What's new

US would intervene with military to defend Taiwan

US white house has cleared that Taiwan policy hasn't changed doesn't mean that US gov disagrees with Biden necessarily. Maybe it is indeed US policy always to intervene militarily in case of Taiwan crisis and it's just that US gov never intended to say that clearly in the public before, it just always says its Taiwan and China policies haven't changed all the time, but no one really knows what "Taiwan and China policies haven't changed" mean exactly.

China definitely needs fast at least 3000 nuclear warheads, many more nuclear ballistic submarines and missiles to deter US aggression on Taiwan and other issues at large. 300 plus nuclear warheads is just a token figure to US and US won't take it seriously. China just have to learn from Russia that no Mutual Assured Total Destruction of both USA and China by nuclear weapons means no peace and no sovereignty integrity for China.
US is all big, its ability to wage wars oversea had long gone.
authoritarian regimes are on warpath in order to invade their neighbors.
Do you know which country invaded other countries most in recent history?

feature-graphic.jpg

Bro,

Afghanistan is still unfinished business and a headache for Pakistan. ISIS-K, TTP, and BLA are active there. TTP and BLA have killed many Pakistani soldiers, and continue to do so. BLA is a threat to the Chinese in Pakistan as well. Afghan Taliban have their own mindset and interests in the end. The state is once again negotiating with TTP and a TTP commander was released recently. How is US affected by any of this? I suspect that Biden administration intentionally left Afghanistan in its current state - this allows US to renegotiate its terms of engagement for the region (if necessary). DG-ISI visited US recently - sufficient indicator.

Pakistan could not take much advantage of American intervention in Afghanistan to its benefit - to secure best possible outcome for itself. This is in part due to many Pakistani being emotional about the whole saga. Hamid Gul effect or something.

Americans did not run from the Middle East and Africa on the other hand. They fight till the end where they feel it is necessary.

Some Chinese friends are focused on "optics." My 2 cents, therefore.
But I don't know what goal they achieved in Afghanistan, the Taliban is back in power, what goal they achieved in Iraq after killing tens of thousands and what goal they achieved in Vietnam and Korean wars... they fought a lot of useless wars and made a lot of meaningless killings.

That was before Ukraine war and clear evidence that authoritarian regimes are on warpath in order to invade their neighbors.

Oh yeah, who did ran away from fighting and many ultimately drowned in the river during the Galwan clash in 2020, Chinese or Indian soldiers ?

US is all big, its ability to wage wars oversea had long gone.

feature-graphic.jpg
I am not so sure now, especially if US think you are weak, it will very likely impose war on you.

Biden seems to be more hawkish than Trump in foreign policy affairs :o:
Why are you giving surprised reaction

Big part of trump's appeal was less hawkish foreign policy, more focus on domestic issues

Biden was the opposite

Pretty much the end of the Chinese invading Taiwan. They will make some noises for their domestic gullible audience but in reality they have been put in place for once and for all
That's you sick delusional Indians wish for. Will your pathetic Indian army send troops to fight China over Taiwan too along side Yankees ? Come, It's good opportunity for you opportunistic Indians to take some lands from China and for you lackeys to look good in front of your Yankee masters, China can take you Indians at the same time too !

Last edited:
From now on it seems that west is taking harder attitude towards authoritarian countries and that change has been prompted by China's no-limit friend Russia with their Ukrainian invasion.

I'm sure Xi will be sending "thank you" letter for Putin.
Biden dont called the shot.... US Congress do.

Reality check for DPP: US ‘does not support Taiwan independence’: Global Times editorial

That was before Ukraine war and clear evidence that authoritarian regimes are on warpath in order to invade their neighbors.

Thanks for your fake source. Seriously are you 3 years old to trust such news? From such reading, I can surely know its some make up article and writing from grade 3 student.

Oh yeah, who did ran away from fighting and many ultimately drowned in the river during the Galwan clash in 2020, Chinese or Indian soldiers ?

I am not so sure now, especially if US think you are weak, it will very likely impose war on you.

China has been very tight-lipped about their casualties in Galwan while India is a democracy where info is harder to suppress.

But I don't know what goal they achieved in Afghanistan, the Taliban is back in power, what goal they achieved in Iraq after killing tens of thousands and what goal they achieved in Vietnam and Korean wars... they fought a lot of useless wars and made a lot of meaningless killings.
Dear,

You see useless wars and meaningless killings in person because you are a good man.

Great powers tend to have global ambitions and "political objectives" to pursue and fulfill in reality. You will find some answers in following post:

-----

US invaded Afghanistan to dismantle Al-Qaeda Network. This organization was deemed responsible for 9/11 given its history and more. Osama Bin Laden was retraced and killed in 2011. Hamza Bin Laden was retraced and killed in 2019. A deal was reached with Afghan Taliban to make sure that they will not allow any organization to plot attacks on US from Afghanistan in 2020.

You see how things moved forward?

Al-Qaeda Network was the primary target and focus. Rest was distraction and noise for "war profiteering."

Check the US Department of State list of terrorist organizations and you won't find the title Afghan Taliban in it.

The deal matters.

Afghan Taliban know very well what is at stake. Significant explosions rocking Kabul was ample reminder.

-----

In regards to the Vietnam War:

It is important to focus on the "long game." How it is played. Short-term gains are useless. Cold War was the longest lasting war to be fought in modern times - it was fought in lands of others but in USA and USSR respectively.

Which side won the Cold War? Vietnam is warming up to US again in fact.

I would like to draw attention to developments in Somalia as well. Guess who is back there and who are in power there? People are too fixated on Hollywood's Black Hawk Down - stuck in the past.

-----

Americans have mastered the art of imperialism. Check American military footprint around the world - you will realize that US is like a continuation of the the British Empire. It never died.

They are not exactly Evil - some of their missions were sensible and helpful to locals in different regions from time-to-time. But arms is a multi-billion dollar industry.

The bottom line is that they know how to fight a war. They are not running from anywhere - they are literally everywhere.

-----

I am a well-wisher on a personal level. I hope that China - Taiwan issue is sorted out amicably. Both are prosperous lands and valuable contributors to global computing needs.

China has been very tight-lipped about their casualties in Galwan while India is a democracy where info is harder to suppress.
China made public with evidences that 4 Chinese soldiers died in the incident while everyone knows Indian true casualties are concealed, much higher number than the 20 that made public just as Indian gov and media claim that only 400 K people perished in the pandemic while in reality at least 5 millions have died, everyone knows in the world, so much for your so called democracy. After all, which country's troops ran away and many got drowned ? And what about all the Chinese released photos of hundreds of Indian soldiers captured by the Chinese side ? What does that tell you ?

Last edited:
People need to look beyond pure rhetorics. Such nationalistic and macho jingoism comes when you are losing battle in the public space. Biden's approval rating is at the lowest.

Biden approval rating hits new low in AP poll | The Hill
Poll: Americans pessimistic on Biden, economy (axios.com)
Americans are pessimistic about the economy and Joe Biden's presidency, a CBS News poll out Sunday indicates, with 63% of respondents describing the state of the country as "uneasy" and "worrying."
Biden's approval rating stands at 44% in the poll; 56% disapprove of his handling of the presidency. Sixty-five percent of people polled said they felt Biden is "slow to react" when issues arise, and 69% said the economy is "bad."

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 5.37.06 PM.png

He needs all the distraction he can get. China and Taiwan issue becomes an easy target.
Just look at Indian and Pakistani politicians. All they need to do to raise their rating is say shit about the other country. BJP literally wins election on that basis.
It's just a easy way to divert attention, nothing more.

From now on it seems that west is taking harder attitude towards authoritarian countries and that change has been prompted by China's no-limit friend Russia with their Ukrainian invasion.

I'm sure Xi will be sending "thank you" letter for Putin.

I trust the quality of every words spoken by liberal democracies leaders.

They will intervene, of course, by sending Twister messages. Or they may organize something like "Pray for Taiwan" ceremony. Probably, some self-claimed best-of-world snipers (anything in the US is best of the world automatically, regardless how shitty they are) may be sent to Taiwan for visiting and return 2 weeks later after seeing the war with China is different to the wars in Somalia or Afghanistan, where killing / raping innocent children and women were considered the greatest victory and honor.

North Vietnamese army before 1975 seems only to respect South Korean and Australian armies who fought along US army because of their disciplines, I do not know myself but have read a lot of war memories The US troop were very in-disciplined. How come they believe they can fight China as their weapons are now increasingly inferior. Nuclear aside, China could crush the US in one month and surely can conquer American soil if their navy is strong enough (not sure if they are already)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom