are willing to pay for individual freedom.

Last edited:
Ban on valentines day is like a ban on fun. When you let the state dictate what you can and cannot do in your own spare time, that is when you essentially give a carte blanche for "law makers" to do away with fundamental human rights, like the right to a "personal life".

That culture is not your busuness and your opinion becomes my business when you start telling others what to do you are free to live your life according to your own rules but you have no right on how Muslim other want to be
Nobody is telling you to be a Muslim, do whatever you want but don't tell me what i am supposed to say or not, now that culture is my business because i am part of that society and i must speak out when i see something wrong is happening in my society that will hurt my future generations. If you don't want to speak up then that is your choice, but don't stop others from speaking up.
This time read before your reply or don't reply at all.

Nobody is telling you to be a Muslim, do whatever you want but don't tell me what i am supposed to say or not, now that culture is my business because i am part of that society and i must speak out when i see something wrong is happening in my society that will hurt my future generations. If you don't want to speak up then that is your choice, but don't stop others from speaking up.
This time read before your reply or don't reply at all.
You live in dar ul harb that makes homosexuality legal you should be more worried about that and how it affects your future generations than how Pakistanis celebrate a silly capitalist day? :D
There is nothing wrong with what you see as wrong lets not lecture others on matters of percieved sin shall we?

Here are some cartoons to lead the protest against valentine's day.
valen1.png

no_to_valentine_20140206_081158.jpg
Anime/Manga is very un-islamic you know?
There are genres like Yaoi and Yuri as well as Hentai
Some interesting stuff will come out of Japan if a Hentai producer looking for new ideas accidently sees this:oops: @Nilgiri @Kashmiri Pandit

Anime/Manga is very un-islamic you know?
There are genres like Yaoi and Yuri as well as Hentai
Some interesting stuff will come out of Japan if a Hentai producer looking for new ideas accidently sees this:oops: @Nilgiri @Kashmiri Pandit

Hahah QFT, most Japanese are hardcore atheists. I mean one only has to read the works of Nakae Chomin or Inoue Tetisjior so see how these wise men of Japanese philosophy felt religion was incompatible with modern day scientific education, Japan is know as the most convinced Atheist nation for a reason :D . So to use Manga/Anime style animation to propagate a religious viewpoint is deliciously ironic.

You live in dar ul harb that makes homosexuality legal you should be more worried about that and how it affects your future generations than how Pakistanis celebrate a silly capitalist day? :D
There is nothing wrong with what you see as wrong lets not lecture others on matters of percieved sin shall we?
You are changing the topic again like you changed your stance few times :), now so you mean there are also no homosexuals (Khussras lol) in Pakistan and rest of the world? you don't see any difference between human beings and a day created to rip people off.

You are changing the topic again like you changed your stance few times :), now so you mean there are also no homosexuals (Khussras lol) in Pakistan and rest of the world? you don't see any difference between human beings and a day created to rip people off.
lol khusras are transexuals gays are hams jins parast or sodomizers and homosexuality is illegal in Pakistan but your country allows them to get married if you are so worried about moral decay of your children you should leave dar ul harb for Islami Riyasat ASAP :D

My view is same state has no right on issues relating to moraluty and percieved sin we dont need shurtays in Pakistan

Not right according to you lets not act as morality police ham sab ney apney amal ka hisab khud daina hay you have no rught to tell others how Muslim they should be
Yes, we do have the right to tell others. We will not allow immorality to spread in our country.

Why give more points to this already super corrupt police so they even start harassing married couples?
It doesn't matter because they would find another excuse anyway.

Says the guy living in UK a daral ul harb ruled by Kufr that kills Muslims and pardons blasphemors

If you hate west dont live in it

None sense. Just because i live here does not mean i have to practice the culture nor does that mean i have to hate the country. It's like saying one must become a Communist for moving to China otherwise one "hates" China. Very dumb logic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom