What's new

Valentine’s Day Celebrations Banned All Across Pakistan: IHC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are these newbies with General Zia's Picture, quite annoying

:laughcry: Shouldn't all of you need to be booking ticket to Wahabi countries since the operations are about to start against Extremist in Pakistan

Let me know if your family member can drive a car if they happen to be female or are able to do many basic things by themselves in their "complete society" as your statement goes

Pehle Malala se ja ker pooche lo , tujhe koon si liberal taliban ne goli mari thi

Wo to yehi bole hi , "jis ne goli mari bohat bara zalim tha, Liberal nahi tha"
Lol nice try.

Just remember Pakistan is an Islamic Republic, not "I wish I was a White person so I'll celebrate Valentine's day" Republic.

PS Zia was instrumental in safeguarding and allowing Pakistan's nuclear program to continue under American nose. Remember that next time you bad mouth him.

Well people give donation when they have a chance, there is no provision in religion to give donation 24/7

There is provision for donation in timely manner in key dates of year and if somoene has desire they can spend more depending on their wealth

Your idea to forget about your own life and become a 24/7 donator is a bit unrealistic, "what do you think people have money growing on trees?"

People donate , when they reach a particular time in year , or depending on their status if hey can donate

Why are there so many unclaimed , children in orphanage ? How about the folks use some "birth control"

If folks are not man enough to care for the kids they should not have kids which they later abondon them

There is no reason why a person should not spend money on their own family and loved ones

• Why is the police not nabing the Terrorist or extremist nuts ?

Last edited:
But every society functions as a collective. There is no free-for-all in the West as you think. There is rule of law which everybody follows, and within that framework is the freedom to behave as one wishes to, as long as it does not affect others.

This claim of culture is patently absurd. It is the collective choice and patterns of behavior of members of society that make up its culture. Imposing one rigid thought process born from a religious basis is a recipe for failure. No one group has the right to determine cultural practices for everyone else, except for themselves alone.

One should be responsible for their own behavior, and allow others to choose their own behaviors without imposition, without affecting anyone else. What does it matter to anyone if anyone else buys flowers or balloons?
Lol, no. If we are to go by your argument then all societies would be the same. There would be no unique cultures. We would be seeing Gay prides in Moscow like in San Francisco but Russians have enough integrity to keep out alien traditions and preserve their collective identity.

We are an Islamic country, Islam is our identity.

Well people give donation when they have a chance, there is no provision in religion to give donation 24/7

There is provision for donation in timely manner in key dates of year and if somoene has desire they can spend more depending on their wealth

Your idea to forget about your own life and become a 24/7 donator is a bit unrealistic

Why are there so many unclaimed , children in orphanage ? How about the folks use some birth control

If folks are not man enough to care for the kids they should not have kids which they later abondon them
When you have money to waste on a Hindu holiday then you have money to give. Simple.

Pehle Malala se ja ker pooche lo , tujhe koon si liberal taliban ne goli mari thi

Wo to yehi bole hi , "jis ne goli mari bohat bara zalim tha, Liberal nahi tha"
Tho woh mein bhe nahi tha bhai Saab. Kiya Taliban Taliban kerr rahay ho mujhe.

When did you see me defending Taliban. AFAIK your liberal politicians like Benazir were instrumental behind the Taliban movement.

Thumharay he hukmarano ne issi Taliban Koh Pala tha Indian ke khilaf Afghanistan mein. It's got nothing to do with the topic.

Pakistani liberals @Zibago , due to their inferiority complex tend to take Western holidays too seriously. They celebrate the trash of the West like it's straight from God himself.

They celebrate Valentine's day like it's a wedding. Meanwhile the countries where Valentine's originates from no one really takes it seriously. At most some people might send a card with flowers or a box of cheap chocolate.

yes i agree .. people who support such events are confused or having low self stream as if they want to have some fun around them i wud suggest to create your own events like helping the poor day,sister day ,archery day ,old games day ,village life day,an art day, creativity day etc.. there are so many ways to be fun and to be proud my friend!

yes i agree .. people who support such events are confused or having low self stream as if they want to have some fun around them i wud suggest to create your own events like helping the poor day,sister day ,archery day ,old games day ,village life day,an art day, creativity day etc.. there are so many ways to be fun and to be proud my friend!
i think mostly people who are in favor of valentines day don't have any sisters, they are only here for 'chaska'. It is okay to give gifts to your wife or family members but these people are asking for boyfriend/girlfriend culture which doesn't make sense.

i think mostly people who are in favor of valentines day don't have any sisters, they are only here for 'chaska'. It is okay to give gifts to your wife or family members but these people are asking for boyfriend/girlfriend culture which doesn't make sense.

no they have sisters but they dont realize that,جو بوٰ گے وہی کاٹو گے ،یہ مثال ہر روز کئی بار دئکھتی ہوں مگر کوئی سوچتا نہیں
though my emphasis is on creating our traditions rules regulations gestures

no they have sisters but they dont realize that,جو بوٰ گے وہی کاٹو گے ،یہ مثال ہر روز کئی بار دئکھتی ہوں مگر کوئی سوچتا نہیں
though my emphasis is on creating our traditions rules regulations gestures
These same people would probably kill their own sisters for doing what they themselves do to other people's sisters.

These same people would probably kill their own sisters for doing what they themselves do to other people's sisters.

my friend ! we dont know how to give space to thing , we are possessive people we dont like to give respect but we claim to own people , all we need to do is to be human,think like human ,act like human no one is superior than other !

@Zibago Zia haunting you from a named grave with unkowm person jaw un named:lol:
Remind me a movie " Sometime They Come back " :scary:

Money for cheap gifts and Western imitation but no money for the starving children hmm talk about priorities.
What a hacky argument now people should ask you before spending their money?
Citizens are not answerable to other citizens on where they spend their legally earned money your argument is flawed

I guess in your world people dont give gifts to their spouses hmm

So Pakistani police are only corrupt because of Valentine ban and every other day they are angels? lol
Why give more points to this already super corrupt police so they even start harassing married couples?
-----------------------
The aunty is Pakistani Kelleyaine Conway as one poster in comments said :lol:
@Musafir117 @The Sandman @Hell hound

Pakistani liberals @Zibago , due to their inferiority complex tend to take Western holidays too seriously. They celebrate the trash of the West like it's straight from God himself.
Says the guy living in UK a daral ul harb ruled by Kufr that kills Muslims and pardons blasphemors :cuckoo:

If you hate west dont live in it :D

Why is the police not nabing the Terrorist or extremist nuts ?
Police is too busy arresting balloon vendors

Your idea to forget about your own life and become a 24/7 donator is a bit unrealistic, "what do you think people have money growing on trees?"

People donate , when they reach a particular time in year , or depending on their status if hey can donate

Why are there so many unclaimed , children in orphanage ? How about the folks use some "birth control"

There is no reason why a person should not spend money on their own family and loved ones

• Why is the police not nabing the Terrorist or extremist nuts ?
Murshad you were just savage :D

Firstly, to clarify what the Valentine Day is really about? Here is the story as narrated to me by a devout Christian friend back in the 1960’s. Of course most of it is only a ‘myth’. I surfed the internet to re-awaken my memory.

Saint Valentine was a Roman priest during the time of Emperor Claudius the second, who persecuted the Christians. Based on the theory that unmarried soldiers fought better than married soldiers because married soldiers might be afraid of what might happen to their wives or families if they died. The emperor issued an edict prohibiting the marriage of young people.

In St Valentine’s view, marriage was a sacred union between a man and woman and something to be encouraged instead of fornication which was a sin. Saint Valentine continued marrying young Christians in secret. Valentine was eventually caught, imprisoned and tortured for performing marriage ceremonies against command of Emperor that is when the legends surrounding Valentine's actions started.

"One of the men who was to judge him in line with the Roman law was a man called Asterius, whose daughter was blind. St Valentine supposed to have prayed with and healed the young girl with such astonishing effect that Asterius himself became Christian as a result."

In the year 269 AD, Valentine was sentenced to a three part execution of a beating, stoning, and finally decapitation all because of his stand for the performing the Christian marriage. The legend says that the last words he wrote were in a note to Asterius' daughter were signed "from your Valentine."

Valentine's martyrdom did not go unnoticed by the general public and St Valentine became known as the patron saint of lovers. His day is now celebrated as the day to express love and affection to your loved one all over the world. However the day has now been changed into primarily a commercial occasion.

Is this a part of our culture? Certainly not. Is it against Islam? As you can see, in reality, St Valentine was against permissiveness of the Roman society and was punished for performing marriage ceremonies. Valentine Day is not about sex but about love, hence IMO not un-Islamic in nature.

I see little harm in letting the public have the freedom to offer a token of affection to their loved ones. It should neither be encouraged nor discouraged; certainly there is no reason for a High Court ban.

Last edited:
Firstly, to clarify what the Valentine Day is really about? Here is the story as narrated to me by a devout Christian friend back in the 1960’s. Of course most of it is only a ‘myth’. I surfed the internet to re-awaken my memory.

Saint Valentine was a Roman priest during the time of Emperor Claudius the second, who persecuted the Christians. Based on the theory that unmarried soldiers fought better than married soldiers because married soldiers might be afraid of what might happen to their wives or families if they died. The emperor issued an edict prohibiting the marriage of young people.

In St Valentine’s view, marriage was a sacred union between a man and woman and something to be encouraged instead of fornication which was a sin. Saint Valentine continued marrying young Christians in secret. Valentine was eventually caught, imprisoned and tortured for performing marriage ceremonies against command of Emperor that is when the legends surrounding Valentine's actions started.

"One of the men who was to judge him in line with the Roman law was a man called Asterius, whose daughter was blind. St Valentine supposed to have prayed with and healed the young girl with such astonishing effect that Asterius himself became Christian as a result."

In the year 269 AD, Valentine was sentenced to a three part execution of a beating, stoning, and finally decapitation all because of his stand for the performing the Christian marriage. The legend says that the last words he wrote were in a note to Asterius' daughter were signed "from your Valentine."

Valentine's martyrdom did not go unnoticed by the general public and St Valentine became known as the patron saint of lovers. His day is now celebrated as the day to express love and affection to your loved one all over the world. However the day has now been changed into primarily a commercial occasion.

Is this a part of culture? Certainly not. Is it against Islam? As you can see, in reality, St Valentine was against permissiveness of the Roman society and was punished for performing marriage ceremonies. Valentine Day is not about sex but about love, hence IMO not un-Islamic in nature.

I see little harm in letting the public have the freedom to offer a token of affection to their loved ones. It should neither be encouraged nor discouraged; certainly there is no reason for a High Court ban.
Now this is the post where I would like to speak, as for trolls- Kaafir kebabs am gonna eat! :lol:
I am aware of this story.I neither support nor am going against.However, I will not be favoring vulgarity in the name of so called love.No one is saying anything bad to Saint Valentine nor his sacred mission of getting soldiers to make them marry at all cost as marriage is a sacred and highly recommend act- It makes you mature, secures your position, both man and woman gets respect in the society.Their position becomes clear and prominent. In Islam, marriage is regarded as sunnah and fard if a person feels that he/she may fall upon fornication.
However, we need to understand that why our people are suffering of "Valentine day" phobia? Here are some reasons:

Pakistani laymen were approached by two kind of mindsets:
1-Jamiyat- I remember when I was in school I was told the worse aspect of Valentine's day.It will lead to fahashi, behayaye and beghairti. Their view turned out to be correct when we ourselves noticed unmarried couples, high on hormones, parents crying, girls weeping etc, etc.
2-The liberalize group and the unaware awam- I am damn sure that they have literally no idea for why to celebrate Valentine's day.For them it is an occasion of love which they can celebrate with their whatever they like.Also some champoo couples could be noticed-unaware and lack of critical thinking, living in some fantasy world...the champoo boy getting shaves from saloon, waiting for his shy and new "love" who almost enters in a hurry: Koi dekh na lay! Looks around here and there and suddenly her eyes become glued...not on the boy but with big heart shaped gift consisting of chocolate balls and a teddy bear (lol, champoo)
3-Well, they are caught as the girl feared (in some cases) either at Alladin park.I don't know how their families appear like ghosts from no where or either manager at MacDonald throw them out when mature family couples complain! (yes, this has happened)

The overall summery is, that Valentine's day is not celebrated in the remorse of Saint Valentine, nor people celebrate it with an objective to promote marriage and to discourage fornication.Instead, they keep arguing as if it is halal or haram as a consequence of which the true spirit of Valentine's day becomes dead and the thing for which Saint Valentine has sacrificed himself appears like an army of devils.It is like, Christians who do not pray on Christmas but celebrating by having alcohol and dancing in bars and going against in all those acts that were contrary to the teachings of Prophet Jesus(A.S) and follows the likes of pagan festival such as Bacchanalia or Saturnalia or those Ramdan muslims who show indecency at the chand raat or during the first day of Eid.

regards

Islamabad High Court has banned Valentine’s Day celebration all across the country today.

The court passed an order regarding this after hearing a petition calling for Valentine’s Day to be banned since it is not part of Muslim tradition.

The court order states that any Valentine’s day related activities and festivities will not be allowed to be held in public places. The order also imposed a similar bar on official level as well. The media, both electronic and print, have been cautioned against giving any coverage to the ‘day of love.’

The information ministry, PEMRA chairman, Federal government and chief commissioner have all been directed to submit a reply in this regard within the next 10 days.

Valentine’s Day has no connection with our culture and it should be avoided,” Pakistani President Mamnoon Hussain

It should be mentioned that last year, Mamnoon Hussain also stated that Valentine’s Day has no part in our culture and that it is a western tradition that we could do without.

https://propakistani.pk/2017/02/13/valentines-day-celebrations-banned-across-pakistan-ihc/

If you say it should be Avoided because of culture than its okay, ask people to do that, have some self respect to execute it but banned ?? why to ban it ? aren't people free in pak to express love ? what about people who are not muslims ?? what about tourists in the country ?? well I dun like it and its not because m nt muslim but as a common man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom