What's new

US will provide all support to India to become a Global Leader: Panetta

I got 40% salary hike with one of the MNC operating In India. I don't see Indian market melting... I will be alive, you will be alive for next 2 years, we will see how India is getting Doomed... :P

Now @ topic: India is not a superpower or may not be superpower in next few decades, Bt still it is an emerging power. Every country will want to gain from Indian growth. Same time India is looking to gain from China, USA or any other power.

As one of respectable member "Developerado" mentioned India need to be cautious that USA don't use and dump it. I agree with him.

Off topic: I was listening to Nazam sethi once, In program he quoted some book, the Book says "Americans don't like democratic government, rather they like totalitarian govt. They find it easy to deal with totalitarian govt (single Window). The best example is Pakistan:

In Mush era it was easy for america to do anythng, there was no one to oppose Mushy, But today the civilian democratic govt can't dance on American tune, The opposition will parade them left and right...

On the same note, I will say that Indian democracy will not allow american to play any foul game, Left parties will oppose any such act from tooth to nail.

The financial markets tend to be ahead of actual ground realities. Whilst America has finally excepted it can not continue spending on its military the Chinese continue to increase spending. Its only a matter of time before they overtake America. look at the number of engineers coming out of Chinese uni's.

And what are those financial markets in America and China telling you?

I got 40% salary hike with one of the MNC operating In India. I don't see Indian market melting... I will be alive, you will be alive for next 2 years, we will see how India is getting Doomed... :P

You lucky d*g... I just got 17% :(

And what are those financial markets in America and China telling you?

You lucky d*g... I just got 17% :(

I negotiated very hard, First they were agree for 60% , but there management didn't approve it :( . I am still in loss of 20%... I am loosing almost 2 lakhs INR... :frown:

United Nations: India's economy will grow at a slower pace of 6.7 per cent in 2012 instead of a previous 7.7 per cent forecast, according to the United Nations, which warned that the euro area debt crisis will remain the biggest threat to world economy this year. The global economy is projected to grow by 2.5 per cent in 2012 and 3.1 per cent in 2013, following a growth of 2.7 per cent in 2011, a slight downward revision from previous forecasts, the report said. Most regions of the world would also be expanding at a pace below potential.Economic growth in South Asia is projected to moderate to 5.6 per cent in 2012, down from 6.1 per cent in 2011 as the region continues to face significant regional and global headwinds.India s economy is forecast to expand by 6.7 per cent in 2012, after growing by 7.1 per cent in 2011, it said. In January this year, the UN had pegged India's economic growth rate at 7.7 per cent for 2012 and 7.9 per cent in 2013 in its World Economic Situation and Prospects.Weak demand in developed countries and a slowing Chinese economy are likely to weigh on economic growth in East Asia. Average regional growth is projected to slow from 7.1 per cent in 2011 to 6.5 per cent in 2012.
So chill out buddy. It's global trend.:enjoy:

The financial markets tend to be ahead of actual ground realities. Whilst America has finally excepted it can not continue spending on its military the Chinese continue to increase spending. Its only a matter of time before they overtake America. look at the number of engineers coming out of Chinese uni's.

Financial markets reflects ground realities, if financial markets were to be ahead of actual ground realities, all investors would become millionaires

Again, it is not numbers that matter, but the intent and attitude. China may overtake Americans, but they don't have the attitude or intent to be a superpower.

America has built up its dominance over a century of hard work. It ain't going away in a hurry. By saying that, I am not shortchanging the Chinese in anyway -- you know I respect China's accomplishments a lot -- but America has a lot of resilience in it yet.

Financial markets reflects ground realities, if financial markets were to be ahead of actual ground realities, all investors would become millionaires

No, Aryan is right. Financial markets price shares on the projected state of the financials.

Remember the saying, "buy on rumor, sell on news"?

America has built up its dominance over a century of hard work. It ain't going away in a hurry. By saying that, I am not shortchanging the Chinese in anyway -- you know I respect China's accomplishments a lot -- but America has a lot of resilience in it yet.

I think we will continue to see America's power diminish over the next 10 until we hit a tipping point that will come as the result of a crisis maybe the US dollar losing reserve status. Also if you look at empires in history there has been a tendency for the period of fall from zenith to trough getting shorter and shorter. Example the Brit empire more or less went from a max to min within 50 years.

You will no doubt remember that after encouraging Georgia to be belligerent the Americans took no action against Russians when they attacked

may be we will have to agree to disagree on this mate

Well they can talk of friendship and jointers all they like but actions speak louder than words and there are STILL restrictions of DRDO and ISRO for certain dual-use technologies.

I think we will continue to see America's power diminish over the next 10 until we hit a tipping point that will come as the result of a crisis maybe the US dollar losing reserve status. Also if you look at empires in history there has been a tendency for the period of fall from zenith to trough getting shorter and shorter. Example the Brit empire more or less went from a max to min within 50 years.

You will no doubt remember that after encouraging Georgia to be belligerent the Americans took no action against Russians when they attacked

may be we will have to agree to disagree on this mate

10 years? Are you serious? They wil remain the largest economy for atleast 2 decades and are likely to remain the most powerful nation by military power for decades for that. They have had the best pet of a century as number 1 and have built up quite an advantage over the rest. Eg more than 70% of operational ACCs right now are American and they are all nuclear super carriers. The US also as 4/5 Marine Expedtionary Groups circling the world at any one time loaded with thousands of Marines, dozens of MBTs, scores of helos etc that alone are enough to take on most smaller nations. Don't delude yourself pal.

The US administration is learning the value of PR groundwork -- it has come a long way from Vietnam to Iraq to, now, Iran and Pakistan.

It's more than business. America's whole strategy is to empower Asian countries so they feel emboldened to challenge China for their own interests.

If you can keep your adversary busy in his own backyard, he will have less time to come mess around in yours.

Exactly what China has done with respect to India by using Pakistan . Limiting India to South Asia. Although India has recently tried to break away through its Look-East Policy

Exactly what China has done with respect to India by using Pakistan . Limiting India to South Asia. Although India has recently tried to break away through its Look-East Policy

Even simpler! If India has to split forces to 2 borders, it will be weaker in total. That's the same what the US wants with praising India now and getting us as an ally, because we are the only country (other than Russia) that can open a 2nd frontline against China. Add our strategic location in the Indian Ocean and INs credible capabilities here and you know why they are doing anything to get us on their side.

If the US gives India TOT for arms purchases and helps build the defense industry here, then it will be worth it.

Buying weapons off the shelf and being totally reliant on the US for spares and support would be a massive mistake.

Now @ topic: India is not a superpower or may not be superpower in next few decades, Bt still it is an emerging power. Every country will want to gain from Indian growth. Same time India is looking to gain from China, USA or any other power.

As one of respectable member "Developerado" mentioned India need to be cautious that USA don't use and dump it. I agree with him.

Off topic: I was listening to Nazam sethi once, In program he quoted some book, the Book says "Americans don't like democratic government, rather they like totalitarian govt. They find it easy to deal with totalitarian govt (single Window). The best example is Pakistan:

In Mush era it was easy for america to do anythng, there was no one to oppose Mushy, But today the civilian democratic govt can't dance on American tune, The opposition will parade them left and right...

On the same note, I will say that Indian democracy will not allow american to play any foul game, Left parties will oppose any such act from tooth to nail.

40% hike? So what, Government of Pakistan increased the salaries of employees by 100% 2 years ago (adhoc allowance that was later merged in the basic salary), last year it was 50% and this year it is 30%. And these are Government salary increases mate. State Bank gave employees an average of 30% increase in their 'monetized' salary and so on......

Even simpler! If India has to split forces to 2 borders, it will be weaker in total. That's the same what the US wants with praising India now and getting us as an ally, because we are the only country (other than Russia) that can open a 2nd frontline against China. Add our strategic location in the Indian Ocean and INs credible capabilities here and you know why they are doing anything to get us on their side.

But considering and sort of making decisions that will infuriate 'China' is quite stupid, for a long time I have said in my posts that America does not fight with her immediate neighbours, matter of fact America does not fight anyone that has the ability to hit mainland USA. Asian countries must resolve all issues amongst ourselves and Asia will emerge as the next Europe.....just more powerful and rich.

LOL @ Indians

"jis country say America haath milata hey woh mulk kay loog ise tarhan kahtay hain ... ASI KE TESI AMERICA ke ham ye kardengay ham woh karedengay ham America ke eek nahe sunaingay bla bla bullshits... maza uswaqt ata hey jab American 10 20 saal support daykar jab wapis maangta hey na doo tu phir ..... :rofl:"

Back
Top Bottom