What's new

Vaccine race-: Where are Islamic countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success of Indian vaccine will be a boon for hundreds of millions of people in India and Africa/Asian countries.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...rials-on-in-6-cities/articleshow/77160724.cms
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...WMAJ6BAgHEAE&usg=AOvVaw3VSwodazSRYuUn0KXTZuP5.
Its almost august now.

Oh, we absolutely believe you. Maybe some observational cohorts are in order for us poor fellows still reeling from it.:rofl:

Well who gives a fk bout some indian troll not believing covid decline in Pak?
The data is from Pak, for Pakistanis, by Pak govt.

Go lick s... somewhere else. Might aswell try gobar and urine vaccines being touted by your experts. :lol:

We are testing 4-5 lac daily, so we have 48k cases with 2.5% death rate. We are going to expand it to million test per day soon.
What is Pakistan doing to test, how many test per day? NO TEST, NO CASE, NO NEWS. It's the easy way out. Isn't it?
Pakistan is testing around 20k people daily. So dont try to be clever and do blame game.
Confirmed_case: 273113
Total test in (24 hrs) 1226/23,254
% confirmed: 5.27%
Total Recoveries: 237434-236596
Recoveries (in 24 hours) 838
Critical: 1267
Active case: 29,857
Total deaths in 24 hours: 35
Total Deaths: 5822

#Pakistan_Rank 12

@Dem!god

Pakistan has been conducting 25k~ tests over the last few months and the infection rate %age has been coming down consistently. Going down to single digits a few days back.

I am in healthcare, alongwith my wife, bro in law and sister and i know a thing or two about Covid19.
You better not come here and b!tch next time @Dem!god @The BrOkEn HeArT @padamchen

Indian labs do not have the infrastructure as few of these western labs have, even if Indian vaccine is delayed, we can compensate that by manufacturing them in masses and at lower cost.

Western labs are far better equipped, the research facility of Gilead Sciences looks like something out of a sci fi movie.
Frankly its a joke.. when nations like US, China are struggling and private indian pharmas are claiming to produce vaccines by august.. its unfeasible, unrealistic and borderline moronic.

That said I am willing to bet we wont see a vaccine till next year..

Frankly its a joke.. when nations like US, China are struggling and private indian pharmas are claiming to produce vaccines by august.. its unfeasible, unrealistic and borderline moronic.

That said I am willing to bet we wont see a vaccine till next year..

Fast tracking vaccine development means not enough clinical trials to study its long term antibodies in human immune system, and honestly it could be a safety hazard. I can explain more on this in some other relevant threads.

Yes indeed, that's the crux of the matter. Well done to your government and the aam abduls!
Yeah we hiding deaths, new cases everything.. while pajeets are winning.

Fast tracking vaccine development means not enough clinical trials to study its long term antibodies in human immune system, and honestly it could be a safety hazard. I can explain more on this in some other relevant threads.
Also means oxford has developed one and we should all be jumping in joy, while indian vaccines are nowhere near even phase 1.

Don't bother with it, it's not the place to waste your breath and effort.

Yes indeed, that's the crux of the matter. Well done to your government and the aam abduls!

https://www.tbsnews.net/coronavirus-chronicle/pakistans-strategy-behind-flattening-covid-19-curve-110107?amp

If India wants advice on doing the simple things well, it can always ask.

Landing on Mars or developing vaccines in cat 4 labs or whatever is pointless when you can't do the basics.

"Initially when Prime Minister Imran Khan introduced the smart lockdown concept, he was fiercely opposed. But now as the results show that the measure works, many developing nations are also promoting the policy. Germany, Italy and Portugal are also discussing urban shutdowns to avert a new increase in infections of coronavirus. More and more countries are closing down smaller territories, as opposed to shutting down the whole country.

"The only solution as the world has discovered is a smart lockdown, which allows for economic activity with SOPs. We are amongst the pioneers of this approach," the prime minister said in his post on Twitter.

Smart lockdowns

In total, the government's central response unit has imposed more than 500 smart lockdowns to control the disease from spreading.

"So far, we imposed 551 lockdowns across the country," said one senior official at the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC), which serves as the nation's nerve centre in the battle against Covid-19. In total, 8.2million are currently under lockdown," he said.

Active campaigns coupled with the smart lockdowns, the NCOC official said, have helped Pakistan in flattening the Covid-19 curve. There has been a shift in behaviour in the country as well. "Through administrative efforts and consistent campaigning, the use of face masks has increased by 1,400%, and the use of gloves has increased by 766%," he said."

Also means oxford has developed one and we should all be jumping in joy, while indian vaccines are nowhere near even phase 1.

