What's new

US would intervene with military to defend Taiwan

I believe what are shown on the publicized map of 4 Indian armies plus one division near the Ladhka region to be true though I might not know their army names and details, that's not for me to care that much. And I don't believe what you are saying or presenting to overturn what are shown on the map. End of discussion !
My god , you are hellbent on not admitting your mistake right ? Do some research and then tell me. Take your time. If you don't believe me then do your own research and believe it

You either don't know how big is the Taiwanese Coast or you have no idea what Blockade mean. Blockade mean you absolutely stop every traffic in and out of an area and having the capability of intercepting all traffic going in and out of an area. You do that by either patrol the entire region, or you do that by literally park your ship outside everyone of their port. You cannot park enough sub outside every one of Taiwanese port to enforce a blockade. Russia posted 5 ships with around 10 auxiliary to just blockade Odessa, there are 6 Major port, 15 commercial port and up to 110 leisure port, all of which can be used for supply, which mean you will have to blockade them all with all 70 subs,

You can't patrol the entire Western Pacific with just 70 sub either. Do you even know how big is the entire Pacific ocean?? Again, you can post two routes and block the North end and South End of Taiwan Strait, that's doable, I would say even the entire US Navy cannot blockade Taiwan that have access to open ocean.... Taiwan have up to 80,000 square kilometres of water territories expanded off their 1600km coast line, good luck trying to patrol 80,000 square km with 70 subs, or even the entire 400 ship Chinese Navy, that mean every ship in the PLAN have to patrol 200 square kilometres 24/7.

You also have to account for the pre-war build up, an op this big, China would need about 5 to 6 months to get everything in place in preparation, US saw Russian is going to attack 4 months before the actual actual take place, it will give the US ample time to send whatever the Taiwanese need to defend themselves.
So, you think military take over Taiwan is purely fantasy for China in the foreseeable future and maybe forever then ? All the Chinese generals, officers and general population I hear on media don't believe China is unable to take Taiwan by force. Most important, China just has to blockade all the ports that can be used to receive arms shipping from other countries, and I think there are not many.

Last edited:
A very good neural report on Korean War

The book by David Halberstam
The Coldest Winter

The Coldest Winter: America and the Korean War​

"In a grand gesture of reclamation and remembrance, Mr. Halberstam has brought the war back home."
--The New York Times
David Halberstam's magisterial and thrilling The Best and the Brightest was the defining book about the Vietnam conflict. More than three decades later, Halberstam used his unrivaled research and formidable journalistic skills to shed light on another pivotal moment in our history: the Korean War. Halberstam considered The Coldest Winter his most accomplished work, the culmination of forty-five years of writing about America's postwar foreign policy.
Halberstam gives us a masterful narrative of the political decisions and miscalculations on both sides. He charts the disastrous path that led to the massive entry of Chinese forces near the Yalu River and that caught Douglas MacArthur and his soldiers by surprise. He provides astonishingly vivid and nuanced portraits of all the major figures-Eisenhower, Truman, Acheson, Kim, and Mao, and Generals MacArthur, Almond, and Ridgway. At the same time, Halberstam provides us with his trademark highly evocative narrative journalism, chronicling the crucial battles with reportage of the highest order. As ever, Halberstam was concerned with the extraordinary courage and resolve of people asked to bear an extraordinary burden.
The Coldest Winter is contemporary history in its most literary and luminescent form, providing crucial perspective on every war America has been involved in since. It is a book that Halberstam first decided to write more than thirty years ago and that took him nearly ten years to complete. It stands as a lasting testament to one of the greatest journalists and historians of our time, and to the fighting men whose heroism it chronicles

Thanks for this pointer. Really appreciated.

So, you think military take over Taiwan is purely fantasy for China in the foreseeable future and maybe forever then ? All the Chinese generals, officers and general population I hear on media don't believe China is unable to take Taiwan by force. Most important, China just has to blockade all the ports that can be used to receive arms shipping from other countries, and I think there are not many.
Not saying a fantasy, I am saying it cannot be done now, maybe 10 years form now? Or whenever they have enough asset to do. If it was done now, it will be mostly ended up like Russian in Ukraine right now or worse. if you ask any Russian general in February 24, they don't think they can't go all the way to Kyiv, and 3 months on, only 1 of their 5 target felt (Mariupol) and was beat back in Kyiv and Kharkiv, Odessa and Dinpro were never even being close to in combat, and it took them 81 days to clear Mariupol.

Again, you have an illusional thought of being able to blockade Taiwan, with what? Did China have 10,000 warship hiding somewhere inland no one knows about? As I said, 12 nautical mile out with a 1600km coast line spell 80000 square kilometre of area to cover, and about 900,000 sq kilometre of EEZ if you are pushing out to 100-200km missile range, how do you suppose Chinese Navy to blockade an island with the size of Netherland and with open ocean access? As I said, if the PLAN patrol within 12 nm within Taiwan coast (Which is well inside the ASM range) each PLAN ship would need to patrol 200 sq kilometre every single day 24/7. How are you suppose to do that?? This is not even complex military knowledge, this is just simple maths.

