What's new

V K Singh opposes deploying army in Maoist-hit areas

Army should not be deployed there. If needed arm more CRPF.

But thats not the problem I think the police there has already well equipped. What they need is serial integrated strikes, thats it.

That's your patronizing idea about adivasis, that they are primitive forest dwellers with stone tools. "Adivasi" simply means aborigines, and in India, some of these people populated India long before Indo-Aryans or Dravidians did, hence the term "Adivasi" (First inhabitant) for them.

But that does not mean that a boy or girl from an adivasi community cannot learn to shoot with a rifle, or learn guerilla warfare. They have the same mental and physical capabilities as anybody else. They too can adapt and change with the times.

Andrew Symonds is an Australian "Adivasi" - or what they call "aborigine", which means exactly the same thing. That doesn't mean he paints his face and chases kangaroos with spears for a living.

Yes they do all that, but despite all that, they are Indian citizens. It's a fact. "Indian citizen" is not a compliment or rebuke - it is just a factual matter. Citizenship does not mean goodness. Even if they commit terrorism, extort businesses, kill our security forces etc, they are Indian citizens. Just like the TTP fellows are Pakistani citizens, although they kill Pakistani forces.

The army has always been of the opinion that they should not be deployed in the heartland against insurgencies. It is not simply the opinion of a general who has turned politician. Not just the army, but the forces that are presently fighting the naxals are also of the same opinion. Did you see any of the injured policemen on TV say "Please, we don't want to fight anymore, let the army do it"? @vk17 is one of the people fighting the Maoists, let's hear his opinion on this.

Oh my god !!! So as per your assessment Rapist , murderes Kidnappers or other criminals should be rehabilitated instead of punishment ? Man get real . These are small army with full military doctrine in place .

Oh my god !!! So as per your assessment Rapist , murderes Kidnappers or other criminals should be rehabilitated instead of punishment ? Man get real . These are small army with full military doctrine in place .
Take reading comprehension classes. Did I ever use the word "rehabilitate", or any of its synonyms?

They should be killed with extreme prejudice. By the appropriate agency, which in the case of internal insurgeny, is not the army.

Same goes for murderers, kidnappers etc.

Anyway please read the post once more, since you seem to have completely missed the point and formed your idea of what the response to you would be, without reading the response first.

Friends make understand your point of view

Army should not be deployed but CRPF BSF can be !!! Why CRPF Jawans won't kill Naxals and go for party ?

If we are concerned about the reputation of the Army then change the uniform and send our elite force . What is wrong ?

I really don't understand this logic why Army should not be sent but CRPF can . May be they are poorly armed ?

Why cant the Police forces be modernize ?
Police modernization has been going on and it depends on financial health of the state but if you look at CAPFs especially deployed in Naxal areas they are better equipped and trained than State police thats why maoist usually attack poorly equip state police.

CRPF Cobra
IMG-20150413-WA0023.jpg

That's your patronizing idea about adivasis, that they are primitive forest dwellers with stone tools. "Adivasi" simply means aborigines, and in India, some of these people populated India long before Indo-Aryans or Dravidians did, hence the term "Adivasi" (First inhabitant) for them.

Adivasis are tribal people who are the oldest inhabited and the term aborigines defines itself that those are the oldest people and they live in nature and are very good people.

Andrew Symonds is an Australian "Adivasi" - or what they call "aborigine", which means exactly the same thing. That doesn't mean he paints his face and chases kangaroos with spears for a living.

Are you serious ?

Yes they do all that, but despite all that, they are Indian citizens. It's a fact. "Indian citizen" is not a compliment or rebuke - it is just a factual matter. Citizenship does not mean goodness. Even if they commit terrorism, extort businesses, kill our security forces etc, they are Indian citizens. Just like the TTP fellows are Pakistani citizens, although they kill Pakistani forces.

They all are Indian citizens and this is the reason VK singh is opposing Army operations against them.

Army should not be deployed but CRPF BSF can be !!! Why CRPF Jawans won't kill Naxals and go for party ?

If we are concerned about the reputation of the Army then change the uniform and send our elite force . What is wrong ?

I really don't understand this logic why Army should not be sent but CRPF can . May be they are poorly armed ?

OK before going into detail about this, are you aware of the fact that these questions have been asked for years? That you are not the first to ask these questions? I think you should do some homework and read about the discussion that has taken previously on this. Many times, both the army and the police forces have made it clear that the army should not be deployed.

If you haven't read these debates and explanations before, I would suggest do that for a while.

From the army's POV, they do not want to be mired in an internal conflict and lose their warfighting edge by training for counter insurgency. This is not my opinion, but that of the armed forces, throughout the years. The police forces have also given very convincing explanations for why they should do the job, and not the army.

Its not about Reputation of the Army . Indian Army is there to defend Indian borders and Indian Citizens.

Maoists are there because of political differences and they are not for breaking unity of India.

Adivasis are tribal people who are the oldest inhabited and the term aborigines defines itself that those are the oldest people and they live in nature and are very good people.

Are you serious ?

They all are Indian citizens and this is the reason VK singh is opposing Army operations against them.

And if they are Indian citizens and so army should not be deployed then why are you sending CRPF ? Why don't you send few yoga master and mental health doctor or a councillor to make them under stand ?

You yet to answer my question . R u willing to do it ? Can you go and talk with Naxals and make peace ? Cause am waiting with text with ur name. Just about to send your willingness to contribute to the welfare of Naxals and Adivasis

Police modernization has been going on and it depends on financial health of the state but if you look at CAPFs especially deployed in Naxal areas they are better equipped and trained than State police thats why maoist usually attack poorly equip state police.

CRPF Cobra
View attachment 214924

So the state budget is less for the Police forces, Is this you want to say ?

Umm..really? This is the patronizing class superiority inherent in many Indians' minds. The American equivalent during slavery days was the "Uncle Tom" stereotype.

"Adivasi" simply refers to the origins of that people - not that they are all nice, good, obedient people, or any such nonsense. Stop stereotyping groups.

Are you serious ?

Yes, I am. Gives a whole different perspective, doesn't it? That Australian aborigines today don't walk around with spears and shields and shout war cries?

Blogs: Stuart Wark on the under-representation of Aboriginal players in Australian cricket | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo

So yes, an "adivasi" can be a scientist or lawyer, and still be an adivasi if his ancestry is from one of those original groups than inhabited the land.

That is correct. And that is only one of the reasons. There are plenty more.

Its not about Reputation of the Army . Indian Army is there to defend Indian borders and Indian Citizens.

Maoists are there because of political differences and they are not for breaking unity of India.

Whattttt ? :o:

Do you think there are for Unity and welfare of the Nation ?

Answer my simple question . Why to have jail when all are Indian citizens ? And what we must or police must do when misguided Indian citizen try to avoid getting nabbed and so he resort to kill the police men ?

What police must do ? How to deal with this misguided citizen ? Kill him or get killed ?

But these police men are not Indian Citizen ? :disagree:

OK before going into detail about this, are you aware of the fact that these questions have been asked for years? That you are not the first to ask these questions? I think you should do some homework and read about the discussion that has taken previously on this. Many times, both the army and the police forces have made it clear that the army should not be deployed.

If you haven't read these debates and explanations before, I would suggest do that for a while.

From the army's POV, they do not want to be mired in an internal conflict and lose their warfighting edge by training for counter insurgency. This is not my opinion, but that of the armed forces, throughout the years. The police forces have also given very convincing explanations for why they should do the job, and not the army.

I have placed a question to Mr. Hindustani and it's for you too . Leave every . Please answer this alone .

And if they are Indian citizens and so army should not be deployed then why are you sending CRPF ? Why don't you send few yoga master and mental health doctor or a councillor to make them under stand ?

You yet to answer my question . R u willing to do it ? Can you go and talk with Naxals and make peace ? Cause am waiting with text with ur name. Just about to send your willingness to contribute to the welfare of Naxals and Adivasis

Center and State Governments are constantly talking with the Naxals and on certain level its even working . How many Naxals have surrendered in the last year ?

With 148 Naxals surrendering between July and September, there has been a remarkable rise in the numbers of rebels laying down arms.

CRPF and other police forces always deal with Indian citizens - that's what they are there for. Please be a little more mature,and stop attacking strawmen arguments like this. Earlier you asked "so you want to rehabilitate rapists"? Now you ask "so you want to send yoga masters"? If you are seriously looking for answers, desist from this juvenility.

If an Indian citizen burgles your house, do you go to:
1) The police?
2) The army?
3) Yoga masters?

When the point of them beig Indian citizens is brought up, what the speaker means is NOT that they are Indians, so we should go easy one them. The point is that the appropriate agency should deal with the appropriate threat. The army is trained todefend the country or invade other countries. Not take care of domestic issues, no matter how serious they are.

So the state budget is less for the Police forces, Is this you want to say ?
Recent attack was in Chhattisgarh one of the least industrialized state besides these kind of ambushes are too much for paramilitary let alone state police

Back
Top Bottom