Hindustani78

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
V K Singh opposes deploying army in Maoist-hit areas
Raipur, Apr 14, 2015 (PTI):
471664_thump.gif

Union Minister of State for External Affairs General (retd) V K Singh opposed deployment of the Army in Maoist-affected areas today, saying that the use of armed forces against "our own citizens" would "tarnish" its image.

"There are lots of things to do to overcome the menace of Maoism. Deploying the Army is not the answer. If armed forces are deployed there (Maoist hit areas) they will shoot our own citizens. This would tarnish the reputation and image of the Army," Singh, former Army chief, said here, replying to queries during a discussion based on his autobiography titled 'Courage and Conviction'.

Recalling a meeting he had with former Union Home Minister P Chidambaram after the 2010 Maoist attack in Tadmetla (Chhattisgarh), in which 76 troopers were killed, he said, "During that meeting I told the Minister that we have to introspect to know the cause (behind Maoism)".

"Chidambaram told me that I was not in favour of deploying the Army to tackle Maoism. I told him that the problem is not that the Army doesn't want to go there (Maoist-hit region) but what message would go out if we deployed the Army there," Singh said.

"I had even told the then Defence Minister that the Army should be deployed only if there is a threat to national security, particularly from any other country," he said.

Singh's statement comes in the wake of a series of Maoist attacks in Chhattisgarh in the last three days, in which 13 security personnel were killed.

Sir with respect , IN the recent ambush 5 jawans killed . Many other injured. Survived jawans gave interview to times now while resting on hospital bed with sever wounds . They said and I quote "We are poorly armed . Naxals are very heavily armed than us. Due to our inferior INSAS rifle we lost 5 life today"

These are not Adivasis we are dealing with . Adivasis are those with bow and arrow . These are terrorists armed with AK 47, Grande, rocket launchers etc who work on behest of Our enemies. These are the terrorists who will stop all the development works under taken by Indian Govt in tribal belt. These are the terrorist who kidnap , kill , beheaded innocent poor Adivasis, tribal people , government officials . AND YOU CALL THEM CITIZENS ? How absurd sir. With all due respect for what you have done for the nation , Sir my hearty thanks . Now you are a politician I can understand . But sir Once a Fauji in always a Fauji . Again with due respect sir let our Tigers lose . Let our Men take care of these terrorists who keep killing , threatening, raping our real citizens .

Do the right thing . A solider will take bullet as a reward for this mother land. Am just asking you to face the consequences from so called Presstitutes and liberals. For the nation sir . We should we will .

Thanks . . . Hope somehow you see this comment . A honest request from your very good follower and an Indian . Hope its the wish of all patriots of our great nation . Jai hind .

Sir with respect , IN the recent ambush 5 jawans killed . Many other injured. Survived jawans gave interview to times now while resting on hospital bed with sever wounds . They said and I quote "We are poorly armed . Naxals are very heavily armed than us. Due to our inferior INSAS rifle we lost 5 life today"

These are not Adivasis we are dealing with . Adivasis are those with bow and arrow . These are terrorists armed with AK 47, Grande, rocket launchers etc who work on behest of Our enemies. These are the terrorists who will stop all the development works under taken by Indian Govt in tribal belt. These are the terrorist who kidnap , kill , beheaded innocent poor Adivasis, tribal people , government officials . AND YOU CALL THEM CITIZENS ? How absurd sir. With all due respect for what you have done for the nation , Sir my hearty thanks . Now you are a politician I can understand . But sir Once a Fauji in always a Fauji . Again with due respect sir let our Tigers lose . Let our Men take care of these terrorists who keep killing , threatening, raping our real citizens .

Do the right thing . A solider will take bullet as a reward for this mother land. Am just asking you to face the consequences from so called Presstitutes and liberals. For the nation sir . We should we will .

Thanks . . . Hope somehow you see this comment . A honest request from your very good follower and an Indian . Hope its the wish of all patriots of our great nation . Jai hind .

Yes, today only i have read that maoists have abducted 7 tribals in Orissa.

Seven tribalsabducted by suspected Maoists in Odisha - The Hindu
Seven tribal civilians including a village head and a former block chairperson were abducted by Maoists from a Kartanpalli, a remote village under Mathili police station of Malkangiri district in Odisha bordering Chhattisgarh on Monday night.

Oh okay . How will you do that when they shoot anyone who want to go there to bring them into the mainstream ? Any idea rather than this same recorded tape message ?

I think , there should be a political solution in which the tribals and adivasis are made aware that the development in those regions are hampering because of the Maoists activities.

You know why terrorist don't kidnap Russians or take Russian hostage ?

Once they did in 70s I guess . Took hostage of 5 Russians in a demand to help their Islamic mull in Syria . Russia completely denied it. As a result they killed one of the hostage and sent their message to the Russians. Russians thought this won't go this too far . But now this happend they cancelled all talks and kidnapped the family members of one the terrorist from their gang. And killed him after lots of punishment. Then sent his remains to the terrorists .

And you know what happened ? The next moment the released all the 4 Russians . Now this is what terrorist will understand . Not the rose and Crown diplomacy .

Yes, today only i have read that maoists have abducted 7 tribals in Orissa.

