Useless Ukraine-Russia war benefitting only arms producers: PM Hasina

BANGLADESH

UNB
28 July, 2022, 12:45 pm
Last modified: 28 July, 2022, 01:39 pm

Photo: PMO

Terming the Ukraine-Russia war as meaningless Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday said only arms producers are profitting from the conflict.

"…this war is meaningless because we are witnessing that only the arms producers are making profits. The lives of the general people are endangered," she said.

The prime minister said this while inaugurating Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Centennial Technical Training Center in Tungipara and 23 other technical training centres in various upazilas across the country.

The programme was held at Osmani Memorial Auditorium while the prime minister joined virtually from her official residence Ganabhaban.

Hasina said that this war comes with sanctions and counter-sanctions threatening the global economy.

"Developed countries are facing severe problems. They have now started to save electricity and fuel oil, they are in anxiety about food security and taking various steps for that," she said.

The premier said that countries like Bangladesh which have started a journey towards a specific goal to become developed are facing severe hurdles due to this war.

"This is very much regretful. But we must not stop our advancement," she said.

The prime minister mentioned that the war struck when the world was facing the coronavirus pandemic and economic recession resulting from it.

"To save the fuel oil all countries have taken various types of initiatives and we are also following that," she said.

Hasina put emphasis on building skilled manpower as Bangladesh has a huge young population.

"We are working on that. We want to build skilled manpower through providing them training aiming to continue the pace of development."

Expatriates' Welfare and Overseas Employment Minister Imran Ahmad, Parliamentary Standing Committee on Expatriates' Welfare and Overseas Employment Ministry Chairman Barrister Anisul Islam Mahmud, Bureau of Manpower, Employment and Training (BMET) Director General Shahidul Alam and Expatriates' Welfare and Overseas Employment Secretary Ahmed Munirus Saleheen also spoke at the programme.

A documentary on the technical training centres was screened at the programme.

Loving Hasina more with every judged comment she makes on the Ukraine war.

These idiots(West) are harming themselves more than Russia with these stupid sanctions.

Useless Ukraine-Russia war benefitting only arms producers: PM Hasina

BANGLADESH

UNB
28 July, 2022, 12:45 pm
Last modified: 28 July, 2022, 01:39 pm

Terming the Ukraine-Russia war as meaningless Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday said only arms producers are profitting from the conflict.

"…this war is meaningless because we are witnessing that only the arms producers are making profits. The lives of the general people are endangered," she said.

The prime minister said this while inaugurating Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Centennial Technical Training Center in Tungipara and 23 other technical training centres in various upazilas across the country.

The programme was held at Osmani Memorial Auditorium while the prime minister joined virtually from her official residence Ganabhaban.

Hasina said that this war comes with sanctions and counter-sanctions threatening the global economy.

"Developed countries are facing severe problems. They have now started to save electricity and fuel oil, they are in anxiety about food security and taking various steps for that," she said.

The premier said that countries like Bangladesh which have started a journey towards a specific goal to become developed are facing severe hurdles due to this war.

"This is very much regretful. But we must not stop our advancement," she said.

The prime minister mentioned that the war struck when the world was facing the coronavirus pandemic and economic recession resulting from it.

"To save the fuel oil all countries have taken various types of initiatives and we are also following that," she said.

Hasina put emphasis on building skilled manpower as Bangladesh has a huge young population.

"We are working on that. We want to build skilled manpower through providing them training aiming to continue the pace of development."

Expatriates' Welfare and Overseas Employment Minister Imran Ahmad, Parliamentary Standing Committee on Expatriates' Welfare and Overseas Employment Ministry Chairman Barrister Anisul Islam Mahmud, Bureau of Manpower, Employment and Training (BMET) Director General Shahidul Alam and Expatriates' Welfare and Overseas Employment Secretary Ahmed Munirus Saleheen also spoke at the programme.

A documentary on the technical training centres was screened at the programme.

Europeans are the most savage people on earth.

They created two world wars that led to mass famine in Asia. Because they brought their wars on our soil.

And now they are on the verge of a Third World War.

I wish China could wipe these genocidal maniacs out!!!

For 500 years they have done nothing but death and destruction!

Europeans are the most savage people on earth.

They created two world wars that led to mass famine in Asia. Because they brought their wars on our soil.

And now they are on the verge of a Third World War.

I wish China could wipe these genocidal maniacs out!!!

For 500 years they have done nothing but death and destruction!

No reason to be racist. 👍

Hasina should ask Putin to stop the war.

Bangladesh should keep a low profile. Hide your teeth. Put away your claws. Shut your mouth. Pay more attention to self-development.

I look forward to seeing better Bangladesh.

Bangladesh should keep a low profile. Hide your teeth. Put away your claws. Shut your mouth. Pay more attention to self-development.

I look forward to seeing better Bangladesh.

This is really affecting BD and other developing countries.

Hasina knows what she is doing and she knows that the weak West will not react negatively to truthful comments meant to stop these idiotic sanctions that harm both the West and everyone else.

I am not surprised at Hasina's idiotic jargon on international affairs. Does anyone listen to her except Indian @UKBengali?

Hasina's purpose is to claim all problems related to her not being able to buy the bridles for her expensive horses that are called power stations.

She borrowed and built many expensive power houses but had no plan to buy oil or LNG. Now, the country is suffering and she is blaming the war.

Last edited:
This is really affecting BD and other developing countries.

Hasina knows what she is doing and she knows that the weak West will not react negatively to truthful comments meant to stop these idiotic sanctions that harm both the West and everyone else.
Friend, you misunderstand me.

I said, "Bangladesh should pay more attention to developing itself". I mean, if Bangladesh has enough national strength. you can avoid being affected by international affairs (at least slightly).

International turbulence such as war or financial crisis has an impact on every country. But the affordability of each country is different. This leads to their different ways of dealing with international crises.

my suggestion is. Everything is centered on "economic development". Avoid getting involved in international disputes. you just need to know what is good for economic development. Let time solve other things.

This war makes as much sense as her obsession with Dr. Yunus.

Last edited:
Friend, you misunderstand me.

I said, "Bangladesh should pay more attention to developing itself". I mean, if Bangladesh has enough national strength. you can avoid being affected by international affairs (at least slightly).

International turbulence such as war or financial crisis has an impact on every country. But the affordability of each country is different. This leads to their different ways of dealing with international crises.

my suggestion is. Everything is centered on "economic development". Avoid getting involved in international disputes. you just need to know what is good for economic development. Let time solve other things.

Yes I agree that a country like BD should keep low and just focus on economic development.

We have around another 15 years before we even become "middle-income" state.

Hasina is a great leader who cares deeply for BD and so I shall bow to her wisdom here.

If you notice, you will see that BD never takes sides between USA, India and China.

We are a neutral country and like to mind our own business. Our arms are outstreched to be friends with any country that wishes the same with us.

Back
Top Bottom