Trust me when I say, the first batch of vaccines will only give you immunity for few months, and that buys time to develop a longer term solution. It takes significant time to decode the virus strain and find a stable slow/non-mutating protein to develop a stable/long-term vaccine.

That is why Americans needs to inject flu vaccine every year, as the virus is constantly mutating. And in few cases, there could be no vaccine at all, ie AIDS.

Don't bother with it, it's not the place to waste your breath and effort.

Some people in my university is working on this field, so I thought of sharing my opinion.

Don't worry....India doesn't even have community spread yet. Magical place is India.
For community spread more than 50% of tests should come back positive. And India does have community spread in South India.

More tests more cases.

https://www.tbsnews.net/coronavirus-chronicle/pakistans-strategy-behind-flattening-covid-19-curve-110107?amp

Landing on Mars or developed vaccines in cat 4 labs or whatever is pointless when you can't do the basics.

"Initially when Prime Minister Imran Khan introduced the smart lockdown concept, he was fiercely opposed. But now as the results show that the measure works, many developing nations are also promoting the policy. Germany, Italy and Portugal are also discussing urban shutdowns to avert a new increase in infections of coronavirus. More and more countries are closing down smaller territories, as opposed to shutting down the whole country.

"The only solution as the world has discovered is a smart lockdown, which allows for economic activity with SOPs. We are amongst the pioneers of this approach," the prime minister said in his post on Twitter.

Smart lockdowns

In total, the government's central response unit has imposed more than 500 smart lockdowns to control the disease from spreading.

"So far, we imposed 551 lockdowns across the country," said one senior official at the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC), which serves as the nation's nerve centre in the battle against Covid-19. In total, 8.2million are currently under lockdown," he said.

Active campaigns coupled with the smart lockdowns, the NCOC official said, have helped Pakistan in flattening the Covid-19 curve. There has been a shift in behaviour in the country as well. "Through administrative efforts and consistent campaigning, the use of face masks has increased by 1,400%, and the use of gloves has increased by 766%," he said."

81+% recovery rate
https://tribune.com.pk/story/2256588/over-81-covid-19-patients-in-pakistan-recover?amp=1

Screenshot_20200726-163519_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lowest death rate
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/pakistan-records-lowest-daily-death-toll-from-covid-19/1921932

103 years old mans recovery
5f1b18e902a95.jpg
5f1b18f1b3709.jpg

Landing on Mars or developed vaccines in cat 4 labs or whatever is pointless when you can't do the basics.
For now, we are trying to manage the surge in the detected cases requiring hospitalization. And forward all the ancillary care to those showing no symptoms.

But i understand that you have missed all of it. Pakistan is now almost Covid free.

Makes me remember my early medicine days during the original SARS and Swine Flu pandemic in the 2000s. Few of us actually had access to an N95, cases recorded in single digits in my place, and everything went smoothly. India has since come a long way forward, can't say the same for you peeps. Nonetheless, all the best to you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ou...ndias-biomedical-waste-disposal-system/303457

India not handling its medical waste properly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-covid-india-villages-migrant-workers.amp

India's "gig economy" driven by migrant workers resulting in interstate spread of covid.

"The lockdown, declared with only a four-hour notice, left some 200 million migrant workers stranded in cities. Suddenly unemployed and evicted by their landlords, they were left with little choice but to start marching home. Administrations also failed to recognize that migrant workers generally live in cramped quarters, where physical distancing is impossible, and they have little access to healthcare. Hundreds perished along the way from starvation, exhaustion or being struck by speeding vehicles on the highways and by goods trains on railway tracks.

A study done by Aajeevika Bureau on migrant workers who managed to return to Rajasthan in the early phase of the lockdown from 24 March to 15 April showed that none of them were infected. In contrast, many of those who returned to Rajasthan after 4 May, when the government allowed movement, were found carrying the virus."

In retrospect, with the benefit of hindsight, as we all learn from our mistakes as human beings, do Indians now think that instead of chest thumping about dead-end hydroxycholoroquine and yet-to-materialise vaccines, that India's investments should have gone towards simple epidemic management?

Or did Modi hope banging pots and pans and attention seeking would win him a Nobel prize?

For now, we are trying to manage the surge in the detected cases requiring hospitalization. And forward all the ancillary care to those showing no symptoms.

But i understand that you have missed all of it. Pakistan is now almost Covid free.

Makes me remember my early medicine days during the original SARS and Swine Flu pandemic in the 2000s. Few of us actually had access to an N95, cases recorded in single digits in my place, and everything went smoothly. India has since come a long way forward, can't say the same for you peeps. Nonetheless, all the best to you.
That's splendid virtue signalling. Not sure what it adds to the discussion started by your countryman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom