What's new

US warns Russia 'this is not Rocky IV' as Putin puts fighter jets on combat alert

But is Syria worth it ? If you allow Russia to enter Ukraine you've just shoved your two biggest allies in the East under the bus,Poland and Romania as Russia will come next to their borders.Transnistria will declare independence while Moldova will cower in fear back to Russian influence with Russian troops at their borders thus destroying everything we've worked to achieve in there.

Now,it could be possible that the US doen't care about this or their allies but it seems to much for me.

Western Ukraine would be bordering Russia in the worst scenario. The way i see it, Russians are now only in a "fight" for Sevastopol base, Crimea and perhaps eastern Ukraine, although i doubt they will manage to pull it all off.
Imho there will be some agreement, Russians keep Sevastopol until 2042, Crimea gets some autonomy, or perhaps entire eastern section of Ukraine gets more autonomy in what would be a federation or confederation type.
Hopefully the EU and US pressure the right wingers to not create a sufficient mess in the Russian speaking regions for them to feel threatened and call Russia to help, which would be an excuse for an invasion.

US has only 2 ships right now
Yes,but what will happen if something happens to either one of them.
The US 6th fleet is in the mediterranian i believe.
Lets hope nothing escalates and they find a political solution.

Western Ukraine would be bordering Russia in the worst scenario. The way i see it, Russians are now only in a "fight" for Sevastopol base, Crimea and perhaps eastern Ukraine, although i doubt they will manage to pull it all off.
Imho there will be some agreement, Russians keep Sevastopol until 2042, Crimea gets some autonomy, or perhaps entire eastern section of Ukraine gets more autonomy in what would be a federation or confederation type.
Hopefully the EU and US pressure the right wingers to not create a sufficient mess in the Russian speaking regions for them to feel threatened and call Russia to help, which would be an excuse for an invasion.

No man,look at the map.In the event of a split they get the South-Eastern part up to Odessa which will bring them at our borders and at the mouths of the Danube.

I agree with you though,the powerplay is for Crimeea now.

can't you read bw the lines? I am not American, How should I know what they do? By their word, It must be a tough decison. Any way, we just make sure Us have to divide its resouces into 2 different situation, which may end up losing both way
Lets say they divide into two,what happens to the rest of NATO,you think they just sit by and watch?
Better no war!

But is Syria worth it ? If you allow Russia to enter Ukraine you've just shoved your two biggest allies in the East under the bus,Poland and Romania as Russia will come next to their borders.Transnistria will declare independence while Moldova will cower in fear back to Russian influence with Russian troops at their borders thus destroying everything we've worked to achieve in there.

Now,it could be possible that the US doen't care about this or their allies but it seems to much for me.

Yes its a catch 22 for the likes of Romania.. But thats what happens when you put all your eggs in to one basket.. In global real politiks there are no permanent friends or foes especially when it comes to the Anglo Saxon west.. Its'a major blunder to prick regional powers over perceived ideological support from far off West.. That always only act in their self interests

No man,look at the map.In the event of a split they get the South-Eastern part up to Odessa which will bring them at our borders and at the mouths of the Danube.

I agree with you though,the powerplay is for Crimeea now.

idk, the maps i looked at had concentrations of Russian speakers only in east, yes, south as well, but not so far west as Odessa is.

#edit: nevermind, i was wrong.

Ethnolingusitic_map_of_ukraine.png

In any case, i don't think there will be a partition. hopefully it's not just me being naive. :D

Yes its a catch 22 for the likes of Romania.. But thats what happens when you put all your eggs in to one basket.. In global real politiks there are no permanent friends or foes especially when it comes to the Anglo Saxon west.. Its'a major blunder to prick regional powers over perceived ideological support from far off West.. That always only act in their self interests

Well,at least we have an american base and troops in here but i agree with your assesment in general.

Lets say they divide into two,what happens to the rest of NATO,you think they just sit by and watch?
Better no war!
we are talking about conflct, not the WW3. If WW3 happens, NATO no match for alliance Russia and China in conventional war. As for nuclear, all is over.

idk, the maps i looked at had concentrations of Russian speakers only in east, yes, south as well, but not so far west as Odessa is.

#edit: nevermind, i was wrong.

Ethnolingusitic_map_of_ukraine.png

You see that there's a big community of russian speakers at our Eastern border and with Russian troops in the vecinity Transnistria and Gagauzia will imediately declare independence.Even the gap between the regions has "predominantly russian speakers"

Back
Top Bottom