Seven tribalsabducted by suspected Maoists in Odisha - The Hindu
Seven tribal civilians including a village head and a former block chairperson were abducted by Maoists from a Kartanpalli, a remote village under Mathili police station of Malkangiri district in Odisha bordering Chhattisgarh on Monday night.

I think , there should be a political solution in which the tribals and adivasis are made aware that the development in those regions are hampering because of the Maoists activities.

Dude these are gangs like Bokko Haram . What kind of talks or political move do u expect ?

You built a school they will blast it . You send IAS officer he will be killed . You send BSF or CRPF they will be ambushed .

If you want I will send a mail to PMO for your willingness to bring Naxals into mainstream . On for you ? Go and try .... And let us know what you feel .

True

Paramilitary are more than capable to handle them the recent attacks on poorly armed state police shows their desperation moreover the situation is much better than early 2000 and let the development takes them over rather than deploying Army

You know why terrorist don't kidnap Russians or take Russian hostage ?

Once they did in 70s I guess . Took hostage of 5 Russians in a demand to help their Islamic mull in Syria . Russia completely denied it. As a result they killed one of the hostage and sent their message to the Russians. Russians thought this won't go this too far . But now this happend they cancelled all talks and kidnapped the family members of one the terrorist from their gang. And killed him after lots of punishment. Then sent his remains to the terrorists .

And you know what happened ? The next moment the released all the 4 Russians . Now this is what terrorist will understand . Not the rose and Crown diplomacy .

Russians are completely behind the Syrian regime and the example which you are giving is completely not understandable here.

Russians have always spoiled thier relations with other nations and they even now think that might is everything. Dont forget they are still the world largest nuclear stockpiles.

Dude these are gangs like Bokko Haram . What kind of talks or political move do u expect ?

You built a school they will blast it . You send IAS officer he will be killed . You send BSF or CRPF they will be ambushed .

If you want I will send a mail to PMO for your willingness to bring Naxals into mainstream . On for you ? Go and try .... And let us know what you feel .

What is the source of weapons to the Maoists, from where they did that ? If these things are stopped then they wont abduct adivasis nor kill Government offcials and Soldiers.

Russians are completely behind the Syrian regime and the example which you are giving is completely not understandable here.

Russians have always spoiled thier relations with other nations and they even now think that might is everything. Dont forget they are still the world largest nuclear stockpiles.

"@gauravcsawant: Exactly bleed perps. Hurt them hard RT @Chopsyturvey: Why terrorists don't kidnap Russians? Aviator Anil Chopra on Twitter: "Why terrorists don't kidnap Russians? http://t.co/8aKfuSSD7i"""

True

Paramilitary are more than capable to handle them the recent attacks on poorly armed state police shows their desperation moreover the situation is much better than early 2000 and let the development takes them over rather than deploying Army

Why cant the Police forces be modernize ?

These are not Adivasis we are dealing with . Adivasis are those with bow and arrow .
That's your patronizing idea about adivasis, that they are primitive forest dwellers with stone tools. "Adivasi" simply means aborigines, and in India, some of these people populated India long before Indo-Aryans or Dravidians did, hence the term "Adivasi" (First inhabitant) for them.

But that does not mean that a boy or girl from an adivasi community cannot learn to shoot with a rifle, or learn guerilla warfare. They have the same mental and physical capabilities as anybody else. They too can adapt and change with the times.

Andrew Symonds is an Australian "Adivasi" - or what they call "aborigine", which means exactly the same thing. That doesn't mean he paints his face and chases kangaroos with spears for a living.

These are the terrorists who will stop all the development works under taken by Indian Govt in tribal belt. These are the terrorist who kidnap , kill , beheaded innocent poor Adivasis, tribal people , government officials . AND YOU CALL THEM CITIZENS ?

Yes they do all that, but despite all that, they are Indian citizens. It's a fact. "Indian citizen" is not a compliment or rebuke - it is just a factual matter. Citizenship does not mean goodness. Even if they commit terrorism, extort businesses, kill our security forces etc, they are Indian citizens. Just like the TTP fellows are Pakistani citizens, although they kill Pakistani forces.

With all due respect for what you have done for the nation , Sir my hearty thanks . Now you are a politician I can understand . But sir Once a Fauji in always a Fauji . Again with due respect sir let our Tigers lose . Let our Men take care of these terrorists who keep killing , threatening, raping our real citizens .

The army has always been of the opinion that they should not be deployed in the heartland against insurgencies. It is not simply the opinion of a general who has turned politician. Not just the army, but the forces that are presently fighting the naxals are also of the same opinion. Did you see any of the injured policemen on TV say "Please, we don't want to fight anymore, let the army do it"? @vk17 is one of the people fighting the Maoists, let's hear his opinion on this.

Why cant the Police forces be modernize ?

What kind of modernisation are we talking about . Jawans are complaining about INSAS being inferior to they AK47s and they are heavily equipped with weapons which are used for wars from rocket launchers to grande launchers. You want police force to fight heavily equipped terrorists with light weapons ? Instead of arming police why can't we deploy troops and finish this crap once and for all ?

Back
Top Bottom