On the other hand, how many troop Can PLA send to Taiwan with 2 Type 75 and 8 Type 71? Even with assorted landing craft, you that is less than 20,000 troop China can manage to put ashore each wave then you need to steam back to China and bring in the second wave, you are facing 2 corps and 5 division numbered 50,000-70,000 men, how are you supposed to fight that number with the troop you can bring ashore? Troop and tanks don't teleport to the battlefield you know??

Talk is easy when you know nothing about the topic at hand, if it was that easy like the Chinese general said, just send a few ship and few missile and that would be done, they would have done it a long time ago.

Not saying a fantasy, I am saying it cannot be done now, maybe 10 years form now? Or whenever they have enough asset to do. If it was done now, it will be mostly ended up like Russian in Ukraine right now or worse. if you ask any Russian general in February 24, they don't think they can't go all the way to Kyiv, and 3 months on, only 1 of their 5 target felt (Mariupol) and was beat back in Kyiv and Kharkiv, Odessa and Dinpro were never even being close to in combat, and it took them 81 days to clear Mariupol.

Again, you have an illusional thought of being able to blockade Taiwan, with what? Did China have 10,000 warship hiding somewhere inland no one knows about? As I said, 12 nautical mile out with a 1600km coast line spell 80000 square kilometre of area to cover, and about 900,000 sq kilometre of EEZ if you are pushing out to 100-200km missile range, how do you suppose Chinese Navy to blockade an island with the size of Netherland and with open ocean access? As I said, if the PLAN patrol within 12 nm within Taiwan coast (Which is well inside the ASM range) each PLAN ship would need to patrol 200 sq kilometre every single day 24/7. How are you suppose to do that?? This is not even complex military knowledge, this is just simple maths.

On the other hand, how many troop Can PLA send to Taiwan with 2 Type 75 and 8 Type 71? Even with assorted landing craft, you that is less than 20,000 troop China can manage to put ashore each wave then you need to steam back to China and bring in the second wave, you are facing 2 corps and 5 division numbered 50,000-70,000 men, how are you supposed to fight that number with the troop you can bring ashore? Troop and tanks don't teleport to the battlefield you know??

Talk is easy when you know nothing about the topic at hand, if it was that easy like the Chinese general said, just send a few ship and few missile and that would be done, they would have done it a long time ago.
In the beginning, before sending troops, PLA has to take out the command and control centres, communications, airports, ships, naval bases and strategic weapons inventories of Taiwan's armies with missiles, smart UAV drones and rockets to paralyze the island. Then send stealth fighters followed by bombers to take out remaining important strategic assets such as political centres, power stations and media broadcasting centres. PLA should then just mine the ports and send battleships and subs to patrol just outside the ports to prevent foreign arms supplies ships from docking on the piers, that's doable. 70,000 troops of Taiwan are spread throughout the island though, PLA, both paratroopers and marines with coordinated assaults just first have to establish a base or stronghold somewhere on the coast, then re-enforcement troops through both seas battleships and airplanes could come in waves to take up surroundings of the original base and grow occupying areas, then take all the important locations wave after wave until the island is under control. China is now building all together 8 type 075 ships and has about 50 Y20 now. PLA has one paratroops army of about 50000 men and marines of 7 brigades of 40000 men. All together 90000 men are enough to establish a stronghold on the island on first wave.

One hold back of Russian army from gaining full control of Ukraine is that Putin and his generals don't want to inflict huge civilian lives loss.

In the beginning, before sending troops, PLA has to take out the command and control centres, communications, airports, ships, naval bases and strategic weapons inventories of Taiwan's armies with missiles, smart UAV drones and rockets to paralyze the island. Then send stealth fighters followed by bombers to take out remaining important strategic assets such as political centres, power stations and media broadcasting centres. PLA should then just mine the ports and send battleships and subs to patrol just outside the ports to prevent foreign arms supplies ships from docking on the piers, that's doable. 70,000 troops of Taiwan are spread throughout the island though, PLA, both paratroopers and marines with coordinated assaults just first have to establish a base or stronghold somewhere on the coast, then re-enforcement troops through both seas battleships and airplanes could come in waves to take up surroundings of the original base and grow occupying areas, then take all the important locations wave after wave until the island is under control. China is now building all together 8 type 075 ships and has about 50 Y20 now. PLA has one paratroops army of about 50000 men and marines of 7 brigades of 40000 men. All together 90000 men are enough to establish a stronghold on the island on first wave.

One hold back of Russian army from gaining full control of Ukraine is that Putin and his generals don't want to inflict huge civilian lives loss.
lol you do know what you are saying is exactly what Russia is doing in the first week of war.

Taiwan have multiple underground C&C structure, the moment you stack troop alone the sea coast in China, they would know, because the US would know and they will tell them, and then they will disperse and move underground, just like what the Ukrainian did. Missile never work in denying an area, again, Russia have launch thousand of missile on airport and infrastructure since the war, almost none of them are affected, fighter still fly, drone still fly and missile still hitting Russian ship.

lol, building 8 Type 75? First of all, how long does it take to build 8 ship? on average 2 years per, you are looking at 16 years before they are ready. And then what? Each Type 075 carry regimental sizes troop not divisional, which mean with 8 ship you get less than 15,000 men, less if you also bring in assault equipment, so realistically, you are looking at 8 Type 075 can bring a full division of 12,000-15,000 men. With 50 Y-20 carrying 150 men each, you are talking about less than 30000 troop, and then you are facing 50-70,000 troop regular troop BEFORE being mobilised.

lol, you think 50 Y-20 can bring in 50,000 troop in the first wave?? What kind of Transport you get there? Starship Enterprise?? Y-20 have a reported 120 tons payload, that's include cargo and fuel, realistically, similar aircraft (C-17) can host 107 Paratrooper each plane, it will take 50 Y-20 10 trip to bring in 50,000 men, Flight time between closest Chinese city in East Coast to Taiwan West Coast is 2 hours, a round trip would be 4 hours, if you also count embarking and disembarking, refuelling and general flight check, you are talking about 6-8 hours per trip. it will take 3-4 days for 50 Y-20 to bring in 50,000, and that is assuming none of them were shot down while delivering troop.

Again, if it was THAT easy, China would had done it a long time ago.

And lol, Russia don't want to inflict civilian lost? Dude, are we watching the same war?? So, these are "Not wanting to inflict civilian lost?"

OIP.jpg
istockphoto-1391681330-640x640.jpg
OIP (1).jpg
OIP (2).jpg

This is just Irpin, I am not even try to prove my point with photo from Mariupol and Popasna

Last edited:
lol you do know what you are saying is exactly what Russia is doing in the first week of war.

Taiwan have multiple underground C&C structure, the moment you stack troop alone the sea coast in China, they would know, because the US would know and they will tell them, and then they will disperse and move underground, just like what the Ukrainian did. Missile never work in denying an area, again, Russia have launch thousand of missile on airport and infrastructure since the war, almost none of them are affected, fighter still fly, drone still fly and missile still hitting Russian ship.

lol, building 8 Type 75? First of all, how long does it take to build 8 ship? on average 2 years per, you are looking at 16 years before they are ready. And then what? Each Type 075 carry regimental sizes troop not divisional, which mean with 8 ship you get less than 15,000 men, less if you also bring in assault equipment, so realistically, you are looking at 8 Type 075 can bring a full division of 12,000-15,000 men. With 50 Y-20 carrying 150 men each, you are talking about less than 30000 troop, and then you are facing 50-70,000 troop regular troop BEFORE being mobilised.

lol, you think 50 Y-20 can bring in 50,000 troop in the first wave?? What kind of Transport you get there? Starship Enterprise?? Y-20 have a reported 120 tons payload, that's include cargo and fuel, realistically, similar aircraft (C-17) can host 107 Paratrooper each plane, it will take 50 Y-20 10 trip to bring in 50,000 men, Flight time between closest Chinese city in East Coast to Taiwan West Coast is 2 hours, a round trip would be 4 hours, if you also count embarking and disembarking, refuelling and general flight check, you are talking about 6-8 hours per trip. it will take 3-4 days for 50 Y-20 to bring in 50,000, and that is assuming none of them were shot down while delivering troop.

And lol, Russia don't want to inflict civilian lost? Dude, are we watching the same war?? So, these are "Not wanting to inflict civilian lost?"

View attachment 847337View attachment 847341View attachment 847342View attachment 847343

This is just Irpin, I am not even try to prove my point with photo from Mariupol and Popasna
Of corse, there will always damages becos it's a war, but it's not like WW II where whole cities are bombed and flattened without any reservations.

And what experience does China have

The only real war the US has fought since WWII was with North Vietnamese / Viet Cong army. War in Iraq, Libya or Afghanistan were just child works.

When you have 10 - 100 times more weapons to fight a primitive, poorly trained army, your victory is not worth to mention. And even 500.000 US troops lost fighting with a primitive, poorly trained army (Vietnam). And China and Russia are different.

And do not mention the Korean war..

From now on it seems that west is taking harder attitude towards authoritarian countries and that change has been prompted by China's no-limit friend Russia with their Ukrainian invasion.

I'm sure Xi will be sending "thank you" letter for Putin.
What a joke. Give the Taiwanese lollipops and entice them to face the Chinese, give them arms but no manpower. They will wait for the Taiwanese to be slaughtered at their expense. They will never engage the Chinese head on. Any encounter will result in massive loss of lives on both sides and would be a political suicide for any US administration.
A

Back
Top Bottom